Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2015, 03:14 PM   #197
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I'm thinking the GT350 front end transferred over like how the GT500 front end was on the 2013-2014.

I'm not a fan of the 2015, to me the 2013-2014 looked the best, reason I made a fast move to get one before they were gone. But I also did the same when I bought my green Camaro, can't let opportunities slip by.
Yea , Ford did a great job on the 13- 14 mustang's . I would like to have a GT350 next to my Camaro but it's crazy that you notice the front difference.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:41 AM   #198
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Daaaaaang , that's cheap! It's funny how the Camaro cost more but it was still kicking the mustang but for 5 years straight. That's impressive when the mustang is America's favorite pony/muscle car but ppl still picked against it and spent more just for a Camaro. But the price is just one of many things that the mustang has over the Camaro . But I'm happy the new bigger, wider, longer, heavier and new style mustang is doing so good because Chevy needs to change the 6th Gen front end. If it does still have the refresh front that is.
What's even crazier than that is if you are willing to drive to another part of the country you can get a Ecoboost for $20,XXX, GT for $28,XXX and GT premium for $32,XXX. Now that is crazy cheap for a brand new model. I remember having to fight tooth and nail to get my employee discount, USAA rebate, and the other $500 rebate that was available at the time when getting my 2010 SS new. It looks to me like Ford might be trying to flood the market and seriously undercut the competitions price the way they did during the 4th gen era. I think they got super tired of being out sold for 5 years.

Personally, if I get a 6th gen I hope the Mustang does outsell it. Blasphemy I know but for the last 6 years I got tired of seeing another 5th gen just like mine every few feet. Totally killed my resale as well. I would rather the 6th gen be better in every way but a little more exclusive. Of course I don't want it to be so bad they kill the car but rather keep improving it to try and drive sales up.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:34 AM   #199
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
What's even crazier than that is if you are willing to drive to another part of the country you can get a Ecoboost for $20,XXX, GT for $28,XXX and GT premium for $32,XXX. Now that is crazy cheap for a brand new model. I remember having to fight tooth and nail to get my employee discount, USAA rebate, and the other $500 rebate that was available at the time when getting my 2010 SS new. It looks to me like Ford might be trying to flood the market and seriously undercut the competitions price the way they did during the 4th gen era. I think they got super tired of being out sold for 5 years.

Personally, if I get a 6th gen I hope the Mustang does outsell it. Blasphemy I know but for the last 6 years I got tired of seeing another 5th gen just like mine every few feet. Totally killed my resale as well. I would rather the 6th gen be better in every way but a little more exclusive. Of course I don't want it to be so bad they kill the car but rather keep improving it to try and drive sales up.
Yea, that's a little insane with those low prices . I think that might be Fords plan and that makes sense, since I see them all over every day now . I love seeing the 5th Gens on the streets but I get what you are saying. I would have to say GM did keep improving the 5th Gen though. More towards track improvements.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:52 PM   #200
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
I don't think the Camaro and Mustang even share identical markets. They may have in 1967, but a lot has changed since then. Yes, muscle car guys love both... but I think that's where it ends. The Camaro has the identity of a race car, serious sports car, and pure retro muscle car now. The Mustang is the "cool car" of choice for Mom when the kids move out. You can throw teenage girls in there too. They seem to love the Mustang. They don't even care about HP or handling. They like the pony on the grill and it reminds them of the 6 cyl 1966 Stang that grandma drove to high school.

There is a segment of the market that buys Mustangs without even considering a Camaro.
The Camaro does not have the identity of a race car (the Mustang doesnt either), nor does the Mustang "own the market" on gender roles and "the car mom goes to when the kids move out" no more than the Camaro is a "me too" car for people who want a "muscle car" . Such views are overly simplistic and reeks of brand blind loyalty.

Here in Portland I see pretty much an even mix of genders driving both cars, both GT/SS's and V6's. I do not have preconceived notions as to who or what gender is going to be behind the wheel. Might be a man, might be a woman, might be old, might be young. Could be a true performance enthusiast, could be a image only kind of person.

I think Number 3 said it over on the Camaro6 forums, that we who inhabit these forums, in the Mustang, Camaro and Challenger world are a very small fraction of the 4-10,000 people each month who buy these cars. The majority of the people only care about comfort, styling and image.

In terms of Motorsports all three of the brands cars have seen success in certain realms. The Camaro is doing really well in the CTSCC series, especially after taking strong positions at Sebring. Meanwhile the Camaro is not really competitive in the PWC and is usually outclassed by Mustangs that cost less than half as much and are more restricted. The Challenger Drag Paks often do very well in NHRA FS/C and FSS/C classes (Factory Stock and Factory Super Stock) and are very consistent cars with Gen3 426 Hemi's or 392's. A few of the 2011's still run with the Vipers V10, usually running in FSS/E.

But for 95.5% of the people do not give a rip about those factors. Does it look good? Is it fast looking? Is it in fact fast? How will people look at me with this car? Those are the decision making factors for those people, the rest comes down to brand loyalty.

Put a NHRA Comp # or SCCA info on the windshields with a bunch of stickers, a loud exhaust, performance looking tires and a majority of people will think "OMG RACE CAR"..about any of them.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #201
ricosuave
MC-12W

Drives: 2006 Civic LX, 2011 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
This...why i wanted an SRT in the first place...and why i posted that anything with an SRT stamp on it will be worth alot more in the future than my SS...I dont plan on getting buried with my SS unfortunately...
BUT LS3 was the big seller followed by the price difference...then again 10k now may mean 15k plus in the future but who knows...
for now ill enjoy the V8 6 Speed until i am forced to let it go.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:10 AM   #202
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
This...why i wanted an SRT in the first place...and why i posted that anything with an SRT stamp on it will be worth alot more in the future than my SS...I dont plan on getting buried with my SS unfortunately...
BUT LS3 was the big seller followed by the price difference...then again 10k now may mean 15k plus in the future but who knows...
Looking for some sort of exclusivity when buying a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, etc. is a pipe dream. Just accept that you drive a mass produced car and do things to make it your own.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #203
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
Looking for some sort of exclusivity when buying a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, etc. is a pipe dream. Just accept that you drive a mass produced car and do things to make it your own.
Agree 100%.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:25 PM   #204
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricosuave View Post
So you're saying that you settled because you couldn't get a SRT? Lol.... And you only wanted a SRT because it would be worth more ? LOL.... Makes sense.... You're trying to buy a car to get rich off of... lol.... Go trade in your SS so someone can enjoy it that really wants a 5th Gen.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #205
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:
To every rule, there are exceptions. Anyone with a ZL1 is fairly exclusive. Anyone w/ a Z/28 is certainly exclusive. Anyone w/ a Hellcat, no doubt. Maybe even a GT500.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #206
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobWH View Post
To every rule, there are exceptions. Anyone with a ZL1 is fairly exclusive. Anyone w/ a Z/28 is certainly exclusive. Anyone w/ a Hellcat, no doubt. Maybe even a GT500.
None of those cars is "exclusive"; anybody who wants to and can afford to buy one is free to do so. Because of their price, it might mean fewer of them are purchased than the lesser trims of the model, but that does not make them "exclusive", just seen less on the road.

Exclusive (meaning to exclude) would be a car like the z/28 if it were only available for purchase by a licensed racing team instead of any person off the street.

They're only going to build 47 GT350R's in MY 2015, but that still will not be an exclusive car. Anybody who has the desires and means to buy one will be able to purchase one as long the supply lasts. They will be rare to see on the roads, for sure, but not by any means "exclusive".
Old 05-02-2015, 10:04 AM   #207
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
None of those cars is "exclusive"; anybody who wants to and can afford to buy one is free to do so. Because of their price, it might mean fewer of them are purchased than the lesser trims of the model, but that does not make them "exclusive", just seen less on the road.

Exclusive (meaning to exclude) would be a car like the z/28 if it were only available for purchase by a licensed racing team instead of any person off the street.

They're only going to build 47 GT350R's in MY 2015, but that still will not be an exclusive car. Anybody who has the desires and means to buy one will be able to purchase one as long the supply lasts. They will be rare to see on the roads, for sure, but not by any means "exclusive".
True! I guess some forget what the word (exclusive ) means. I have seen more ZL1's than 1LE's but I'm thinking it's because the legendary name.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:41 PM   #208
RobWH

Drives: Silverado
Quote:

Your definition of exclusive doesn't totally match Merriam-Webster and sorry, but I give them far more credibility.

There's no "might mean" to it on the number purchased. They are limited, according to the company which makes them and we... don't matter.

Since the manufacturer limits things like who can sell them or how many will be built, they are instantly exclusive in cases like the ZL1 or Z/28. There's much more than just cost.

Quote:
There will be 137 GT350's and 37, not 47, R models for 2015. 37 was chosen in memory of Carroll Shelby, who insisted that along with 2 prototypes, he built 35 1965 Shelby GT350's... which somehow won the SCCA B Production national championship.

37 or even 100 absolutely does meet "exclusive" in terms of automobiles and nothing you can think will change that. LACK OF AVAILABILITY defines the word "exclusive" even more than "cost" defines it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
True! I guess some forget what the word (exclusive ) means. I have seen more ZL1's than 1LE's but I'm thinking it's because the legendary name.
Exclusive: 1 a : excluding or having power to exclude b : limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group. Apparently that "person" is both of you.

If you've seen more ZL1's, you're in an area where more are on the roads, etc. The 1LE is far more successful and... less exclusive in terms of sales.
RobWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #209
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Your definition of exclusive doesn't totally match Merriam-Webster and sorry, but I give them far more credibility.

There's no "might mean" to it on the number purchased. They are limited, according to the company which makes them and we... don't matter.

Since the manufacturer limits things like who can sell them or how many will be built, they are instantly exclusive in cases like the ZL1 or Z/28. There's much more than just cost.

There will be 137 GT350's and 37, not 47, R models for 2015. 37 was chosen in memory of Carroll Shelby, who insisted that along with 2 prototypes, he built 35 1965 Shelby GT350's... which somehow won the SCCA B Production national championship.

37 or even 100 absolutely does meet "exclusive" in terms of automobiles and nothing you can think will change that. LACK OF AVAILABILITY defines the word "exclusive" even more than "cost" defines it.

Exclusive: 1 a : excluding or having power to exclude b : limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group. Apparently that "person" is both of you.

If you've seen more ZL1's, you're in an area where more are on the roads, etc. The 1LE is far more successful and... less exclusive in terms of sales.
Oh , yea ! If I had a ZL1 , I wouldn't tell ppl that i have an exclusive car when they can go to the nearest dealer and buy one that's sitting outside . Lol... Because than everyone could say that their cars are exclusive. I didn't know that you can call a car that's sitting on dealer lots not just in show rooms exclusive because you can purchase it or see it outside in the rain. Exclusive but it's outside of dealer lots for anyone to buy.
Old 05-02-2015, 03:00 PM   #210
titanfan
Account Suspended

Quote:

Yep, my mistake on mistyping the number of 2015 GT350R's that will be built. But we'll have to agree to disagree on what we consider an "exclusive" automobile. So, explain to me again, who is Ford excluding from purchasing one of the thirty-seven GT350R's being sold as 2015 models?