Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #29
debilouobxers

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
First convertible in W. PA.

Bought my 2SS Vert on Saturday. They just unloaded it off the truck and it was being at the right place at the right time and some good luck that we were there to snatch it up! A little cold in 25 degree weather for the test drive, but the sun was out so the roof was down! pix posted in my 'garage'.
debilouobxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:56 PM   #30
Justification

Drives: Red 2SS/RS Convertible
Congrats, the first official purchase in the garage!
You got a great choice, now I know what mine will look like if it ever gets here.
I'm more than just a little jealous.
Justification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #31
debilouobxers

My dealer is supposed to get 2 more in this week - black on black - a RS and a SS. I'm in Pittsburgh and no one else has any that I can find around here, in fact they were suprised when it came in. The only other person I know that has one is Aaron Rodgers - and he had to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers to get his!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #32
screamin eagle
screamin eagle

Drives: 2011 Camaro RJT SS/RS Conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by debilouobxers View Post
Bought my 2SS Vert on Saturday. They just unloaded it off the truck and it was being at the right place at the right time and some good luck that we were there to snatch it up! A little cold in 25 degree weather for the test drive, but the sun was out so the roof was down! pix posted in my 'garage'.
So let me get ths straight, after months of researching the vert, and months of waiting before I could order it, then months waiting for allocation, and still waiting for mine to be built, you just happen to walk in a dealership and buy a vert on the spot. Just happen to be delivered that day???????????????????
screamin eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #33
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. I'll wait to get the car I ordered, I guess I just don't want to settle for what just rolled in.
It is still a camaro but I'll wait
Old 02-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #34
screamin eagle
screamin eagle

Wish I would have thought of it.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:36 PM   #35
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
Quote:
I'm happy for you.

but .... I bet I still have a lower number VIN
Old 02-21-2011, 06:37 PM   #36
screamin eagle
screamin eagle

Quote:
My dealer is supposed to get 2 more in this week - black on black - a RS and a SS. I'm in Pittsburgh and no one else has any that I can find around here, in fact they were suprised when it came in. The only other person I know that has one is Aaron Rodgers - and he had to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers to get his!
What dealership? West Mifflin is only 20 minutes from me. I'll be over there checking out the other 2 cars when they come in.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #37
debilouobxers

C. Harper in Belle Vernon. Ask for Joseph. He's a true salesman!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #38
screamin eagle
screamin eagle

Quote:
C. Harper in Belle Vernon. Ask for Joseph. He's a true salesman!
Should have known it would be Harper, they are huge. I'll still wait for mine, (since we just got 4 more inches of snow) but I'll definately stop at Harpers this week to see those 2 verts. BTW, congrats and get us some more pictures to sooth the long wait.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #39
debilouobxers

We're going get get some detailing done on it. But we skipped the ground effects. Too many hills in Pittsburgh. We have a '93 Vette and a custom '06 Cobolt with special ground effects and we scrape bottom everywhere. No deals on these babies though - we own 5, now 6 chevys and could not even get a $1000 loyalty discount!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 PM   #40
screamin eagle
screamin eagle

Yeah, Chevy's not giving anything up. My dealer doesn't charge anymore than msrp, and He allowed me to use my supplier discount Which I hear that a lot of dealers don't do
Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 PM   #41
debilouobxers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile. I'll wait to get the car I ordered, I guess I just don't want to settle for what just rolled in.
It is still a camaro but I'll wait
Just what I thought, no way was I going to spend a ton of cash and not get exactly what I want. I had my list in hand - every option and biggest engine I could get. I wanted jewel red - but when I arrived on the lot (planning on placing an order and waiting for months) there it was, a victory red loaded, every option I wanted. And it looked so much better in person than what you see on the internet that I really liked the brighter red. What it does not have in detailing - they're adding it on next week. I was definitely a lucky blind squirrel. Now if things happen in 3's, I hope it quits snowing here, and I hit the lottery.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:32 PM   #42
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
I know what you are saying about the victory red! My coupe is VR and I love it, I just didn't want two camaros of the same color. Enjoy the ride, you can't believe how much fun this car can be! Oh, go over to the suggestion section and post up if you would like to have a vert section so we can share the follow on ! Us vert lovers would like a place of out own !