Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #57
ZZTop-leSS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 - Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DADS45TH View Post
...I also don't have enough miles on mine to have any top issues either...
For the 5th bow, miles don't mean anything. I had 64 miles on mine and put the top down once and there goes the 5th bow. If I would have put the top down before I took it home for the first time, it would have had 11 miles on it when it broke. Rediculous!
ZZTop-leSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #58
bmodell

Drives: 2012 45th ANN. CVT, 68 RS/SS CVT
calle dealer about blower. He didnt even blink twice.. He order4d a new blower/mount kit and will call me when its in... Has anyone else have a squeaky AC underdash blower motor?
bmodell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #59
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmodell View Post
calle dealer about blower. He didnt even blink twice.. He order4d a new blower/mount kit and will call me when its in... Has anyone else have a squeaky AC underdash blower motor?

Yes. And twice the dealership has told me they cannot reproduce the problem, right now it's not constant.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #60
Minkman555

Drives: 2001 MONTE CARLO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Yes. And twice the dealership has told me they cannot reproduce the problem, right now it's not constant.
Ugh I feel your pain. My 2008 Challenger SRT had a bad problem of "cutting off" at highway speeds .... and whenever it wanted a nap. 10 months later Lemon Law case settled - Chrysler paid for the car and the 10k markup I paid.

Good luck to you man !

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen. using Tapatalk HD
Old 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #61
decepticon-vert

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to decepticon-vert
I have had my vert for 4 months and 6500 miles. Being in southern california the weather has been pretty nice. except for those few days we got rain lol.. I have taken my top down so many times I dont keep track. I have not had a single issue with any component of my car. Im a chevy guy all the way I currently own 3 chevys a 57 belair, 2001 silverado and my newest baby 2011 vert aka decepticon. However, it is going to see the dealer for the latest top recall, but not because something broke. Keep faith in your chevy dealer this will get fixed. GM has a ton of money riding on this car to not take care of its customers.
decepticon-vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #62
bmodell

I appreciate the positive sentiments, but I must say I am beginning to waiver on my support of GM.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #63
identtwin2

Drives: none, 2013 ZL1 vert on order
Hi Jeff, my very first post. I hope this is within the boundary of the site's rules. I have a signed buyer' s order for the first allocated 2013 ZL1 vert at a local dealer .Should i rely on local dealer stated expectations that for the 2013 model year the Convertible Top Enhancements recall referenced in the last weeks 16 page pdf and or all other fixes( re. 5th bow etc) will be installed at the FACTORY prior to shipping?
Thank you very much.........or do you anticipate ( just your seasoned opinion ) a 3rd model in a row with continued dealer installed fixes vrs . getting it right at the FACTORY for 2013
identtwin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:28 PM   #64
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmodell View Post
I appreciate the positive sentiments, but I must say I am beginning to waiver on my support of GM.
Waiver? No, run away! (said in true Monty Python fashion)

Talked to my rep yesterday and in the face of all that's rational, they are sticking to the line that the rub marks are normal and will wash out. "There is nothing more that GM will do for you at this time" (in spite of the fact that when I picked my car up after the TSB - AND had it detailed - you could still see the rub marks!).

If a rational argument still gets the response they give, it is futile to argue the point. Waste of breath with these idiots.

This is intentional on GM's part. Simply blow off the customer and see how many go away (I'm sure many do). Now you have a smaller percentage that you have to deal with. Next step is continue refusal to fix anything but offer a little cash incentive to shut the hell up.

Of course I have to follow the process and talk to the supervisor to get the same answer. I will request that answer in writing. And then the next step is BBB.

Mark my words guys, as I've said before, this is an intentional strategy to extend the time frame out or otherwise wear people down. There is NO "GM cares about the customer". Don't believe that baloney for a second. Its a dollars and sense thing.

Make note, I said yesterday. So as of yesterday, NOTHING HAS CHANGED FROM THEIR ORIGINAL POSITION WAY BACK WHEN. They are just repackaging.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #65
bmodell

Got a call from the GM of my dealership, he is working with G.M. on different options to take back my car and allow me to look at 2013 model year instead.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #66
rangomr

Drives: Oracle Camaro has all the bells &
I'm glad I did not read all these comments before I bought my new 45 Anniversary Convertible, have not had any problems. What are the rub marks???? Also those side vents (fake) just pass each door, has anybody bought the side vent chrome pieces and if so where from and are they a good fit? Not sure where to ask all this since I'm new on here as far as posting. Michael in Virginia
rangomr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #67
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
These are rub marks. The first two are from my original top. The last one is after my top replacement. I now have a new car. Good luck
Attached Images

"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #68
rangomr

I guess that might be something down the road to for sure to look for but so far so good, but I know I've not had the car long plus instead of putting the top down or up every day getting one of those interior covers for it since I dont have a door on my garage yet. Michael
Old 04-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #69
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Down the road to look at? You nuts? My car was built on 7/27/11. Delivered on 8/4/11. Top replaced on 9/29/11. Less than 2 months and a new top. Have fun with that
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #70
rangomr

Something to keep a eye on you idiot, guess you are part of this younger generation. I fought for this country. You should watch your words you use on here but of course it just shows your age and I understand so thanks.