Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #15
Soundwave

Drives: Camaro SS(2)/RS
Quote:
Not really a reasonable solution but thanks for playing...
That's what I did. Got a refurbed 16 GB nano for $100 on amazon! Worth the money IMO.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #16
TekkGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
Did you happen to try it connecting using Bluetooth and notice any problems if so?
I've paired it fine, havn't made a phone call yet... I'll do that as soon as I get out of work in 1 hour and post up my results. Shouldn't be a problem though...I would think.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #17
6liter

Drives: BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroc5 View Post
me too!!! The menus were all messed up and the cars menus would freeze.I even disconnected the phone and the car thought it was still there. I dd a hard reset and then it worked better But ever since the update i cant send pictures because there isn't a send mms or add picture anymore on the phone! The internet wont work either. I m redoing the upgrade now
FYI for iphone users:
I learned that my Jailbroken iphone doesnt work well with the new OS 4. ATT turns off messaging, internet over 3G and voice mail if you have a hacked phone. I had to erase everything and set it up from the beginning.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd - Mods: Kenne Bell 2.8, Kooks, Wortec Bi-Modal Exhaust & Big Brake Kit (12piston front), MTI Shifter, BC Racing Coilovers, CCW Thunderbolt, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Carbon Fiber and satin wrap. Thanks to Hartely Automotive for helping with this build.
6liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #18
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
There was a SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR OUR CARS. It is for a certain vin and on but when I called they said it fixes the menu problems when selecting play lists and such. The update didnt included my car :( but they said they can still fix it because then its a warranty issue
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #19
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6liter View Post
FYI for iphone users:
I learned that my Jailbroken iphone doesnt work well with the new OS 4. ATT turns off messaging, internet over 3G and voice mail if you have a hacked phone. I had to erase everything and set it up from the beginning.
All iPhone OS Updates (if JailBroken) will not work. It's always been that way. Those people have to wait until they come out with a new Jailbreak version.

Quote:
There was a SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR OUR CARS. It is for a certain vin and on but when I called they said it fixes the menu problems when selecting play lists and such. The update didnt included my car :( but they said they can still fix it because then its a warranty issue
I heard about this update, but when I checked my verison against the one mentioned in the thread (sorry I don't have the link)...it seemed like I already had the latest version, and I still have the occasional "blank playlist" appear. So the new software update doesn' fix that bug at least.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:49 PM   #20
TekkGuy

Quote:
Did you happen to try it connecting using Bluetooth and notice any problems if so?
I used the phone using Bluetooth on the way home, no problems.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #21
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Thanks for the input guys. We're working on it. Don't know yet if it's our software or something on Apple's side. I'll let you know when I have more info.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 AM   #22
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Thanks for the input guys. We're working on it. Don't know yet if it's our software or something on Apple's side. I'll let you know when I have more info.
Sweet! Thanks for looking into the problem!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #23
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
When connecting the iPhone to the car does everyone get that alert on the phone saying it's not compatible or something like that?
CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 AM   #24
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Can you guys do a soft reset on your iPhone and see if that helps? Apparently we are seeing mixed results with some phones working and others not, and maybe this will help. To do a soft reset, do the following, "To perform a soft reset, press and hold the iPhone’s Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for several seconds, or until you see the apple logo on the screen."

Let me know what if you have any luck.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:41 PM   #25
SoTHavok

Drives: 1
yea i noticed this many times how after a few songs the device disconnects on the radio screen saying u may now disconnect, i hate it anybody know if going by the dealer that they can fix it?
SoTHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #26
rockyz1980
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: SS/RS RallyYellow/BlackStripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Can you guys do a soft reset on your iPhone and see if that helps? Apparently we are seeing mixed results with some phones working and others not, and maybe this will help. To do a soft reset, do the following, "To perform a soft reset, press and hold the iPhone’s Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for several seconds, or until you see the apple logo on the screen."

Let me know what if you have any luck.
I'll try that. Been having the same error with mine as well. Hope it works.
rockyz1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #27
Gman8

Drives: 2012 SS/RS ashen grey metallic
Quote:

I upgraded my iPhone to OS4 and the bluetooth is having issues. There is constant breaks in the sound.
Gman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #28
TekkGuy

Quote:
When connecting the iPhone to the car does everyone get that alert on the phone saying it's not compatible or something like that?
We always got this message. The only difference now is instead of a "Yes/No" to press, there is a single "Dismiss" button. Here is the new screenshot.
Name:  IMG_0963.PNG
Views: 1078
Size:  55.8 KB

This is the error that I am getting now on the radio, I was quick enough to snap a picture before the message vanished. Note that this error I seem to be able to reproduce if you "skip" a few songs in a row. Having it happen when simply playing music is less frequent.
(And yes, I tried the "Soft Reset")
Name:  IMG_0966.JPG
Views: 1334
Size:  185.7 KB

P.S. I tried playing music on my Kenwood Stereo on my daily driver, no errors at all.

Last edited by TekkGuy; 06-23-2010 at 06:09 PM.
TekkGuy is offline   Reply With Quote