Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 11-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #15
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
WELCOME TO THE MADNESS THAT IS C5!!!

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Let us see your 70 Camaro.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #17
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Thanks everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Let us see your 70 Camaro.
Wow. She's in pretty rough shape, ATM. My dad bought her for me when I was 15 as a restoration project we could do together. We got the engine restored to the point of a short block, but the body work turned out to be more than we anticipated. We came to the conclusion that at some point the car had been completely submerged.

We stripped it down and partially disassembled it, did some minor body repair (in addition to the engine work), and then I, as a teenager, got distracted by things like girls and friends and before I knew it I was off to college. I found the engine work a lot of fun, but the body work tedious, and lost interest.

My brother-in-law went to school for auto body repair and offered to work on it for me, so we moved it 120 miles to his place, but that career fell through for him and the car spent the next 20 years sitting in a quonset on his friend's farm. Last year I moved it into a barn on my in-laws' farm.

So currently, the body is (mostly) in one city, the engine is (mostly) in another, and I have whatever's left over here at my place in a third city.

I'll try to dig up some pics, but it's pretty ugly. Thinking it's going to be my retirement project...
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote