Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #29
rockyz1980
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: SS/RS RallyYellow/BlackStripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekkGuy View Post
We always got this message. The only difference now is instead of a "Yes/No" to press, there is a single "Dismiss" button. Here is the new screenshot.

This is the error that I am getting now on the radio, I was quick enough to snap a picture before the message vanished. Note that this error I seem to be able to reproduce if you "skip" a few songs in a row. Having it happen when simply playing music is less frequent.
(And yes, I tried the "Soft Reset")

P.S. I tried playing music on my Kenwood Stereo on my daily driver, no errors at all.
yeah I did the soft reset and still got the same error.
rockyz1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:19 PM   #30
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman8 View Post
I upgraded my iPhone to OS4 and the bluetooth is having issues. There is constant breaks in the sound.
+1 on that. Bluetooth streaming has now become very choppy for me. Upgraded mine last night to IOS 4 (non-jailbroken)
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:35 PM   #31
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
I think its more than reasonable. I have my old 3GS iphone as my IPOD touch now.. :-) THANK GOD FOR THE NEW IPHONE4!!!!!!

Quote:
Not really a reasonable solution but thanks for playing...
Old 06-24-2010, 01:52 PM   #32
TekkGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
I think its more than reasonable. I have my old 3GS iphone as my IPOD touch now.. :-) THANK GOD FOR THE NEW IPHONE4!!!!!!
Hope you are not right handed, cuz if you hold the phone in your left hand (place the bottom left portion of the iPhone4 in the center of your palm) you might (apparently not all of them do this) find that the cellular signal drops down to nothing over the space of a few seconds and drops any call you are on. Has to do with the fact that your skin is touching the Wifi/Bluetooth antenna and the 3G antenna at the same time, causing a rapid degradation of the 3G signal and subsiquently dropping your signal all together. Apparently Apple employes mostly left handed people.

I think I'll wait a while for the new iPhone... Besides, spending over $199 on a new phone whose only real new feature is the camera...not all worth it to me. I'll stick with my 3GS for now... Good luck, and enjoy the phone!
Old 06-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #33
destroyer4

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2006 PT Conv.
Send a message via AIM to destroyer4
Does anyone know how to get the music to go to stereo over bluetooth??? I have the new iPhone 4 but couldnt get it to work with the 3g either.
6000, Delivered to the customer
7/7/09
destroyer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #34
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer4 View Post
Does anyone know how to get the music to go to stereo over bluetooth??? I have the new iPhone 4 but couldnt get it to work with the 3g either.
You actually need to set up a second Bluetooth connection to the vehicle in order to listen to music over the Bluetooth connection. If you press the CD/AUX button to get to the aux jack screen, you can press the Menu button to get into the Bluetooth menu. Follow the instructions on that screen and add the connection on your iPhone in order to stream music. Let me know if you have any questions or trouble at all.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #35
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Yes the car hates iOS4. Actually it also hated the last version of the OS for the iPod Touch and iPhone as well, just not as much as it hates the new one. My suggestions is either a iPad Nano or even just a flash drive with your music on it.

Oh and the USB won't even work at all with the iPad. I haven't tried it on my new iPhone 4 yet. The bluetooth works fine but I assume the USB will be all screwy too. Oh well time to see the iPod touch!

My only problem I have had with bluetooth is the sound quality is miserable compared to plugging in through USB. There is almost no low end to it at all.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 AM   #36
brtaus

Drives: None
Man, this is sucky news. I just upgraded my phone. Then again, since I don't have my car right now, not a big issue.
brtaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:27 AM   #37
MartiMcFly

Drives: 2SS-RS
I leave an ipod nano in the car.
I use an android so I don't have to worry about all the stupid stuff the Iphone4 and the IO4 are having problems with. Someone at work stood up and said that the new IO4 and the iphone 4 are not working with most if not all usb car stereos.
MartiMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 AM   #38
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartiMcFly View Post
I use an android so I don't have to worry about all the stupid stuff the Iphone4 and the IO4 are having problems with. Someone at work stood up and said that the new IO4 and the iphone 4 are not working with most if not all usb car stereos.
This is a broad and very untrue statement. That person who said that really doesn't know what they are talking about. I've used my iPhones 3Gs w/ iOS4 with a Kenwood DNX5120 Car Stereo without a problem. And it's not that the iOS4 doesn't work with the Camaro Stock Radio, it's that it has glitches. People are quick to bash the iPhone and not even know the whole story, as well as not understanding the complexity that is software. I'm a programmer so I have a unique perspective with regards to writing software and making a public release. You can't anticipate every single hardware configuration out in the world that will be used, and sometimes you hit a snag after final release, when people actually use those items and find little bugs. Annoying for the user, absolutely; condemn the programmer for it, absolutely not.

Just my $0.02...
Old 06-25-2010, 07:57 AM   #39
NoUCantDriveIt

Drives: 2SS RS M6 CGM/Black Rally
Quote:
This is a broad and very untrue statement. That person who said that really doesn't know what they are talking about. I've used my iPhones 3Gs w/ iOS4 with a Kenwood DNX5120 Car Stereo without a problem. And it's not that the iOS4 doesn't work with the Camaro Stock Radio, it's that it has glitches. People are quick to bash the iPhone and not even know the whole story, as well as not understanding the complexity that is software. I'm a programmer so I have a unique perspective with regards to writing software and making a public release. You can't anticipate every single hardware configuration out in the world that will be used, and sometimes you hit a snag after final release, when people actually use those items and find little bugs. Annoying for the user, absolutely; condemn the programmer for it, absolutely not.

Just my $0.02...

That's why I didn't jump on getting the new iPhone now. I'm letting y'all be the guinea pigs for the initial release. I can wait to get mine in a month or two after the hidden gremlins are found and tamed.

(my rule of thumb.. don't install or count on anything working properly before version 3.0 release.)
Old 06-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #40
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Oh come on, you know the Apple programmers should be putting Camaro compatibility at number one priority!

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #41
TekkGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Oh come on, you know the Apple programmers should be putting Camaro compatibility at number one priority!
LOL!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:40 AM   #42
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Yo Tekk,

Is this a problem only when you play songs from the iphone. Do you encounter this problem when you stream Slacker or Pandora?

I haven't tried playing music after updating yet, so I will do that later today. I will try both songs on the iphone, and Slacker Radio.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote