Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Add a LFX Sub Forum or Keep The Combined LLT/LFX Forum?
Yes, They should add a LFX sub forum 668 95.43%
No, They should keep the LLT/LFX combined in one forum 32 4.57%
Voters: 700. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #225
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
If you had a crappy warranty and or dealer

shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:26 AM   #226
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Yes you need to have a good dealer

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2016, 10:27 AM   #227
shags

It's all a risk

Old 04-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #228
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Easily bypassed as those mods can increase the power output any power output can put additional stress on the unit and can cause failure that is how they can avoid it

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 04-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #229
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith0409 View Post
BE CAREFUL! I have a 2012 V6 1ls, which had clutch work done prior to purchasing at 32k miles. I exchanged stock exhaust from cats back to a Borla, and added a cai, then needed 4th gear synchro work, which was covered under warranty. Since then I have added dumps, floor leds, headlamp led, wheel leds, and hid headlight conversion, yet again had the camaro transmission problem but now with 3rd gear, AND GM WILL NOT COVER "Due to Cai, leds, hids, and DUMPS". If you care to keep your warranty avoid adding all this monstrous horsepower by these modifications listed above as GM will void your warranty. In all actuality if you want a warranty, AVOID GM.
Where are you located.....Blue SPrings, MO? If so...contact me.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:31 AM   #230
shags

In his case maybe since he's been in alot his dealer might think it's abuse .. ?

Old 04-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #231
derek1387

You know those LED's....they will get you every time.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Old 04-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #232
derek1387

Sanjay....did you change your tire pressure?

You might be out of warranty now. Sorry dude.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 04-28-2016, 02:14 PM   #233
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
This is always an interesting topic. I took my camaro into the dealer I purchased it from to get updated software. They asked if I had a light on; nope. Then why get updated. I said because I'm paying you to update. They said it would void warranty. I asked why a gm software update would void warranty. They told me because I want it and it's not needed. Then upon further conversation the tech behind the service guy said since I had aftermarket intake that voids my warranty as well. I should have left but I told them to do update. Then I printed up M-M warranty act and brought it back to service manager. He said he's never heard of it but he'd talk to the warranty dept. Within an hour after service complete they told me that the update and intake does not void the warranty. I have not nor will I ever go back to that dealer for service, car or any of my future needs. These dealers just try to play stupid and bully customers. If we only had some kind of way to share info between one another. Maybe connect computers and talk about issues. Hopefully in the future. Ha
Stay away from classic Chevrolet in mentor Ohio. Anyone that knows of a descent dealership in northeast Ohio, please share info.
This is one reason I just said F it on mods because they're going to fight me on any warranty issue anyway so I'm just doing what I want to my camaro.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 06:56 PM   #234
msmith0409

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
The service supervisor that was on the phone for the GM rep lady to question, actually started out stating that the car was modified beyond warranty, and listed off 23 error codes ( which never popped up on my reader) and told her "it even has dumps". He then went on to advise her that " now this does not need to be relayed to the customer" in which she stated " sir as i told you at the beginning of the phone call, he is on the phone with us". At that point to the tech got awfully quiet. After the phone call had ended he proceeded to call me back personally and " i apologize man, i just have to inform them of all of the increased performance mods... my tech called the rep and this is the info that was relayed to him as to why the warranty is void". So all in all, they are blaming a powertrain warranty void on a custom car, due to mods that are mostly electrical and cosmetics. Which no code has been thrown(other than the running lean on bank two) due to the cai, and exhaust. which i corrected by remapping the fuel (by running 2 full tanks of gasoline, because the research i found on here stated that pulling fuse..13{i think} does not need to be done on a 2012 lfx).
msmith0409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:45 AM   #235
Hersh2012

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro LFX
My 2012 Camaro LFX MODS

Hey guy,

New to the forum and would like to share some of my mods ive done to my car. You guys should check out my YouTube channel. Ill be posting a lot more content of my future mod's.

If you dont want to check it out heres a list of things ive already done to the car.

1: BMR Lowering Springs
2: AIRAID Intake
3: "Ported" Throttle body (Did it my self)
4: Secondary Cat delete
5: BBK Performance X-PIPE & Mid Pipe
6: MRT V1 Axle backs
Hersh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:59 PM   #236
msmith0409

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
Find a Good Dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
Where are you located.....Blue SPrings, MO? If so...contact me.
Just wanted to update the scenario with the voided warranty. It is up to the dealership if they want to acknowledge a warranty or not. If you have issues, you need to find a dealership that will work with you. I recommend talking to Blaine at Cable Dahmer Chevrolet if you are in the KCMO area. He took good care and explained every detail to me, and acknowledged my warranty when other Molle would not.
msmith0409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #237
Ryan.Bowman

Drives: 2013 Camaro Limited Edition RS
Hey guys. First of all. Im new here and new to forums in general but I am looking for some help. Im wanting to mod my 2013 limited edition rally yellow camaro RS but Im not sure where to start. I know a CAI and exhaust is obvious, but what direction do I go in to get the best performance and sound? what kind of numbers could I expect and should I go with a tune after? How much would all that cost and what could I go with. I don't know of any performance shops around me to test and tune. I guess Im just a little dumbfounded at the moment. Any advice would be appreciated.
Ryan.Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #238
derek1387

Take a look at the rest of the forum. It goes over everything to look at doing.
Intake, throttle body, catch can, JacFab parts. Tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio