Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #99
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
Sorry to hear it. Insist on an engineer to fix it along with a new water bag.
I even called GM Canada today head office where the camaros are made and they did absolutely nothing for me.All smoke and mirrors.
The really sad thing about it is the plant where the camaros are made is about an hour from me.
GM Canada told me they don't have engineers or other technicians to go around to do repairs.
They said they have nothing to do with what is happening in the USA and the way GM USA is handling the problems.Consider yourself lucky.

They insist on dealer route here only and most dealers are too full of themselves to do any research on the topic.
but we shall see and I will push at the dealer end the best I can.
Worst case scenario, if it becomes an ugly situation, I will get the names of a few good dealers in USA that have repaired tops successfully for my fellow vert bretheren and choose the closest one to me and drive it there.The GM warranty will be applicable.

Maybe I should ask my dealer for a loaner corvette? They are Canada's largest corvette dealer.But I doubt they will do that.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #100
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
OK! Went out for a little blast with the top up on the highway( a little chilly). No wind noise up to 80mph sssshhhh don't tell. Cycled top when I got back aaaaaaannnnnndddd NO POP YAH MAN everything thing still looks great I guess I am going to break down and get my stripes put on because it's looking like I am in the clear!!
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 PM   #101
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
OK! Went out for a little blast with the top up on the highway( a little chilly). No wind noise up to 80mph sssshhhh don't tell. Cycled top when I got back aaaaaaannnnnndddd NO POP YAH MAN everything thing still looks great I guess I am going to break down and get my stripes put on because it's looking like I am in the clear!!

Spike, congrats!!!!

parts are in for my 5th bow and I dropped car off at dealer.
I spoke to the service manager.He is well versed on the problems of the tops and will be applying all tsb's to my top.
I insisted on a new water bag, he said he would determine if required in mine.He is aware of some of the water leaks by bad installs and I think he has been following what has been going on in camaro5
He is aware of all the replacement training videos/instructions put out by GM and assures me the tech that will be working on my car is very familiar with the videos and procedures as mine is not the 1st that they will have repaired.

I have faith in this dealership as they are used to servicing high end corvettes and performance enhanced sports cars including replacement of convertible tops.They seem to go out of their way to make things right.So heres to keeping my fingers crossed for a good fix.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #102
cactuseater

Drives: .
Good luck with the fix, let us know how all it turns out.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #103
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Picked up my vert from the dealer this past Saturday.
5th bow replaced, current tsb applied also.
The seal at the trunk area is considerably less visible than it was before.
Also the window indexing seems to be much better.
I have cycled the top several times and seems to be okay.I have not had the chance to hose the roof down yet to make sure it is watertight but if any issues I will post it here. so far so good and time will tell if this fix will last.keeping my fingers crossed.
In the meantime, THE PERMAGRIN HAS RETURNED!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #104
ZZTop-leSS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 - Rally Yellow
Definitely keep us posted. I'm working on getting mine scheduled for 5th bow replacement as well as the latest "enhancements" done.
ZZTop-leSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #105
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Quick update ! going on 2 months now from the total top replacement and no rub marks, wet carpets and the fifth bow holding up great ! Permagrin still happening !
Old 04-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #106
goldappa

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Quick update ! going on 2 months now from the total top replacement and no rub marks, wet carpets and the fifth bow holding up great ! Permagrin still happening !
What about wrinkles?
goldappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #107
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
@NutbUtt

Great news!
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #108
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Only issue is the "wave" above windows . This is significantly less than the replacement top but still there
Old 04-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #109
99firehawk
Order in on 13' ZL1 vert

Drives: 1999 Firehawk Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
Picked up my vert from the dealer this past Saturday.
5th bow replaced, current tsb applied also.
The seal at the trunk area is considerably less visible than it was before.
Also the window indexing seems to be much better.
I have cycled the top several times and seems to be okay.I have not had the chance to hose the roof down yet to make sure it is watertight but if any issues I will post it here. so far so good and time will tell if this fix will last.keeping my fingers crossed.
In the meantime, THE PERMAGRIN HAS RETURNED!!!
Good to hear! What Dealer are you using?
99firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:27 PM   #110
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Our 2011 went back to GM tonight for the buy back. Signed the papers a couple hours ago and that was it. Bought the car a year ago next week. 51 weeks - 15% or so of it was in the shop. Took from the beginning of January to today to finish the buy back process. I won, right? Wish it felt that way. I hope that you all have a lot better "luck". I never wanted to give the car back but they screwed it up so badly when they replaced the top taht I felt it would never be right again.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:45 PM   #111
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brengeek View Post
Our 2011 went back to GM tonight for the buy back. Signed the papers a couple hours ago and that was it. Bought the car a year ago next week. 51 weeks - 15% or so of it was in the shop. Took from the beginning of January to today to finish the buy back process. I won, right? Wish it felt that way. I hope that you all have a lot better "luck". I never wanted to give the car back but they screwed it up so badly when they replaced the top taht I felt it would never be right again.
Have you been so soured on the Camaro 'Vert that you don't want another one? I feel bad for ya, all the crap they put you through.

I will be talking to my dealer this week about bringing it in for the 'Enhancements'.....I only have the 'v' marks at this point with 2000 miles. Hope that I have better luck than you did.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #112
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
GREAT NEWS !!!!
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote