Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 12-05-2017, 03:40 AM   #1
flynhawaiianss

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro SS
Fog Lights Not Working

Ok guys so a little back story. Bought my used 2011 Camaro SS (non-RS, 27k miles then) back in May of this year (2017). Been super happy with it and nothing has gone wrong and it runs like a champ. Well, as you know the fog lights are halogen bulbs and on Black Friday I saw Diode Dynamics was having a sale website wide. So, I ordered a set of LED bulbs for under $40 shipped. Couldn't wait to get those bulbs in. Took me all of 10 minutes to swap the bulbs out and get the new LED bulbs in. Go to turn the car on, hit the fog light button and nothing happened. It was mid-day so I had the wife come watch the lights as I turned them on and off. She said they came on for a second or less then back off on their own. The result was the same multiple times and I witnessed it that night when I tried it again later. Now I know it was my own fault for not checking the fog lights at the dealership for not working but that's long past . I could of swore that the regular halogens did work at some point not long after purchasing the car but nonetheless I swapped the LED bulbs out and tried the old halogens and they did they same exact thing. Came on for less than a second and immediately off. I checked the fuse in the box under the hood and it's good to go. It is a used car and I have no idea if the bumper was off at some point and the harness was unplugged but if that was the case I wouldn't think they would even flicker on for a second but I guess it could be a loose connection? I hate electrical problems but is there something I could be missing? And where is the harness at exactly to check the connection?
flynhawaiianss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:50 AM   #2
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
I have a 14 LS and my connection was on passengers side behind the front fascia . About 1 foot towards the left of the passengers side fog light if your laying under car . You'll see the wires going to the fog light.
swampcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhawaiianss View Post
Ok guys so a little back story. Bought my used 2011 Camaro SS (non-RS, 27k miles then) back in May of this year (2017). Been super happy with it and nothing has gone wrong and it runs like a champ. Well, as you know the fog lights are halogen bulbs and on Black Friday I saw Diode Dynamics was having a sale website wide. So, I ordered a set of LED bulbs for under $40 shipped. Couldn't wait to get those bulbs in. Took me all of 10 minutes to swap the bulbs out and get the new LED bulbs in. Go to turn the car on, hit the fog light button and nothing happened. It was mid-day so I had the wife come watch the lights as I turned them on and off. She said they came on for a second or less then back off on their own. The result was the same multiple times and I witnessed it that night when I tried it again later. Now I know it was my own fault for not checking the fog lights at the dealership for not working but that's long past . I could of swore that the regular halogens did work at some point not long after purchasing the car but nonetheless I swapped the LED bulbs out and tried the old halogens and they did they same exact thing. Came on for less than a second and immediately off. I checked the fuse in the box under the hood and it's good to go. It is a used car and I have no idea if the bumper was off at some point and the harness was unplugged but if that was the case I wouldn't think they would even flicker on for a second but I guess it could be a loose connection? I hate electrical problems but is there something I could be missing? And where is the harness at exactly to check the connection?
Moved thread to 'DIY & How-To'

-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote