Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #15
red70tvhs
Red

Drives: 2018 Mosaic Black 2ss M6
The Camaro won hands down and will always win hands down against the coyote as far as power, the Coyotes advantage at the strip comes down to the SRA, lighter weight and such. The LS line of engines have always been superior to what ford has came out with... and even tho they have stepped up the game very impressively to actually have a contender against the GM's LS engines, I think they do fall short in comparison to anything LS. Those Coyotes sure do sound great tho! Love the competition and rivalry going on these days... I HOPE it never ends!!! But all good things must come to an end... sadly... hope its quite a ways in the future!
red70tvhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #16
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by red70tvhs View Post
The Camaro won hands down and will always win hands down against the coyote as far as power, the Coyotes advantage at the strip comes down to the SRA, lighter weight and such. The LS line of engines have always been superior to what ford has came out with... and even tho they have stepped up the game very impressively to actually have a contender against the GM's LS engines, I think they do fall short in comparison to anything LS. Those Coyotes sure do sound great tho! Love the competition and rivalry going on these days... I HOPE it never ends!!! But all good things must come to an end... sadly... hope its quite a ways in the future!
Lol pass that shit
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #17
red70tvhs
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sax1031 View Post
Lol pass that shit
by your statement Im taking it that you believe I am high or under the influence of somthing altering my judgement... if thats not the case I apologize for the following statement. Take your 2000 GT mustang and line it up with a equally moded or stock if you are stock LS1 F-body 2000 model or newer and see what happens? Be sure you include a equal driver with yourself. Prepare to have your feelings hurt because it wont be pretty. It will prove that your 4.6 SOHC will fall short. BTW I like the 2000-2004 mustang body style the best!

Last edited by red70tvhs; 07-07-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: forgot information, got excited :D
Old 07-07-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
Quote:
by your statement Im taking it that you believe I am high or under the influence of somthing altering my judgement... if thats not the case I apologize for the following statement. Take your 2000 GT mustang and line it up with a equally moded or stock if you are stock LS1 F-body 2000 model or newer and see what happens? Be sure you include a equal driver with yourself. Prepare to have your feelings hurt because it wont be pretty. It will prove that your 4.6 SOHC will fall short. BTW I like the 2000-2004 mustang body style the best!
Maybe so, but the Coyote walks all over the SS. Doesn't matter how--power, weight, etc. It does.

And no, it doesn't delight me but I respect it
Old 07-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #19
red70tvhs
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
Maybe so, but the Coyote walks all over the SS. Doesn't matter how--power, weight, etc. It does.

And no, it doesn't delight me but I respect it
I wouldnt say walks all over. edges it out yes, walks all over, no. The video was to compare how each engine responded to bolt ons from bbk, my entire point was to show that a LS engine has always made more power than fords chosen contender, even mod for mod. I respect the coyote, its the first mustang I ever considered buying, short fo a 03-04 cobra. Which I dont really consider the termis mustangs lol
Old 07-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #20
74z28

Drives: 1974 Z-28
What do you conseder the 03-04 Cobras?
74z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
red70tvhs
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74z28 View Post
What do you conseder the 03-04 Cobras?
Fixed by Mr. Shelby. lol

Last edited by red70tvhs; 07-07-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: added clarification.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
74z28

Pardon the spelling "consider" How is it not a Mustang in your books? Just wondering.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #23
red70tvhs
Red

Quote:
Pardon the spelling "consider" How is it not a Mustang in your books? Just wondering.
wasnt bashing your spelling, I live in the stix and have a bad habbit of spelling the way I talk with my "redneck" accent haha. I added on to my original post!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #24
74z28

The Cobras had no Shelby involvement. Actually the GT500 had no Shelby intervention other than the name. If you can find on read "Iron Fist Lead Foot" is about the building of the 03-04 Cobras. Very good read even though it no my favorite brand.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:30 PM   #25
red70tvhs
Red

Quote:
The Cobras had no Shelby involvement. Actually the GT500 had no Shelby intervention other than the name. If you can find on read "Iron Fist Lead Foot" is about the building of the 03-04 Cobras. Very good read even though it no my favorite brand.
Really?? I was always under the impression that Shelby had a hand in the SVT name. Ive never really read into them other than performance, none in the development. Il have to check that out. But my statement of "Fixed" still stands. haha. I do love the new coyotes, its what a mustang shoulda been years ago. But having dealt with the camaro and the mustang, the camaro TO ME is a better car, even if it is a tad bit slower in the quarter. It feels more solid, just better to me. and the fact it is LS powered is a big big big Bonus
Old 07-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #26
101fng

Drives: 2009 Mustang GT
Quote:
The 4.6 and 5.4 modulars aren't even in the same ballpark as the coyote. TiVCT is to ford's modulars what displacement is to GM's LSX. But with that said, a greater displacement engine WILL always respond better to improvements in the intake and exhaust sides than a smaller displacement engine. Until ford gets its shit together and gives us some more displacement, GMs will always dominate mod for mod (unless they put those big engines in heavy ass cars like the camaro). Weight and displacement are the great equalizers. GM has the displacement, but ford has the weight, and it makes for some great comparisons.
101fng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #27
red70tvhs
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101fng View Post
The 4.6 and 5.4 modulars aren't even in the same ballpark as the coyote. TiVCT is to ford's modulars what displacement is to GM's LSX. But with that said, a greater displacement engine WILL always respond better to improvements in the intake and exhaust sides than a smaller displacement engine. Until ford gets its shit together and gives us some more displacement, GMs will always dominate mod for mod (unless they put those big engines in heavy ass cars like the camaro). Weight and displacement are the great equalizers. GM has the displacement, but ford has the weight, and it makes for some great comparisons.
I agree with ya, I love the competition. Ford did a great job in sucking all the power they coulda outa the 302, coyote and roadrunner alike. If I had money to burn and nothing better to do, i'd have a coyote in a 2000-2004 body style mustang. The Camaro is a heavier car, just like the GTO's but the difference in ride quality is amazing. I love the feel and ride of gm's newer pony cars more than the new mustangs. but the new mustangs il admit do ride rather well compared to what I was expecting on the test drives I've had.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 AM   #28
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
Quote:
lol I know my GT is not near as fast as a LS1 f-bod.

that wasn't the point. even the GT today is a DOHC 4v motor. And whether you want to believe or not the 4v ford modular motors are pretty stout. I like the LS series of engines a lot. Great small blocks. Ford's modular architecture has already proven itself.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote