Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #113
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Well, GM saw all of us coming! This forum got me all freaked out about my top, I was going over it with a microscope. Have only 2500 miles on mine, bought it May 25. I did notice a crease/indentation above both doors, almost equal in length. Just came back from a local dealer who has 2 "verts" in the lot. Both have the same indentations.

I love my car, it doesn't leak, is as quiet with the top up as much as many coupes and it is a blast to drive.

If my top does develop issues, this forum is great fodder/proof to show GM, but I still love the car. Nothing is perfect.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #114
JRsRS12

Drives: 2012 White 1LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Human nature is to complain about problems and if all is well you say nothing. You always have more and louder complainers than satisfied people posting. People also want more people experiencing the same issues and seek them out to validate their own complaint.
By the way the poll I conducted shows many more with either no problems or only rub marks and wrinkles than have holes, tears or broken bows. 67% to 33%
Hey Bird, Glad you're enjoying the car. I'm enjoying the hell out of mine. Yes, I have had minor marks; brought it to the dealer and got it fixed. I own other sports cars, they are expensive toys, and realize I'll be spending a lot of money to maintain them. I agree with folks, the top problems should not be happening, it sucks. Im gonna keep enjoying mine, drive the piss out of it, get if fixed when it breaks, then someday give to my son to enjoy.
JRsRS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:59 PM   #115
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnmike View Post
...f you're so damn unhappy with your car, why dont you sell it and get something else?...

In a perfect world, these problems will be eliminated in the 2013 Camaro...
I, for one, will spin the GM Roulette Wheel and trade in,
when they hit the showrooms late this year or early next year.
They'll get it right, eventually.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #116
Irnmike

Drives: '12 1SS Vert./ '67 RS pro touring
I had a 98 Z28 A4 and had nothing but problems and hated the car after a year. So, I traded it in on a 2000 SS M6, took the hit, but loved it the entire time I owned it. Sometimes it's worth biting the bullet if it's gonna make you happy.
Irnmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #117
Keith.M

Drives: '11 2SS/RS Vert, w/Hurst shifter
I am very happy with my vert!!!
Keith.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #118
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irnmike View Post
...Sometimes it's worth biting the bullet if it's gonna make you happy.
Agreed! Losing sleep over toys is not worth it.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #119
Anna

Drives: the BEST 2012 2SS/RS IBM vert, ever
I absolutely LOVE this car!!!!!
No problems at all.
It is my daily driver and I put the top down every chance I get.
Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #120
Michael Rophone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I absolutely LOVE this car!!!!!
No problems at all.
It is my daily driver and I put the top down every chance I get.
The BEST color in the automotive industry!
Old 07-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #121
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Just got home from another moonlight cruise in the Vert, there is nothing like it. Only bad part was some dummy in a diesel Dodge pickup trying to gode me into a race. Those trucks and their drivers are total bozos.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #122
Earthshaker6

Drives: 45th Anniversary HPE650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZTop-leSS View Post
I don't understand the need for the happy owners to come down on the unhappy owners all the time. Can't you just "understand our frustration" or just not say anything at all........... you know, like customer service does.
Since you are having issues understanding...I will help you out. Take a look at the number of threads about "top issues." If you want to make a statement, have one thread with everyone with top issues posting in it. There is not really any need for every person with a top issue to open his/her own thread...go to all the others...post their issues on those...and continue to fill the happy thread with your issues also! There are reasons this method would work a little better...first and foremost is the fact that one thread about top issues would make it easier for people having these issues to look up information! Currently, if someone has a top issues, they have to look through 20-25 thread to see if there is any useful information or if it is just complaining. The second reason would be that we could at least get more than one thread on the first page regarding Vert information that does not involve top issues! Oh yea, and the Chevrolet Customer Service personnel that are on here plenty could go to one thread about each issue and be able to gain important information about the issues without having to look through 20-25 threads with the same 20-25 people posting about the same issue.

Does that help your understanding? Just here to help.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:10 PM   #123
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthshaker6 View Post
Since you are having issues understanding...I will help you out. Take a look at the number of threads about "top issues." If you want to make a statement, have one thread with everyone with top issues posting in it. There is not really any need for every person with a top issue to open his/her own thread...go to all the others...post their issues on those...and continue to fill the happy thread with your issues also! There are reasons this method would work a little better...first and foremost is the fact that one thread about top issues would make it easier for people having these issues to look up information! Currently, if someone has a top issues, they have to look through 20-25 thread to see if there is any useful information or if it is just complaining. The second reason would be that we could at least get more than one thread on the first page regarding Vert information that does not involve top issues! Oh yea, and the Chevrolet Customer Service personnel that are on here plenty could go to one thread about each issue and be able to gain important information about the issues without having to look through 20-25 threads with the same 20-25 people posting about the same issue.

Does that help your understanding? Just here to help.
Hmmm can you say "Top Problem Mega Thread"? Good suggestion!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #124
ZZTop-leSS

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6 - Rally Yellow
Let me apologize (Sincerely). I don't mean any disrespect to anyone on here, happy owners or unhappy owners. If you don't have any issues, or you only have minor issues, or you have major issues, but you're just saying "the hell with it" and enjoying it anyway, then all the power to you. If you're not so happy, then I feel for you. Overall, I really wanna love my car and I'm a GM guy all the way. I'm just frustrated with the issues. This is my first brand new vehicle that I've ever purchased and I expected more, I guess. I do love the look of the vehicle and the neck-breaking looks I get and all the thumbs ups and "Nice car!" being yelled across 4 lanes of traffic is just priceless. I'm just disappointed with the top issues. It's like being cheated on by your significant other. You trusted her (them) for so long and you love her (them) so much and now you just can't believe how she (they) is (are) treating you. Of course you still love her (them), but you're just so hurt and angry with her (them). All the frustration and disappointment has just made me a smart-ass and for that I apologize. Hopefully GM will get this figured out and maybe some day all of us can be happy. Keep smiling. I'll do my best to do the same.

Last edited by ZZTop-leSS; 07-02-2012 at 12:17 AM.
ZZTop-leSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #125
Michael Rophone

Happy Corvair Owner

ex Skyman, what the hell did we do before the Internet?
In 1963, I didn't know I was driving an unsafe Corvair until Ralph Nader told us so in 1965.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #126
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
I think there is a misconception here. I believe (like me) that in spite of the problems we have with our verts, most people on here love them.

I love the car but that won't stop me from keeping GM's feet to the fire.

This car is freaking beautiful. We love this car. Compliments fly toward us. We had many, many tourists in Las Vegas recently asking us if they can take pictures. We took the convertible on that road trip two weeks back. I'd do it again.

BUT that will not for one second stop me from making sure that Chevrolet steps up to the plate and makes my car RIGHT. Period. I am sure if we were all lambs, there would not be any design changes implemented....and that we all know is in the works. They have an obligation to this. Accountability, transparency, and sincerity.

Meanwhile, I wait and hope that the next top on order is the end game and solves the issues on our car. Certainly, I shall continue network with fellow 5th Gen Convertible owners as our process proceeds through to it's end. It's information we share that educates us on these issues. Owners networking here strive to achieve a level of consistency regarding application of Chevrolet's warranty practices equally among all owners of this model. Identifying inconsistencies in this process is still an ongoing problem. The same issue is being "corrected" in a dozen plus different ways with different owners at different dealers in separate cities and states, some are working, others are not. Networking brings us together and places focus on a common goal.

If your convertible top is cycled one time or a million times a week and you have no issues arising out of it, I salute you. But we will still drive our 2011 2SS Convertible with the confidence that it is a stunning automobile, and that our issues will be solved one way or another...

Again, it's a beautiful car. No question there.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote