Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #29
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post
Apparently, volumetric efficiency in a modern engine is a foreign concept to you.

Not to worry though, you're forgiven.

Your Stock 4.6L V8 GT Motor = 300 hp @ 5,750 rpm
............................................. ........ ......

My Stock 3.6L V6 LS Motor = 304 hp @ 6,400 rpm
........................................... ....... .......
Stock LS3 with 376 ci = 426hp @ 5900

Stock 5.0 with 302 ci = 412hp @ 6500

not too shabby for a motor down 74 ci
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #30
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
I've already trashed a couple of gt's, it's like they slow down when they see you coming, let you pass and then stay back away from you.
I don't think they know the diff from a v6 to a v8, we know the secret and we keep it from them.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #31
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Apparently, volumetric efficiency in a modern engine is a foreign concept to you.

My stock 3.6 V6 ls motor = 312hp not 304hp
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #32
KungFuHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
I've already trashed a couple of gt's, it's like they slow down when they see you coming, let you pass and then stay back away from you.
I don't think they know the diff from a v6 to a v8, we know the secret and we keep it from them.
if i saw you coming, id slow down so we could get a run in...but then again, if youre like most Camaro drivers, youd pull up next to me, not look over or even acknowledge i was there, then romp on the throttle and take off and then expect me to chase you (a chase is a race after all) and then come on the internet and post about how you "slaughtered a mustang"...one who wasnt even racing.

and youre right...this new body style camaro it is very difficult to tell the V8's from the V6.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:02 PM   #33
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
If you guys think the v6 camaro could beat a pre 2010 GT lol.... They are pretty good mid 13 cars. Their weight and torque are what have you..
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #34
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:

GT = 325 torque
LS = 273 torque

He's got you beat
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #35
KungFuHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
If you guys think the v6 camaro could beat a pre 2010 GT lol.... They are pretty good mid 13 cars. Their weight and torque are what have you..
what does that have to do with anything? if a car weighs 4000 lbs but makes 450 hp it can surely beat a car that weighs 3500 lbs and only makes 350 hp...its simple math! more hp=faster ALWAYS. bigger engine =faster ALWAYS! i know!

gosh i remember IROC guys thinking they were SO fast cause they had a 350...then just could NOT understand how some puny lil 5.0 could smoke em...and thats when i was a Camaro guy too
Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #36
spyderbuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
if i saw you coming, id slow down so we could get a run in...but then again, if youre like most Camaro drivers, youd pull up next to me, not look over or even acknowledge i was there, then romp on the throttle and take off and then expect me to chase you (a chase is a race after all) and then come on the internet and post about how you "slaughtered a mustang"...one who wasnt even racing.

and youre right...this new body style camaro it is very difficult to tell the V8's from the V6.

First of all I like the new Mustangs, and look to see who's driving. I give a thumbs up because they a sweet cars. So I respect them, the one's i"m talking about are the guys that pull up next to you at a red light, reving there engines, those are the guy's I leave. I don't chase a Mustang, Charger, Chally, or even and SS I just set the cruise and let the rest of you go. I'm not fast just fair. If you out run me fine no hurt fielings.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:10 PM   #37
KungFuHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
First of all I like the new Mustangs, and look to see who's driving. I give a thumbs up because they a sweet cars. So I respect them, the one's i"m talking about are the guys that pull up next to you at a red light, reving there engines, those are the guy's I leave. I don't chase a Mustang, Charger, Chally, or even and SS I just set the cruise and let the rest of you go. I'm not fast just fair. If you out run me fine no hurt fielings.
then youre an exception to the rule
Old 06-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #38
ghazzi1397
Hail to the GENERAL

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
You have settled into your seat, the smell of new Mustang leather flares your nostrils. A flick of the wrist and the GT motor springs to life. The raucous rumble of the exhaust sends excitement to your nerves as you ease the mighty Ford from captivity and into the night. The 3:00 AM moon watches and the cool air surrounds you as you cruise the streets in your shiny black steed. But your quick senses tell you that you are not alone. You check the mirrors, scan the darkness but see nothing. But deep inside you know, it is lurking, waiting, waiting for you! Then you hear the rumble, you feel the tremble of the road beneath your tires, you know it is coming for you. It smells your fear as it tracks your pace. Then from behind you see the white rings of death fast approaching. You down shift and try to accelerate away from your fate. But in your heart you know there is no escape. The light ahead turns red and you know the inevitable is about to occur and there is nothing you can do to stop it! The white rings from the RS scans as it slowly approaches its prey, knowing this will be a quick kill. The muscular fenders of the SS ease up along side as you look into the dark hollowed eyes of the driver. Your heartbeat slows as you hear each cylinder of the mighty LS3 firing beside you, the deep note of its exhaust reverberating through your car. You look at the driver again, but see no mercy, not this time.

The light turns green, you crush the pedal to the floor as you side step the clutch. The black stallion springs forward with a vicious launch. The rear tires screaming in agony trying to find traction. The tach bounces off of the rev limiter as you pull second gear towards you. The engine roaring its anger but you hear nothing but your heartbeat. You look over and realize all too late, that it is over. The Camaro is two lengths ahead and probing into the darkness. You slowly shift into third as you watch the glowing red tail lights disappearing into the night from where it came, knowing the Camaro had made another kill. It had been quick and unyielding.

The garage door opens and the light beacons the mortally wounded Mustang back to its stall. You slowly close the door on your beloved ride and climb the stairs to your safe bed, but in the distance you hear the familiar sound. As you pull the covers over your head you know it is out there lurking, waiting, waiting for you!

Camaro... Why Mustangs fear the night.
WOW....you have to write a novel...ill be the first to buy it
(3800) Order produced [06/18/2010]
Available to ship from Osh [06/17/2010]
In-Transit from Osh [06/29/2010]
Available to ship from rail yard [07/08/2010]
Delivered [07/12/10]
ghazzi1397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #39
|BLACKSS|

Drives: BLACK 1SS
hey kungfuhamster first of all 4.6 mustang is not worth racing 265 rwhp stock and even if it is supercharged it make a 100-150 more rwhp wooooooooo big deal it sounds like to me all you mustang guys with the 4.6 have had way to many years of having you ass handed to you that is why you are all putting so much hope in the new 5.0 and branging on here like you own one JUST ANMIT IT THE 4.6 GT IS A CHEAPER SLOWER MUSCLE CAR THAT IS WHY HIGHSCHOOL KIDS AND OLDER LADIES FOR THE MOST PART DRIVE THEM.....PARENTS BUY THE FOR THERE KIDS BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAPER AND OLDER LADIES LIKE THEM BECAUSE THERE SLOWER AND APPEAL TO GIRLS NOW MATTER WHAT YOU SAY THE 4.6 GT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL AND NOW MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU PUT IN IT GIVE THE SAME AMOUNT AND YOU WILL STILL LOSE
|BLACKSS| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #40
KungFuHamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by |BLACKSS| View Post
hey kungfuhamster first of all 4.6 mustang is not worth racing 265 rwhp stock and even if it is supercharged it make a 100-150 more rwhp wooooooooo big deal it sounds like to me all you mustang guys with the 4.6 have had way to many years of having you ass handed to you that is why you are all putting so much hope in the new 5.0 and branging on here like you own one JUST ANMIT IT THE 4.6 GT IS A CHEAPER SLOWER MUSCLE CAR THAT IS WHY HIGHSCHOOL KIDS AND OLDER LADIES FOR THE MOST PART DRIVE THEM.....PARENTS BUY THE FOR THERE KIDS BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAPER AND OLDER LADIES LIKE THEM BECAUSE THERE SLOWER AND APPEAL TO GIRLS NOW MATTER WHAT YOU SAY THE 4.6 GT IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL AND NOW MATTER HOW MUCH MONEY YOU PUT IN IT GIVE THE SAME AMOUNT AND YOU WILL STILL LOSE
right...the 4.6 is SO slow!! thats why you Camaro guys are making 500 to the tire with bolt ons, yet still run 12s!! LMAO!!! id burn my car to the ground. that is what i call a TURD.

what does your car run? i bet my puny lil bolt on 4.6 would hurt your feelings. i checked the list of times on this site...and i have to admit, with such a fantastic powerplant yalls cars are turds. sorry to burst your bubble, but when i see a 376 ci motor WITH a blower running high 11s? sad.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #41
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:

You're embarrassing yourself. I admit the V6 Camaros have more hp then the 2005-2009 V8 Stangs, but you are ignoring torque. And the Stangs have a big torque advantage, that's why they are faster than your car in the 1/4.

Those 4.6 3V motors put out 320 lb/ft of torque stock, what does your V6 Camaro put out stock?

And I don't need to be forgiven for stating the facts.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #42
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Quote:
GT = 325 torque
LS = 273 torque

He's got you beat
Ah, the voice of reason.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote