Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-08-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
**2014 Camaro 2LS Problem**

Hey guys I just bought a 2014 Camaro 2LS and I am having some issues when I put the car in reverse. For some reason the car is making a poping noise which is really hard to describe its like pressure is being released somewhere in the rear of the car. This only happens when the car has been driven a little bit. I have already taken the Camaro to the dealership where I bought it and they had it over a week. The first time they tried to fix the problem they changed the Fuel pump sending unit and gave the car back to me but immediately after backing up it made the sound again. So they took the car back for a couple of days and this time said that it was the coil spring in the front that was not propely placed at time of manufacturing. I now have the car for the first time in about seven days and just tried to back into a space at my house and of course the car made the noise again. Does anyone else have this issue. The dealership gave my Camaro to a master tech who said that he looked this car over from top to bottom for a entire day and everything was in spec. I really do not know what to do now. I know that it is not normal for a brand new car that only has 600 miles on it to make this kind of sound. Please help me!!

Last edited by smokingcamaro; 08-08-2014 at 06:01 PM.
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #2
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Try making a video?. My car also does this only when put into reverse. But it's a one time sound it doesn't continue and the dealer just told me that's normal
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:52 PM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
Hey guys I just bought a 2014 Camaro 2LS and I am having some issues when I put the car in reverse. For some reason the car is making a poping noise which is really hard to describe its like pressure is being released somewhere in the rear of the car. This only happens when the car has been driven a little bit. I have already taken the Camaro to the dealership where I bought it and they had it over a week. The first time they tried to fix the problem they changed the Fuel pump sending unit and gave the car back to me but immediately after backing up it made the sound again. So they took the car back for a couple of days and this time said that it was the coil spring in the front that was not propely placed at time of manufacturing. I now have the car for the first time in about seven days and just tried to back into a space at my house and of course the car made the noise again. Does anyone else have this issue. The dealership gave my Camaro to a master tech who said that he looked this car over from top to bottom for a entire day and everything was in spec. I really do not know what to do now. I know that it is not normal for a brand new car that only has 600 miles on it to make this kind of sound. Please help me!!
smokingcamaro,

Apologies to hear about your new Camaro concerns. I can understand your displeasure. Have you considered contacting a second dealership? If so, I'd be happy to communicate your sentiments with the Customer Experience Managers (CEM) at the GM dealer of your choice. Please know that you're welcome to message us privately if you'd like to proceed (with the above), or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
If the sound is so normal and these guys are suppose to be master techs ,then why can't they explain to you exactly what the source of this "normal" sound is?
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:31 PM   #5
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
If the sound is so normal and these guys are suppose to be master techs ,then why can't they explain to you exactly what the source of this "normal" sound is?
They just said it's the car switching gears. I've heard it in my other auto cars as well just not when their brand new car
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #6
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
18000 miles on my 2LS and the only strange noise is the seat belt buckel hitting the passenger door panel when nobody is there to wear it.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:58 AM   #7
smokingcamaro

Well the service manger did not think it was normal and that is why the car was there for a extra seven days. I really don't want to take it somewhere else but it looks like that is what I'm going to have to do. I still can not believe that they changed a $500 part just thinking that it was the problem . I think that it is somewhere in the drivetrain but of course they will not listen to me.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:01 AM   #8
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Sounds like the dealer made a few bucks off of GM so far though.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #9
smokingcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Sounds like the dealer made a few bucks off of GM so far though.
I'm thinking the same thing, I really do not understand why they would change the Fuel Pump Sending Unit in the first place. I mean fuel only runs one way but when I asked them to check out the drive train they immediately said no. The drivetrain is the only place where things shift when a car goes in reverse. If I am wrong please tell me.