Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #169
now

Drives: silverado ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
I live in Sioux Falls and have been looking at different exhaust set ups for my car. I should get it end of the month or early june. I have the Magna Charger 2300 on order and planned to have it installed in Jul/Aug. Would this set up work well with the F/I? I would also need an install because I don't really care to do it myself.
F/I and high compression cars seem to love our diverters from what i've seen. We have done alot of supercharged projects and the breathability out the back end compliments what you push into it with the 2300. I'm sure we could work out some details on the install if you want to go this way. Like I've posted before we don't normally install but im sure we can make some arrangements to get it done at a minimal cost due to the simplicity.

So let me get this straight;

1. a 2300 Magna Charger with a bypass for normality and "as needed" insane levels of power...
2. diverters with bypass for stealth quiet or dead waking noise and performance gain...
3. Black on Black - doesn't get much more evil than this color setup...

This seems to be a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde story in the making.

:seesaw:
Old 05-21-2009, 01:44 PM   #170
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Absolutely - I will be getting ahold of you when I get my car in!!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:42 PM   #171
Dentyneice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
Will the diverters work with aftermarket Long tube headers?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #172
now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentyneice View Post
Will the diverters work with aftermarket Long tube headers?
If the factory location of the output pipe of the second catalytic converter remains unchanged then yes. It will work without modification.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:05 PM   #173
Yellow2010

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS 2010
Has the diverter caused any problems with the cars computer? The camaro that y'all installed, has he mentioned any problems with the car or computer? I understand the motor likes back pressure and with the diverter 100% open, does it or will it cause issues. One more question did you ever find info about the diverters possibly voiding the cars warranty?

Last edited by Yellow2010; 05-22-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #174
Dentyneice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by noweeds.net View Post
If the factory location of the output pipe of the second catalytic converter remains unchanged then yes. It will work without modification.
Anyone happen to know of some compatible LT 1 7/8" headers?
Old 05-23-2009, 12:02 AM   #175
thebiz198

Drives: car
wired into the power seat controller? I dont have power seats "LS". what do you recommend? what kind of results for a V6? IE: power and sound.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #176
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow2010 View Post
Has the diverter caused any problems with the cars computer? The camaro that y'all installed, has he mentioned any problems with the car or computer? I understand the motor likes back pressure and with the diverter 100% open, does it or will it cause issues. One more question did you ever find info about the diverters possibly voiding the cars warranty?
+1 This is my main question too and could dictate whether I purchase or not. Will the computer complain and throw codes if the diverters are only open say 10% even? Would the computer sense something equivalent to an exhaust leak since the back pressure would likely change outside the acceptable levels? I am not interested in driving around with check engine light on all the time.

Also, When I get the car inspected, Of course I'll have the diverters 100% closed so the stock exhaust is used during the inspection. If they happened to see the diverters installed, how likely are they to flunk the car inspection because of the modification, even though the CATS were not touched??

Ready to order depending on the answers to these questions...
Old 05-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #177
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
+1 This is my main question too and could dictate whether I purchase or not. Will the computer complain and throw codes if the diverters are only open say 10% even? Would the computer sense something equivalent to an exhaust leak since the back pressure would likely change outside the acceptable levels? I am not interested in driving around with check engine light on all the time.

Also, When I get the car inspected, Of course I'll have the diverters 100% closed so the stock exhaust is used during the inspection. If they happened to see the diverters installed, how likely are they to flunk the car inspection because of the modification, even though the CATS were not touched??

Ready to order depending on the answers to these questions...

No. There's no sensor in the exhaust that measures back pressure. If there was, adding a cat-back, or even an axle-back would throw codes because they, too, reduce back pressure.

You may be getting these confused with long tube headers throwing codes. The only reason LT's can cause a code to be thrown (notice I said can, as in it's a possibility, not an absolute) is because they sometimes alter the placement of the O2 sensors, as well as EGT's, which can change readings outside of acceptable ranges. Since these cutouts don't alter the O2 placement or EGT's, and are behind the O2 sensors and catalytic convertors, they won't cause your check engine light to come on.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #178
Edrock

One more question about the electrical part of the installation. These actuators obviously need power to operate, so when you say you tied this unit into the power seat controller, what exactly was done and how? I mean are you guys talking about splicing eletrical wires or did you guys engineer a special power harness/plug that plugs in....where exactly? Or do you have to run a separate power wire to the battery like some amplifier installations? I'm really curious about this part of the installation. Everything else seems pretty sweet.

Last edited by Edrock; 05-23-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #179
now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
One more question about the electrical part of the installation. These actuators obviously need power to operate, so when you say you tied this unit into the power seat controller, what exactly was done and how? I mean are you guys talking about splicing eletrical wires or did you guys engineer a special power harness/plug that plugs in....where exactly? Or do you have to run a separate power wire to the battery like some amplifier installations? I'm really curious about this part of the installation. Everything else seems pretty sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiz198 View Post
wired into the power seat controller? I dont have power seats "LS". what do you recommend? what kind of results for a V6? IE: power and sound.
The controller actally takes 2 wires. One 12v power and one ground. What we did is actually tie into the seat wiring harness on the harness side of the connector- not the seat side. We tapped into a power wire that has 12V at all times and a ground wire. We spliced into the side of these 2 wires- (didn't uses a plug of any sort) soldered them and taped em up. Now as far as the LT goes.... until we see this car we won't know for sure, but i would like to think the harness is still there with the fuse pulled. This is just a guess. If this is the case- we could drop in a fuse and wire it up in exactly the same way which would be cool. If not we will just find power in the center council which would also be just as easy to do.

We have has several questions about the V6 sound and power gains, but we don't have any of that info, as we have yet to even see one or know 100% for sure that it will fit. If the "S" pipe is the same- which the cad files show they are, it will work. If someone has V6 exhaust pictures in the "S" pipe area that would be a great way to confirm the drawings.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #180
thebiz198

Drives: car
thanks for the info!!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:07 PM   #181
Edrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by noweeds.net View Post
The controller actally takes 2 wires. One 12v power and one ground. What we did is actually tie into the seat wiring harness on the harness side of the connector- not the seat side. We tapped into a power wire that has 12V at all times and a ground wire. We spliced into the side of these 2 wires- (didn't uses a plug of any sort) soldered them and taped em up. Now as far as the LT goes.... until we see this car we won't know for sure, but i would like to think the harness is still there with the fuse pulled. This is just a guess. If this is the case- we could drop in a fuse and wire it up in exactly the same way which would be cool. If not we will just find power in the center council which would also be just as easy to do.

We have has several questions about the V6 sound and power gains, but we don't have any of that info, as we have yet to even see one or know 100% for sure that it will fit. If the "S" pipe is the same- which the cad files show they are, it will work. If someone has V6 exhaust pictures in the "S" pipe area that would be a great way to confirm the drawings.

Thanks!
Good info and thanks for taking so much time to answer our questions.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #182
H3LLJumper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS VIN#11184
Really need to know the answer on the warranty. This is the last info needed before i make my choice on ordering or not.

Closed Thread

Tags
cutout, diverter, electric, exhaust, mufflers