Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Wink This is just pathetic. Picking on a V6 girl.

As the title states i think i witnessed the most pathetic thing i ever saw on the road today. So i leave work today and head home. Once i get past the bumper to bumper stuff i get towards the very fun wide open roads for the last 1/3 of my trip home. Anyways about 300yrs ahead of me at a red light i see a shiny blue 5th gen and thought cool another Camaro.

So the light turns green while i'm still about 100yds away and i see a bunch of smoke in the right lane and hear the launch of something i hadn't noticed as i was not paying attention to the car next to the 5th gen.

I just keep riding back behind and then i notice in the right lane is an orange Challenger that is now kinda backing off, letting the Camaro get up side by side then the Chally punches it, backs off then punches it again. So i'm thinking ok looks like these two might decide to run at the next light. ( Each light is about 1 mile apart).

Next light turns red just as were getting close. Both rides stop and i now notice the 5th gen is a V6 with a girl driving and it has a temp plate. Brand new!! The 5th gen is doing nothing and the Chally is an SRT8 and revving it up. Light turns green and again smokes the tires and launches. Now the Chally has my attention. I'm still hanging back behind the 5th gen just watchin'. Again the Chally backs off and allows the girl to catch up and the Chally starts giving throttle and backing off. Does this a few times.

Now i'm getting and the next time the Chally lays into it i decide to change lanes and give a little throttle to get up along side the V6. I get up close look over, the girl looks at me, points to the Chally ahead of my and flips him off. She looks back over to me and i give her the and throw a wave as i push it a bit and get in front of her.

Chally is still ahead of us a little and light goes yellow. I pull up and guy looks over at me and i yell over to him. That's not a fair fight but, i will be happy to give you one. We won't go into any details here but before the next light arrived i saw the Chally turn off from my side view. (the only view i ever saw him in)

At the light V6 girl pulled up on my right. Said SS and thank you.

I nodded and made my left turn as she kept on going ahead.

Anyways, was a nice ride home. The last part anyways. Pissed me off to no end seeing this dude teasing around with a girl in a V6. Have the Challengers just thrown out the white flag ad given up at this point?

I thought the SRT8 would run better than it did. Seriously 10k more with 25hp on me and that's all i got out of the deal? I felt so unsatisifed.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
bigted83
They call me captain slow

Drives: 2010 camaro lt
The only challenger i messed with was a v6 one and we would both go up to 80 and let off, we did that for a little while.

And I know the feeling that girl had
bigted83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
good for you, big brothers need to watch out for us little guys.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
How unfair...picking on a Challenger like that....:(

Old 01-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
whitessrs
20TENSS (Chad)

Drives: 2010 summit white 2SS/RS
I like this story, glad you had her back, I would have done the same thing.
2010 2SS/RS Dynatech headers,high flow cats,MBRP 3" cat back exhaust,Cold Air Inductions filter,custom tune by EPS,BMR 1" lowering springs.TSW nurburgrings powder coated matte black.RK sport rear spoiler.SLP front splitter

whitessrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
How unfair...picking on a Challenger like that....:(

We need a Challenger version of the Mustang smilie.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #7
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
smoke that challenger
Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
We need a Challenger version of the Mustang smilie.

+1

Old 01-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Thats a good story

Unfortunately I have one of those types of people in my town. Bad thing is they are driving a new Black SS... he pulls that stunt with everyone!
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:23 PM   #10
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Good job big brother!

The v6 might have taken him for a bit if caught him of guard
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #11
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUS10BMX View Post
Thats a good story

Unfortunately I have one of those types of people in my town. Bad thing is they are driving a new Black SS... he pulls that stunt with everyone!

That's just wrong. Just hold out hope one day he will miss 2 gears and get rocked by a V6 and look stupid.

Doesn't matter what model it is. They are all beautiful.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Awesome story....I often get picked on too, but no SS' are around when I need them lol....but then again most of them aren't much of a match cuz I know I can take them, I just don't wanna waste my time
Old 01-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #13
08-G35s/6MT

Drives: racecars
Me and my little brother beat a new Challenger V6 in his 15 year old Mazda Millenia S(with only some minor mods, like CAI and chipped by Jet Performance, and so on...), lmfao. The Challenger still had dealer plates on it and you could hear the engine revving, but we slowly but ever so sweetly pulled on him, he looked at us with a weird look hahaha..... He beat a 2010 Mustang V6 at the drag strip a few weeks back too, and continues to beat 2005-2010 Stangs, though he has lost to a few, he usually beats 'em. He does high 14s/low 15s, with a 4-speed auto in his Milly. He's thinking about swapping out a 6-speed manual from an MX-6 to take advantage of the ol' supercharged Miller Cycle. ;D
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #14
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
He hasn't screwed with me yet, I haven't had a chance, haha. My buddy's wimpy little neon srt4 already smoked him.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote