Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-03-2016, 08:42 PM   #43
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
I agree that the 1st mod should be exhaust, especially removing stock cats or replacing em with HFC. Still, if youre staying boltons, CAI is a good mod.

Maybe just the stock box with air scoop and green filter is the 'best & cheap' way to go. I might try that for fun.

I dont believe and will never believe CAI are good for 15hp+ hp, less than 9hp IMO, which you wont feel. In fact, every mods hp claim are overrated, unless you go to a generous dyno, which seems to be all over the web. Its the sum of all mods together that makes a difference.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:20 AM   #44
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
So which CAI does everybody recommend?
I have a Roto-fab that I love. However, CAI (Cold Air Inductions) make a very good intake as well. Both according to manufacturer dyno sheets have similar performance advantages. The real factor is if you like the open box or closed box design.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:49 AM   #45
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Yeah, plus 10 times the price.
Like I said more efficient you will notice a difference in horsepower and torque. Gotta pay to play.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:01 AM   #46
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Here lets add some useful information to this post:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...cky+air+intake

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?hl=en#gid=0

For those of you who do want information there is something that's been around forever the official air intake thread....somewhere.... LOL AS OUR ENGINES ARE A AIR PUMP..... Sure headers first would be nice but then when you improve the flow coming in it helps the flow going out as well when you do go to headers.

I spent on sale $712 for stainless power with HFC from Maryland speed. Add to that the cost of a tune and that it also voids your warranty and if your like me its a dyno tune... Have a extra $550 for tuning? add that and install it yourself .... so 1300$ versus 4-500 at most with the CAI scoop and washer bottle relocate versus other brands that are cheaper or around its price for the base unit...you can go Plastic or you can go ceramic coated insulated or how about metal chromed heat soaker..... The choice is up to you and it does not void the warranty. Sure its not going to be the end to modding but it is a good start. And it is where most people start on here with its high visual appeal under the hood and a basis for a start to modify. A easy install to start off amateurs is nice and hurts no one.

The real issue here is what? Getting information to intake buyers who want to make a informed decision annoying you from their posts, and you have this douche kid video...
Sorry but some of us look at them as KIDs....

And the most sensible mods someone should do first in importance are : as needed for maintenance of the vehicle.... #1 separate clutch reservoir mod for the ls3. #2 oil catch can #3 also for the LS3 a billet bearing support from monster clutch is nice to have before it fails.... its a time bomb being plastic on the slave.....I guess they figured the plastic one would live the life of one clutch and be replaced every clutch and not someday turn to crap.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328837

Here is most likely his solution: fits on the stock slave and the Lt1s twin disc clutch fits a stock ss slave... http://monsterclutches.com/gn-5-zl1/...earing-support

SO theres a few things to consider for people too..... IMO all are more important than any performance modification, one allows a person to have cleaner brake fluid and changeable clutch fluid, one keeps the intake tract clean, and one avoids a issue that would be a mega bummer to not have done if its yours that fails.....

Here is another good mod the rear tail shaft bearing mod for the tr6060.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390234

SO there you see I just made this a more informative post and more interesting as this is the internet and People come here to talk and sometimes to learn.

As not all things should be based on one source of information and particularly some Aussie sounding douche program, CAIs are a proven technology over and over, and while the gains may not be the greatest for all intakes they are not all made equal and putting up a "turbo" trial on a 2.5 liter skyline Toyota with a velocity tube about 4" long well that's like trying to compare things just to back a very flawed assumption that, " this one internet show is the end all for busting the CAI......", I call it stupid at best, and many, many would laugh at these jokers.....and I do.... LOL You have to have a need for higher air flow for one...... And while they make some interesting videos for them, they only prove my point. And you know what ASSUMPTIONS are like to assume something makes a ......... So if new people want to post about this or that doing with a cold air intake I hope they read my helpful information and not your CAI bashing. As the truth is most people are slugging the car around for economy and are not going to really feel crap from 15 h.p., and sounding more like a hot rod is nice, its simple to have the CAI installed first already because once you jump in the shark tank.... The tune voids the warranty, they can say the headers even untuned voided the warranty.... And for the best tune a dyno and the cost........ Or you could just do the cart before the horse and wonder..... gee wonder what my AFR would have been custom mapped too if I had a CAI on it first, and wonder why I want to tune it again for big bucks because I went headers first? That could be a very real scenario, as yes us guys do love a dyno chart for the $500, and yes CAIs do work and have for eons....... If you need more air.

Last edited by christianchevell; 01-04-2016 at 09:48 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #47
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
Like I said more efficient you will notice a difference in horsepower and torque. Gotta pay to play.
Not everyone has the same performance goal like yours in mind. Also, I highly doubt that any newbie is going to drop $4,000-$7,000 on Superchargers or Turbochargers for their first mod, just to please you. I see that these threads annoy you. I'm sure members here don't make it a priority not to annoy you! Just saying! Lol.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #48
Trob85
Svt lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Not everyone has the same performance goal like yours in mind. Also, I highly doubt that any newbie is going to drop $4,000-$7,000 on Superchargers or Turbochargers for their first mod, just to please you. I see that these threads annoy you. I'm sure members here don't make it a priority not to annoy you! Just saying! Lol.
Doesn't annoy me, I do what I want I could care less what anyone does to their car. I just like reading these because it gives me a good laugh not to mention it gets the hornets nest in a uproar, that's why I post in cold air intake threads and v6 vs v8 threads.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:53 PM   #49
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
This is what happens when you go full retard.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:30 PM   #50
Trob85
Svt lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Trying to sell something?
Old 01-04-2016, 03:41 PM   #51
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trob85 View Post
Trying to sell something?
Not at all. Just reading a bunch of posts full of assumptions and opinions that are not based in any way on science, engineering, or third party testing. This thread is the automotive forum equivalent of The Alex Jones Radio Show.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #52
Trob85
Svt lol

Old 01-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #53
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Z/28 cai for the win Alex.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:07 PM   #54
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Z/28 cai for the win Alex.
seriously, is there any other kind? I think not!!

Name:  tn_03122015 002.JPG
Views: 365
Size:  197.8 KB

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:09 PM   #55
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post

Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 06:14 PM   #56
Electric

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
1 question that was not yet asked:

Which long tube headers can I BUY, get SHIPPED, INSTALL, and TUNE for under $500??????
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote