Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-24-2023, 06:07 PM   #1
therigwelder

Drives: 2011 Camaro ls
Not liking what I've found to date

Well this is a continuation of the no click, no start,sort of.i couldn't get the car to crank so I tied a hand held remote switch going from bat+ to the purple wire on the starter solenoid and it cranked and then i realized the engine has no compression by the sound and ease of it turning over.i pulled a spark pplug and hooked my tester up and as I suspected no compression.i didn't test any other cylinders cause the engine sounded loose as a goose.the one spark plug I pulled was in good shape,no oil fouling,tan in color so I know that cylinder was firing good. I am thinking that when the PO revved it up to get unstuck from some soft ground the timing chain snapped.is there any way to be certain of a timing chain before I tear half the engine apart to get to the chain? I still have the original electrical no start issue as well.if the body and interior ,engine overall of this car were not in almost perfect condition I would have hauled it off to the scrap yard
Old 08-24-2023, 07:27 PM   #2
Pkeen

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs, 2008 Avalanche
Pull the valve covers and you will know when you turn it over !
2010 Rally Yellow 2ss/rs , M6 ,416ci , K1 rods & crank,weisco -3.0cc dome pistons,.040 head gasket, 11.5 compression,1 3/4" LT ,3" pipes w/x-pipe no cats, Cam Motion cam 239/247 113+3 .621"/604" lift , BTR .660 Platinum dual springs w/Titanium retainers, CAI . Stock ls3 heads,intake,injectors & TB. 515rwhp/500rwtq.
Pkeen is online now   Reply With Quote