Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 04-11-2011, 09:31 PM   #15
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2k4E View Post
Ya, I've got a berlinetta camaro too, thought about restoring it for a while, but decided it'd be cheaper to get a Z28 that still ran with a few minor problems off craigslist. I want to put the digital cluster in the Z28 tho because it looks cool and the one already in it only goes to 80mph.

Pretty sure that its a 84 model, someone also stole all the berlinetta emblems, and I know weathering didnt do it because it's still got the 2 camaro emblems on it.

Still got the wheels

I might sell it, but I really want the dash out of it. Also hear that the wheels are rare.
iv got those rims on my '82 that im using for parts!! i really like the design, i just wish they were bigger lol, theyre only 14s i dont want any ricey crap, but 16s or 17s look really good on the 3rd gens. and if u need emblems, go 2 moderndaymuscle.com , i got a few emblems from there. & that Berli is in worse shape than mine lol. it looks like less body damage, but more rust. and mine is VERY rusty lol. but dude, u should restore that thing! yea, the Z28 is awesome, but a berlinetta is MUCH less common. and the ones u see are usually like mine. beat-to-hell. but i still love it!! this is mine- sorry i dont have a pic of the interior that works on here lol
Attached Images

Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #16
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercamaro64 View Post
iv got those rims on my '82 that im using for parts!! i really like the design, i just wish they were bigger lol, theyre only 14s i dont want any ricey crap, but 16s or 17s look really good on the 3rd gens. and if u need emblems, go 2 moderndaymuscle.com , i got a few emblems from there. & that Berli is in worse shape than mine lol. it looks like less body damage, but more rust. and mine is VERY rusty lol. but dude, u should restore that thing! yea, the Z28 is awesome, but a berlinetta is MUCH less common. and the ones u see are usually like mine. beat-to-hell. but i still love it!! this is mine- sorry i dont have a pic of the interior that works on here lol
I would restore it, and even seriously thought about it; but we've got another 82 camaro we want to make into a saturday night drag car and a 56 ford pickup that also needs to be restored. Plus that berlinetta has had parts of the interior and engine bay used as a home for rats...

Btw, do you know anywhere where I can get a keyfob remote for my 86 Z28? My dad was looking through the RPO sticker in the console and it had the package that came with electric locks with keyless entry.

Last edited by B2k4E; 04-11-2011 at 09:58 PM.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #17
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

if its already got all the wiring, u cud probly get a shop to get it for you without much trouble. but since it is pretty old, idk for sure. u cud always try the dealer than sold it originally if u know where tht is.

oh, and youve got an 86? so youve got the High Mount Stop Light on the rear window? do u kno how to get it to work?? mine doesnt have the plastic cover over the rear-window motor, but idk how to get it to work. any ideas??

Last edited by Supercamaro64; 04-12-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 PM   #18
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
if its already got all the wiring, u cud probly get a shop to get it for you without much trouble. but since it is pretty old, idk for sure. u cud always try the dealer than sold it originally if u know where tht is.

oh, and youve got an 86? so youve got the High Mount Stop Light on the rear window? do u kno how to get it to work?? mine doesnt have the plastic cover over the rear-window motor, but idk how to get it to work. any ideas??
Sadly no, somebody appearently broke out the original rear hatchback, so they just replaced the whole thing. It'd be cool to have that brake light. Right now I'm focusing on getting the thing mechanically stable, I cant gas it too hard or go over about 55mph cause the rear pinion seal is goin out. My dad and I are going to replace the seal and refill the rear end grease up tomorrow. He wants to open it up tho and check to see if there isnt really any damage to the rear gears. At first we thought that the pinion bearing was going out, but I turned the rear wheels (In neutral with the engine off) and he said he didnt really think it was that cause there wasnt any slack in the driveshaft. Hopefully it's just the pinion seal. Prolly is cause when we came home after a 2 hour drive with it on the trailer it leaked about a 13"x3" puddle of grease right about where the rear end was.

I dont know where or who he got it (the berlinetta) from. He said it was running when he parked it several years ago. Has a olds or pontiac 305 in it, but it had a blown valve. It also doesnt have a title, so it would kinda suck trying to trace it back to the last person who had the title and get them to get another title.

Last edited by B2k4E; 04-12-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #19
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Quote:
Sadly no, somebody appearently broke out the original rear hatchback, so they just replaced the whole thing. It'd be cool to have that brake light. Right now I'm focusing on getting the thing mechanically stable, I cant gas it too hard or go over about 55mph cause the rear pinion seal is goin out. My dad and I are going to replace the seal and refill the rear end grease up tomorrow. He wants to open it up tho and check to see if there isnt really any damage to the rear gears. At first we thought that the pinion bearing was going out, but I turned the rear wheels (In neutral with the engine off) and he said he didnt really think it was that cause there wasnt any slack in the driveshaft. Hopefully it's just the pinion seal. Prolly is cause when we came home after a 2 hour drive with it on the trailer it leaked about a 13"x3" puddle of grease right about where the rear end was.

I dont know where or who he got it (the berlinetta) from. He said it was running when he parked it several years ago. Has a olds or pontiac 305 in it, but it had a blown valve. It also doesnt have a title, so it would kinda suck trying to trace it back to the last person who had the title and get them to get another title.
yea, some ppl say they dont like the high mount stop light on the glass, but i think its kinda cool. makes my car more unique! lol i just gotta get it working now
Old 04-16-2011, 11:53 AM   #20
jamie

Drives: 2011 cyber gray 1LT
I had an 84 Berlinetta with the "Star wars" dash and Radio. Parts are extremely hard to find. Good luck and keep us all posted. That car is near and dear to my heart as it was the first car I owned. I stuffed a corvette 327 in mine. So much torque I snapped the T-tops out of it at Milan dragway here in MI. Look forward to seeing your pics once the restoration begins
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
yea, some ppl say they dont like the high mount stop light on the glass, but i think its kinda cool. makes my car more unique! lol i just gotta get it working now
Speaking of which, I went to see my dad at his workplace today then out of the intersection while I was talking to him came a clean white (not sure what year) berlinetta. Had the center high stop light too, since it had that it's probably an early 86 model.

Ya, it does look cool, but I gotta get my radio wired right so I can listen to some 80's tunes goin down main st. with the T tops off.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:34 AM   #22
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Quote:
Speaking of which, I went to see my dad at his workplace today then out of the intersection while I was talking to him came a clean white (not sure what year) berlinetta. Had the center high stop light too, since it had that it's probably an early 86 model.

Ya, it does look cool, but I gotta get my radio wired right so I can listen to some 80's tunes goin down main st. with the T tops off.
wow thats frickin awesome! ive never seen another camaro exactly like mine. my friends dad said he used to have an 86 berli, but it was black, and thats as close as i ever got lol. thats pretty rare!! and its what i have!! haha yeah my favorite thing to do is roll down main st with the windows down, music up, and aviators on. and none of this rap or hip-hop junk, rock all the way!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 01:04 PM   #23
Lydon

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
I, too, had a Berlinetta - 1982 - not like yours and def did not have all the cool stuff you guys are describing. . . but anyway - have tried Trade Shows (I think that's what they call them) where people have all kinds of extra parts they are trying to get rid of. With the Camaro re-birth, there has got to be lots of interest in retoring old ones. Good luck in your search.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #24
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
wow thats frickin awesome! ive never seen another camaro exactly like mine. my friends dad said he used to have an 86 berli, but it was black, and thats as close as i ever got lol. thats pretty rare!! and its what i have!! haha yeah my favorite thing to do is roll down main st with the windows down, music up, and aviators on. and none of this rap or hip-hop junk, rock all the way!!!
Yea, I think I'm gonna record the V-Rock radio station off the game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. I like the 80's rock, but to be funny sometimes I roll around playing that 80's electro and dance music.

I want to somehow get a factory radio and wire a line in to it, then pull it under the gear shifter, then drill a small hole in the center console to put the MP3 player that has my 80's music.

I wish I could wear some aviators. I wear prescription glasses, and contacts, well, I hate trying to put anything in my eyes. lol Might be worth it tho to have the T-tops off, radio on, windows down, and aviators on.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #25
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Quote:
Yea, I think I'm gonna record the V-Rock radio station off the game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories. I like the 80's rock, but to be funny sometimes I roll around playing that 80's electro and dance music.

I want to somehow get a factory radio and wire a line in to it, then pull it under the gear shifter, then drill a small hole in the center console to put the MP3 player that has my 80's music.

I wish I could wear some aviators. I wear prescription glasses, and contacts, well, I hate trying to put anything in my eyes. lol Might be worth it tho to have the T-tops off, radio on, windows down, and aviators on.
haha yeah sometimes i like to blast some weird dance music, cuz i got a killer sound system in my camaro, so it sounds pretty awesome with the bass turned up!! yea iv got a new stereo system that i had to cut a custom hole & brackets for, but it looks like it belongs there lol

oh, and P.S. you can get custom made aviators that have your glasses prescription. my friend did this, and never regretted it!! haha rock on brotha!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #26
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Quote:
haha yeah sometimes i like to blast some weird dance music, cuz i got a killer sound system in my camaro, so it sounds pretty awesome with the bass turned up!! yea iv got a new stereo system that i had to cut a custom hole & brackets for, but it looks like it belongs there lol

oh, and P.S. you can get custom made aviators that have your glasses prescription. my friend did this, and never regretted it!! haha rock on brotha!
I wanted to do that, but it does kinda cost a little. My friend says I should just get contacts so I can say screw glasses altogether.

Got my radio hooked up but now I need a drivers side replacement speaker, it rattles. At least I already have a kicker and audiobox, so I guess I'm still ahead a little bit.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #27
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Quote:
I wanted to do that, but it does kinda cost a little. My friend says I should just get contacts so I can say screw glasses altogether.

Got my radio hooked up but now I need a drivers side replacement speaker, it rattles. At least I already have a kicker and audiobox, so I guess I'm still ahead a little bit.
the sound system was the first thing i re did on my car. at the time it was the only thing i really knew how to do on a car other than change the oil lol. it was trash. got all new Sony Xplode front & rear kickers, & double 8" subs in a custom box i made myself for the "trunk" area. all connected to a deck that i got for free from my friend, that he bought for $400. which is a lot to me. when i wanna make ppl deaf, i open the rear hatch and tell them to stick their head down inside lol iv got a lot of colors goin on in my car at night. the audio deck is a bright blue, the amp for the subs has a red light on it, and the Berlis "star wars" dash is green lol.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #28
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Fixed the sound, got some pioneer 200W 3 ways in there. Oh and almost forgot, look what I finally got around to removing out of the berli...

Wiring still looks good too. I have no idea if it actually works tho. My father said that everything was still working when he parked it.