Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #85
kjd15
Finally!!

Drives: '10 2LT Summit white, '68 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
Then buy a 4 year warrenty for $1500 as the 1st 3 years don't count when GM is still on and the powertrain is now 5 year. Why buy another coverage that only kicks in at 36 or 60 months and pay for it in advance when you may not even have the car.

Did you read the really really small print on the back? Before you signed? It takes about an hour.
I plan on keeping the car for at least 7 years.
kjd15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #86
Spiv
Why you gotta be hatin'?

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
I would contact a lawyer and have them review it. Beyond making sure you get some good advice, it'll cover your ass as well.

But as said above, in Canada we're more protected. If my dealer came to me and said hey you owe us this, and even if I DID owe them more, because it was their error when the contract was signed, it's their loss.
Spiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #87
Bryan2230

Drives: 2014 Red Hot Camaro 2SS/RS
This is something you should probably talk to a Lawyer about. It doesnt seem to me that they should be able to come after you for the $$$ now. It sounds to me like something their Finance Manager should get fired for.

Former owner of a 2010 Victory Red 2LT/RS
Delivered: September 11, 2009
Current owner of a 2014 Red Hot 2SS/RS
Delivered: October 24, 2013
Bryan2230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #88
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
That dealer is on the to be closed list......

Good Will is no longer on the table.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #89
c0rsa180

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
That dealer is on the to be closed list......

Good Will is no longer on the table.
That explains a lot! The dealer seems as if its trying to milk as much money from anyone possible before its dead and gone. Dont fall for their tricks

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #90
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan2230 View Post
This is something you should probably talk to a Lawyer about.

And write shorter posts, I'm exhausted!!
Old 12-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #91
gmwheels

Drives: 2010 2SS RS black with IOI
tell them to go pound sand, if you have a bill of sale they are out of luck.
gmwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #92
riverbadboy
riverbadboy

Drives: 1SS Silver with Black rally Stripes
Send a message via AIM to riverbadboy
get with the controller for the dealership. they are usally the most senior secretary who is trusted by the owners. once the contract is signed it's binding. if the contract says the price you agreed on then game over. you should tell them to eat it. hope that helps
riverbadboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #93
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
need legal help?

Okay, every state has different laws. A contract determines your rights and your liablities so long as the contract does not violate public policy in your state, i.e. its provisions are legal. I would isay you need to review the contract and see where you stand. I am a contract lawyer, and would say you need to to sit down with a lawyer, not me of course, and let him or her charge you one hour of time to review the thing and advise you accordingly. You may be entirely right and it may be worth the money. If you are right and they blemish your credit rating by marking it unpaid, you can really turn them around with the right attorney. They have to be careful too, they may have exposure for violating federal and state laws as well. It really needs to be looked at closely!
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 AM   #94
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
Figured I'd update on what happened.

After doing a bit of thinking, and a lot of talking to people. I went in and confronted the dealer about this issue and all of the problems to date. They also better clarified what had occured and where the error came from.

If they are being honest, the error came from them accidentally giving me the GM loyalty credit twice in addition to counting my 2500.00 deposit twice. Because of the messy way the guy wrote the stuff down and then wrote down the loyalty and deposit again on the side to "clarify" what was happening because there was no room in the other side.. he confused himself and counted it twice when he wrote the side note.

The guy in question has since been "let go". Apparently this wasn't the only screw up on his behalf. They acknowledged and appologized for the slip up in the beginning about my car ending up on craigslist before I Took delivery... and said that an over zealous employee thought he could make some quick money off of a new Camaro that he heard was rumored to be available for sale. and at the time there were 3 people who were permitted to innitiate internet sales. they have since had a meeting because of that exact incident... in which in was decided that all internet sales would have to pass through the sales manager (who I met with today).

The reason they say it took 3 months for them to contact me, was because they had some system changeovers and until the system changeovers were "completed" no reported errors were being addressed because they wanted to change over first and verify everything afterwards. I don't have the slightest idea what that means but that's their excuse for that.

They were NOT willing to budge on the 3507.00 they felt was owed... and did briefly threaten to pursue any means to get it including going to court.

At the end of this fairly uncomfortable meeting and all the arguing..

Personally I kind of understood where they were coming from.. If I was credited twice.... that is kind of stupid. And it was clear there was error in the calculations on the paper. I'm not eager to be ripped off... but on the same note I'm not looking to scam anyone unfairly.

We agreed that the amount I was refunded, I shouldn't have been.. I gave that back, and they agreed to remove the extended warranty and refund the total cost of that which was just shy of 1500, which dropped the balance oweing to 500.00 even.

I brought to light the other things I was unhappy with in dealing with them to date... Such as (as two of you have seen to date) the swirls that came on my car... Which innitially were brushed off as "oh it probably happened at the factory you can't prove it was us" which was.... the comment of a sales person who refused to do anything about it.

To remedy this, he was willing to take my car in and have it polished/cleaned up to my liking...Which he agreed should have been done to begin with. They also offered to give me some additional service.. at this point it's unclear what, as.... he offered to put on my GFX for free but retracted that after realizing it's included in the purchase... so maybe i'll get them to throw on my exhaust/hood or something. But I guess that is how things are going. I paid the 500.

Not happy about the situation whatsoever.. But we'll see how things go.

Overall I think they've done a poor job of resolving things.. After all the crap they put me through, trying to threaten me with legal action? ... .But atleast it's over with.. And I probably gave in too easily.. But I've got enough stress and I've been dealing with lawyers for 4.5 years already and just recently got through with that.... Wasn't eager to get into it again...

Polish , some free service... and refunded the extended warranty. I don't know if I got the short end. But like I've stated previously... I wasn't really wanting to rip anyone off.. I just didn't want to be ripped off myself and I feel they've been jerking me around quite a bit already.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #95
BOOTZILLA
Banned

Drives: Black 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Well I guess aside from some curb rash this would be my worst Camaro experience so far.

Now I am expecting my ground effects any day as they are being painted through my dealership.

Get a message from home that the dealership called. While I was in the dentist. (Don't care for being at the dentist) so I was relieved under the assumption that my ground effects were ready and it was time to make an appointment to put them on.

INSTEAD....

I was told that despite having dealt with all expenses and paying the full amount upfront to cover my car insurance etc and everything...

Nearly 3 months later.... They call me to tell me that their business manager who did all the math/paper work with me... Somehow made a calculation error and collected the wrong amount from me for my Car.

Ok..... ? And how much is this ?

"Well, it is a substantial amount actually, and you owe us a little over $3,500 and it would be great if you could come in tomorrow and pay that to us."

GREAAAAttt...

So I owe even more money, and am going to be left with 3,500 dollars less than what I thought I had in the bank and have been managing my spending and living expenses in accordane with what I had remaining... So this throws off everything by 3.5 grand. Which isn't tiny... How do you overlook that for 2 and a half months?

My question.

I don't mean to sound dishonest, and quite frankly I don't think I am since we agree'd on the numbers, everything was signed and paid in full and I got no discount off my purchase since they refused to negotiate. I paid sticker + all the other stuff. Both parties signed off on everything that was done. To my knoweldge that seals the deal.

How liable am I for this claimed amount almost 3 months later?

Everything was signed and dealt with the amount was agree'd on and signed... is that not a done deal?? can they really just out of the blue 3 months later say , hey actually we were supposed to charge you this amount.? Pay up now thanks.

I just got home so I haven't had time to do the math and see where this number is coming from or how they managed that "mistake".
Nor do I think that the inconvenience they are causing me if I do agree to pay up should go without any compensation.

Anyways... as per the title of this post... Not impressed with this call.

FML.
If they REALLY screwed up on the numbers, then let some poor sucker there lose his own job.

I got a lift put on my truck with a new set of rims and tires a couple years ago. I was quoted a price, and I agreed to it. Later I get a call saying "Sorry, Mr Collins, but it looks like our guy quoted your a price that was $750 less than the actual amount. But we will honor the price you were quoted."

Don't give them any money.
BOOTZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #96
BOOTZILLA
Banned

Drives: Black 2010 SS/RS
Ahhhhhhhhhhh Mayhem... you let your conscience get the best of you.
BOOTZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 12:54 PM   #97
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Thumbs up

In the end it sounds like the dealer has a fair number of idiots working there.

And in the end it sounds like you did the right thing. You know, its all about karma and for the $500 your conscious won't haunt you...

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #98
Scott Jones

Drives: Black 2010 1LT
Back in 2002 I bought my last Camaro on a Friday night. Monday morning the dealership called and told me the salesman had given me the wrong interest rate on the loan. They said I needed to come back in and sign new papers for the new, higher interest rate, which would raise my monthly payment $50. I told them no, I signed documents buying the car at a certain interest rate and monthly payment. The woman on the phone said "Oh. I'll call back after I talk to my manager." 20 minutes later she called back saying nevermind. How dumb did they think I was?