Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-16-2019, 02:30 PM   #15
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Taking the old bushings out is easy. installing new poly bushings was 5 times as hard for me.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #16
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
I'll weigh in - when I first read this I didn't note your signature, and was thinking you probably had a aging weak stock posi. Then, I see you have a true track. I definitely would look into sub-frame bushings. It was transformative for my car, from the first release of the clutch backing it out of the garage after the swap everything felt so much more connected in the driveline. It's in the top 4 mods I recommend for any M6 guys. The change from stock the solid aluminum pegasus bushings was pretty easy.

Do understand that there is more noise potential with these, especially if you run an aggressive diff bushing. They don't cause noise, but the will transfer it - so if you have a noisy diff (which you may not even know at this point) you may find out after installing these. Ask 10 different people that have installed solid subframe bushings and you'll get 10 responds, from it added zero noise up to it sounds like there is a circular saw slicing through a railroad tie in the truck. So, I would shoot the middle and say you could reasonably anticipate a mild/moderate increase in rear end noise.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:55 PM   #17
Pewter

Drives: '10 ABM 2SS/RS M6
excellent response, much appreciated
Old 04-20-2019, 09:25 PM   #18
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewter View Post
you kinda lost me, are you saying you think my truetrac is causing it?

i already have bmr toe links, trailing arms, upper control arm mounts, sway bars, diff bushings, 1le shocks and shock mounts
Yep I must have missed your sig. You are down to installing the solid cradle bushings. This is more true with the 2010, which have the voids and are softer than the 2012+. Not as hard as it sounds, the other guys have good tips. Propane torch, heat as evenly as possible, while pushing up with a jack and a 2x4 placed to put some upward pressure on the cradle to push out the bushing. 1" socket in between.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:16 PM   #19
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Also you said you have a 10 SS, check your sway bar mounts and the lower control arms and make sure they have not broken. 10-12' had bad control arm mounts that would split.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:54 AM   #20
Pewter

Drives: '10 ABM 2SS/RS M6
I no longer have the 2010 style sway bars or control arms
Old 04-28-2019, 06:05 AM   #21
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Hey another thought, check your upper control arms. My car has made racket when wet outside and the rear end has been a little loose. They found the upper control arms bushing on one side is worn bad. The can move around the control arm.

So new arms going on Tuesday.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote