Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #85
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
[QUOTE=yescats;8657495]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post

It was side to side.

Pretty much the same thing, back and forth, side to side, either way I don't care for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Tuning AFM out as well as tuning in general really wakes these cars up, unfortunately those concerned about their warranty have a dilemma.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #86
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I haven't played with manual mode since I've had my car tuned yet. One complaint about the stock manual mode was the lazy shifts. I always found the delay when clicking the paddle a little too long. I will try my manual mode out now that I'm tuned to see. I can say a tuned L99 in D romps a stock tuned L99 in manual mode though....

Interesting folks drive their autos like manuals I would never have guessed that. The buttons on the shifter of CFD's product is a nice solution to the crappy paddle configuration.

I agree about the warranty dilemma CFD so I made that decision by weighing both sides. AFM may have issues long term based on other GM equipped engines and that will likely come into play after the PT warranty is up... So that was a factor as well. Mind you the Range I used dealt with that problem well enough with minimal risks...

Last edited by qcman; 09-27-2015 at 12:53 PM.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:27 PM   #87
yescats

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS L99 Vert
[QUOTE=CFD;8657595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yescats View Post

Pretty much the same thing, back and forth, side to side, either way I don't care for it.

Tuning AFM out as well as tuning in general really wakes these cars up, unfortunately those concerned about their warranty have a dilemma.
My Certified factory warranty runs out in February. Then the private exclusionary extended warranty is effective to 5yrs 100k miles. I'll feel comfortable doing the tune after the factory warranty expires. I doubt private warranty inspectors will ask to have a tune detected. But even if they do I feel more comfortable going battle with them than GM. GM has unlimited resources. The insurance company and their underwriters don't. I've had a lot of experience handling them and always won with them when there was disputes. They really hate to wind up in ripoffreport.com and mildly care about their BBB reputation. My experience with GM had been they couldn't care less once someone upstairs makes the decision to dig their heels in.
yescats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #88
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I am fortunate in that anything that should go wrong with my car I can fix myself and in many cases make it better, so when something breaks I upgrade or re-design to my liking. For that reason I tuned it shortly after purchasing in 2010. This is not the case with many so you have to weigh it out and decide to take the chance. Once the warranty is over anyways, have at it.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #89
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I am fortunate in that anything that should go wrong with my car I can fix myself and in many cases make it better, so when something breaks I upgrade or re-design to my liking. For that reason I tuned it shortly after purchasing in 2010. This is not the case with many so you have to weigh it out and decide to take the chance. Once the warranty is over anyways, have at it.
I am unfortunate that I can't fix anything on a car but my car is paid for so if I had to pay something out of pocket due to a denied warranty I might not be happy but I can manage it I'm sure.

And I didn't like it the way it was so I weighed trading it for something that didn't annoy me which would ultimately cost me more. I like the car again now so I think it was worth it for that alone. My powertrain is the only thing left after next month and it doesn't cover that much anyways when you read them.... Kind of funny my GF has a nice little Mercedes SLK Roadster and now she's bugging me to find out if her car can be tuned after riding in mine lol. She thinks her car will wake up that much tooumm no....
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #90
yescats

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS L99 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
I am unfortunate that I can't fix anything on a car but my car is paid for so if I had to pay something out of pocket due to a denied warranty I might not be happy but I can manage it I'm sure.

And I didn't like it the way it was so I weighed trading it for something that didn't annoy me which would ultimately cost me more. I like the car again now so I think it was worth it for that alone. My powertrain is the only thing left after next month and it doesn't cover that much anyways when you read them.... Kind of funny my GF has a nice little Mercedes SLK Roadster and now she's bugging me to find out if her car can be tuned after riding in mine lol. She thinks her car will wake up that much tooumm no....
A Throttle Controller might help.
yescats is offline   Reply With Quote