Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #1
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Want to make sure I'm getting correct tonneau cover

Hello all. A tonneau cover (boot) did not come standard with my 1LT, so I'm ordering one now. GM lists 3 different product numbers, but I am pretty sure the correct one for the 2012 model year is #22804475.

How will I know for sure that I have the newest 2012 model? I know that the coonectors to the 2 posts are elastic (not plastic). But is there anything else? I think I read that there are 2 foam blocks on each side that rest on the top...is this true? Are there any other nuances that I can check for to ensure it is a 2012? Any assistance will be appreciated.
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Eliminate all doubt. PM Beckd at BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
and have her check with Maureen.
Sorry, I don't recall Maureens address.
Maureen will get you the RIGHT info, and no doubt the best price.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
And as a side note, the foam blocks were added mid-year for the 2011.

The early 2011 covers had clips instead of elastic, and had no foam blocks.

The late 2011 covers had clips and included foam blocks (one on each side at the back).

The 2012-> changed over to elastic straps instead of clips.
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
Calikenn

@hdrdtd: I did and they got back to me very quickly; great folks...thanks for the tip. There is still a little confusion because of a change with the order number, so I'm sill relying on some help from forum members.

@gynatek: so the one I want for my 2012 is the one with both the elastic straps and the foam blocks (one on each side, at the back)?
Old 07-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #5
GnyaTek

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS Vert
If ya get the one with elastic, ya should be covered. I'm not aware of further changes since the switch from the tabs to the elastic.

Mine is a late year 2011 model (GM Part number 22792013) and has the tabs and blocks. Yesterday afternoon was the first time I have had any concern about the cover flying off. I had it top down through the morning and afternoon and it was around 108 degrees out ... I think the heat made the materials stretch out a bit and be softer/more flexible. When I got out on the Interstate after leaving it parked for about 3-4 hours, it rippled quite a bit more than normal and I was "concerned". However, the cover remained firmly attached, to my relief.

As for the part number of the 2012/2013 version, I am not certain and HDRDTD's suggestion is likely the best.
GnyaTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
Calikenn

Thanks alot gynatek!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #7
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
I have the late '11 version (plastic clips and foam blocks). After mine blew off once, I talked to the service dept about replacing it with the newer version (elastic loops). I was told that no matter which part number you order, the new design will be delivered. The old design with clips was discontinued.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Gio Bella

Drives: Camaro 2SS Convertible,blk,blk int
And thanks to the clips that BODHI designed my 2011 tonneau will never fly off!

Gio
Gio Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
Calikenn

@bodih

Thanks for the information bodih. I'll be getting it today or tomorrow from the dealer so I'll find out soon.

Gio Bella (next post) said that your modification helped. I found it but it looks like its for the older clips with the pull up tabs, so thinking it won't apply to the ones with the elastic loops. But it's good info regardless. Is this the thread that Gio is referring to?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...66#post5114866
Old 07-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #10
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikenn View Post
Thanks for the information bodih. I'll be getting it today or tomorrow from the dealer so I'll find out soon.

Gio Bella (next post) said that your modification helped. I found it but it looks like its for the older clips with the pull up tabs, so thinking it won't apply to the ones with the elastic loops. But it's good info regardless. Is this the thread that Gio is referring to?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...66#post5114866
That's the one. I opted to design my own fix, rather than use the elastic loops. I don't feel the clips or the loops are the right method to secure the cover. I've used my design for over a month now, and at runs over 100 MPH without the cover even fluttering. The next mod to the cover will be adhering the felt sheet I put between the top and cover directly to the underside of the cover so I'm back to a one-piece operation again.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Calikenn

Sounds like you have it dialed in! But I'm curious about the felt. Sounds like it goes in between the bottom of the tonneau and the top when its down...what's that for? Thanks.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #12
Btmonty2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS white with IO vert
mine was built in Feb 2011 and it has the foam blocks and tabs as well
Btmonty2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
How much are these? Are any dealers replacing these for free?
Old 07-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calikenn View Post
Hello all. A tonneau cover (boot) did not come standard with my 1LT, so I'm ordering one now. GM lists 3 different product numbers, but I am pretty sure the correct one for the 2012 model year is #22804475.

How will I know for sure that I have the newest 2012 model? I know that the coonectors to the 2 posts are elastic (not plastic). But is there anything else? I think I read that there are 2 foam blocks on each side that rest on the top...is this true? Are there any other nuances that I can check for to ensure it is a 2012? Any assistance will be appreciated.
Have you spoke with anyone from your dealership about this? They should be able to confirm any part needed for the tonneau cover that you wish to put on your Camaro. Please let us know if you need any additional assistance!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service