Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #99
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
i think youve already heard from the 10 happy owners (out of the thousands that have bought them), everyone else HATES theirs... could probably go ahead and close and lock the thread now.
I haven't seen thousands of people on here complaining? It's so nice you can make stuff up and convince yourself it's fact. You just want everyone to be as miserable as you are and the FACT is that is not true.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #100
Earthshaker6

Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
Quote:
i think youve already heard from the 10 happy owners (out of the thousands that have bought them), everyone else HATES theirs... could probably go ahead and close and lock the thread now.
I think you got that backwards...the 10 people that have opened 175 seperate threads to complain about all the help they are getting with fixing their issues.

I can look at the 90% of the threads on the front page of the Camaro Convertible Forum that talks about issues and see the same 10 names trying to increasing their post count and trying to make it look like a huge universal issue...you need more backers!

There are plenty of happy Vert owners...their post just get lost in the ocean of the 10-15 that want their 15 minutes of fame by trying to start hate toward the best car in the world!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #101
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthshaker6 View Post
I think you got that backwards...the 10 people that have opened 175 seperate threads to complain about all the help they are getting with fixing their issues.

I can look at the 90% of the threads on the front page of the Camaro Convertible Forum that talks about issues and see the same 10 names trying to increasing their post count and trying to make it look like a huge universal issue...you need more backers!

There are plenty of happy Vert owners...their post just get lost in the ocean of the 10-15 that want their 15 minutes of fame by trying to start hate toward the best car in the world!
Amen brother!
Old 06-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #102
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:

the number of people posting issues and problems with their tops WAY OUTNUMBERS the people posting no problems with theirs. i agree the cars are AWESOME, i wouldnt be on my second one if i didnt think so. but look at the polls, posts, buy backs, etc. you know im right. maybe in time that number will change, now that the newer designs are coming out in production, but for now, there are many many more people with problems, than are satisfied...
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #103
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
the number of people posting issues and problems with their tops WAY OUTNUMBERS the people posting no problems with theirs. i agree the cars are AWESOME, i wouldnt be on my second one if i didnt think so. but look at the polls, posts, buy backs, etc. you know im right. maybe in time that number will change, now that the newer designs are coming out in production, but for now, there are many many more people with problems, than are satisfied...
Human nature is to complain about problems and if all is well you say nothing. You always have more and louder complainers than satisfied people posting. People also want more people experiencing the same issues and seek them out to validate their own complaint.
By the way the poll I conducted shows many more with either no problems or only rub marks and wrinkles than have holes, tears or broken bows. 67% to 33%

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 06-29-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #104
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Thumbs up Proof of happiness...

If all these issues are resolved in the 2013 Camaro, I'm a buyer.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #105
ZZTop-leSS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 - Rally Yellow
I don't understand the need for the happy owners to come down on the unhappy owners all the time. Can't you just "understand our frustration" or just not say anything at all........... you know, like customer service does.
ZZTop-leSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #106
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Let's make a deal, all the happy owners stay out of commenting in the problem rant threads and those with problems stay out of commenting in the happy owners threads.
And please before commenting read the OPs first post to see what he is asking for before posting. That would solve a bunch of bickering.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #107
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
... trying to increasing their post count and trying to make it look like a huge universal issue...

I personally browse this forum and participate in exhanges for information so I can be educated and get my awesome convertible fixed so I can be happy again. I love my car. Do not include me in your count of "the same 10 people." And by the way, the issue is bigger than the people in this forum. Not everybody is web savvy. It's been 20 days now that I've been without my car for a real leak. I can't wait to be happy again.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #108
Irnmike

Drives: '12 1SS Vert./ '67 RS pro touring
We just bought our 2012 1SS Vert. and are very happy with it. I joined this forum to learn more about the car and share our experiences. I just have to say that if you're so damn unhappy with your car, why dont you sell it and get something else? There is a problem with the top on these cars and we all know it by now. I say do something about it or sell the car! Seems like you just want someone to share in your misery!
Irnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #109
SSTOKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnmike View Post
We just bought our 2012 1SS Vert. and are very happy with it. I joined this forum to learn more about the car and share our experiences. I just have to say that if you're so damn unhappy with your car, why dont you sell it and get something else? There is a problem with the top on these cars and we all know it by now. I say do something about it or sell the car! Seems like you just want someone to share in your misery!
You can't read. I love my car and can't wait to have it fixed. I'm using this forum for information. If lucky owners can't stand the variety of personalities on this forum than start another one. And trust me, I work on this issue almost every day with my dealership and district manager (20 days and counting at the shop). Trouble is, it's a learning experience for each owner and all the details are easier learned here than standing in the service department every day. I apologize if I'm not as well versed as you on this subject yet.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Old 07-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #110
Irnmike

Drives: '12 1SS Vert./ '67 RS pro touring
My post wasn't pointed at you SSTOKED. How many times does it need to be said? We all get it. So get out there and make something happen! Some are just spreading negativity!
Irnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #111
SSTOKED

Quote:
My post wasn't pointed at you SSTOKED. How many times does it need to be said? We all get it. So get out there and make something happen! Some are just spreading negativity!
Thanks for the clarification . All next week I plan to live at my dealership while I'm on vacation. I may show up with my lunch bag when they start my repair!

MODS:
Old 07-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #112
ZZTop-leSS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 - Rally Yellow
Quote:
... I just have to say that if you're so damn unhappy with your car, why dont you sell it and get something else? There is a problem with the top on these cars and we all know it by now. I say do something about it or sell the car! Seems like you just want someone to share in your misery!
OK, let me give this a try.

Hey, I've got a 2012 2SS/RS M6 vert for sale. Only has 1300 miles on it. No issues whatsoever... well, except for the broken 5th bow (fixed), rub marks on the top, potential leak issues, potential rear window issues, etc, etc -- basically just a horrible design flaw with the entire convertible top. Paid 43,900 for it brand new. Made 5 payments so far. Only asking 39,900. Any takers? --- Didn't think so.

Yeah, 'cause turning around and just selling it without taking a huge loss is just so easy, especially in today's economy and with all the "known issues" these vehicles have....
ZZTop-leSS is offline   Reply With Quote