Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 05-24-2011, 04:03 AM   #239
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCarEnthusiast View Post
The next generation high performance Camaro will be like the current Suburu WTX or the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Small, lightweight, turbo powered 4 liter engine and total weight is 3600 pounds.
==========
Lets hope NOT! ...! ...whats left from a Muscle car?
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #240
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
The next generation high performance Camaro will be like the current Suburu WTX or the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. Small, lightweight, turbo powered 4 liter engine and total weight is 3600 pounds.
Why would they do that when those cars drink more gas than a V6 Camaro?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #241
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Uh...that's a NO on many levels...Uh just NO!!!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #242
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Uh...that's a NO on many levels...Uh just NO!!!
I'm not so sure. He didn't say how many cylinders and a 4 liter turbo could do 425 maybe even 450 HP. And 3600 pounds wouldn't be bad. Just sayin' it could be a smaller 3600 pound Camaro with a 450 HP small displacement turbo V8.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #243
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I'm not so sure. He didn't say how many cylinders and a 4 liter turbo could do 425 maybe even 450 HP. And 3600 pounds wouldn't be bad. Just sayin' it could be a smaller 3600 pound Camaro with a 450 HP small displacement turbo V8.
I think he may have meant 4 cylinder since he referenced the WRX (well I assume WTX is a mistake too) and Evo
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #244
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
I looked at it as the actual cars not his specifics.
They are 4 cylinder sedan rally cars with all wheel drive, so not so much a Muscle Car.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:28 AM   #245
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
I think the 6th Gen Camaro will shrink but not that much. They will use and optimal wheelbase between 106-108 inches, with a total length of 180 inches. The track will remain similar to what it is now and weight should be on a 3300-3700 pound spread across the lineup. The V8 should sell just as many as it does now, 20,000-30,000 a year as the lighter Ecomaro will make up well over 60% of sales. The Eco boost/tec will save these cars.

I wonder it the LFX's intergrated head design will make it over to the Ecotec 2.0. Cheaper, more power, more fuel economy and lighter... can't go wrong there.

When is Camaro5 going to make a Camaro6 section?
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:32 AM   #246
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Ok went to your link:

•EcoBoost uses gasoline turbocharged direct-injection technology for up to 20 percent better fuel economy, 15 percent fewer CO2 emissions and superior driving performance versus larger displacement engines.

•Ford Explorer America concept at the North American International Auto Show showcases EcoBoost combined with other sustainability actions; together, they deliver a 20-30 percent increase in fuel economy, depending on engine selection, versus today’s mid-size utilities.

Bullet 1, up to 20% higher when compared to larger displacement engines. This means the Turbo DI engine get 20% better than a larger engine, not 20% higher than an engine of equal size no DI. This marketing claim was the same one Buick made back in the 80's.

Bullet 2, this just means with mass reduction, aero, lower rolling reistence tires, etc, etc, that they can get up 20 to 30% better MPG with and Ecoboost engine.

And in neither case does it suggest DI alone is worth 20%.

But I agree, back to this mythical car you are talking about.............
Sorry, I had to double check all my info I posted, I was in PK mode. The link I posted did say that it was 20% better than a larger displacement engine but, I personally compared the non-ecoboost engines with the ecoboost engines and there is a solid 15% increase on each engine. That is roughly 4.5mpg increase but as I said, there are other technologies at work here.
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #247
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I love when people say things so "as-a-matter-of-factly", and then others think that person knows what he's talking about.....
Old 05-25-2011, 06:19 PM   #248
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I love when people say things so "as-a-matter-of-factly", and then others think that person knows what he's talking about.....
As a matter of fact, Milk, I know exactly what you mean.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #249
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I think he may have meant 4 cylinder since he referenced the WRX (well I assume WTX is a mistake too) and Evo
Yeah, but he typed 4 LITER, mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wonder if he knows about that other thread that says the Corvette is getting a small displacement turbo V8.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #250
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Quote:
As a matter of fact, Milk, I know exactly what you mean.
sorry ... :(

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 05-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #251
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Yeah, but he typed 4 LITER, mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Wonder if he knows about that other thread that says the Corvette is getting a small displacement turbo V8.
I wonder if we're the source on that one ...

Camaro Fest sub-forum