Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #29
aerialgunner

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thank you guys for all your input... And thanks for the pics! I will go with BMR springs for now... I understand both sides clearly, but am on a budget, at least for ride hight. going to put the 1800 i saved towards the super charger thanks again guys.. I will post pics soon with ride!
aerialgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:38 AM   #30
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerialgunner View Post
Thank you guys for all your input... And thanks for the pics! I will go with BMR springs for now... I understand both sides clearly, but am on a budget, at least for ride hight. going to put the 1800 i saved towards the super charger thanks again guys.. I will post pics soon with ride!
We definitely appreciate you using our BMR springs!

When you are ready for the springs let me know and I will see what I can do for you.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #31
flht99b

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
You made the right choice, the BMR 1" drop springs are the best. Properly installed ( timing of all bushings ) and you will have that lowered look and 99% OEM ride. There are times I wish I kept mine.
Ed M.
RJT 2SS/RS, AAM 3.70's, MTI Sway Bars, Shifter & SS brake lines, ZLI calipers, rotors & pads, BMR Trailing & Toe Arms, rear cradle & diff bushes, Pedders XA's, Camber/Toe eccentrics, Radius arm inserts, GTO clutch reservoir, LS9 cam, Comp valve springs, Melling 10296 oil pump, CR5 timing chain, LS6 damper, CAI Cold Air Intake, ARH LT headers w/HF cats, GMPP touring axle back, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Forgeline 20x9.5 & 20x11 DS3 whls, 275/40/20 & 315/35/20 tires, 2011 Convertible spoiler, 1LE front spoiler, Lloyd "SS" Floor Mats, GM Camaro Trunk Mat, wrapped console & Grant steering wheel.
flht99b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #32
Bobsled

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 1LT/RS
Quote:
Yeah, keep us posted as I'm also considering lowing springs for my 2012 V6.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #33
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
I say slam it!! lol Form >Function.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #34
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_boss View Post
My family (wife and 2 kids) couldnt be any happier with improved ride quality of my PFADT suspension. Wife says its totally way more "grounded to the ground"

GROUNDED TO THE GROUND?!?

Does it have stuff that you like? Like the rims, and the sleekness to the body?
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #35
Awesome_SS
Jeff

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I would go with the coil overs instead of the springs. Nothing wrong with them, but like everybody else mentioned they are a bit stiffer. Around here, the roads have ridges that stick up and you really do feel them. On smooth roads the springs are fine.

Awesome_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #36
426CamaroSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 1S, 426 HP, 6 Speed
I'm thinking that the BC Coilovers are the way to pay up front then have to go back and spend more to correct it.
426CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:10 AM   #37
white ZL1

Drives: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
GROUNDED TO THE GROUND?!?

Does it have stuff that you like? Like the rims, and the sleekness to the body?
lol!
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #38
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
I love the look of the camaro lowered, however i am nervous it may ride like a ghetto honda civic or cause other damage. I was told BMR lowering springs is the way to go.. do you agree? Im not interested in coil-overs, just springs. please let me know how your lowered camaro handles since you have lowered it.. thanks - Jay
I have BMR 1" lowering springs in Pumpkin and the stance and handling improvement is well worth it. I'm swithing them out this spring to Pfadt coilovers.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #39
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
I love my Pfadt lowering springs and sways. Did both at the same time so I can't say how it would feel with just springs. Normal roads seem just like the stock ride. The only harshness I even notice is over sharp bumps like where they have paved over an existing road. Ride is way more planted and it is a completely different animal on a road course. Car stays flat and in control! Just have to be careful on sharp rises and learn to take them at an angle. Had them for several months now and no regrets. Coilovers would be ideal, but I have been told by experienced racers that the proper setup can be time consuming. This was a good compromise for me since I only see the track 2-3 times a year.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:52 AM   #40
BRN2SPD

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Anniversary Edition
Getting new rims and don't know if I'll need to lower my car to pull them off

Hey guys I'm looking to order Stance SF03 wheels in the brushed titanium finish with a 20x11 wheel in the rear. Due to the deep concavity of the wheel I'm worried it won't look right unless I lower my car. I'm hoping for some opinions on if it'll still look good without having to lower my car. Thanks in advance for the advise and opinions!
BRN2SPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:43 AM   #41
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRN2SPD View Post
Hey guys I'm looking to order Stance SF03 wheels in the brushed titanium finish with a 20x11 wheel in the rear. Due to the deep concavity of the wheel I'm worried it won't look right unless I lower my car. I'm hoping for some opinions on if it'll still look good without having to lower my car. Thanks in advance for the advise and opinions!
Show us a picture of the Wheels - what size Tires are you going with?
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:06 PM   #42
Js2fst
2010 transformer

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
Confused get rid of weeble wooble? Car more stable . Better in rain. I have escalade you can't go lower Name:  image.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  163.1 KB it is bagged by extensive. Coilovers on Camaro and trans am. Dually had djm junk on it when I got it but fixed it with bell tech. It depends on kits also. Don't cheap out
2010 transformer, vertical doors, 315nt05 rears, pedders supercar coilovers, hotchkis sway bars, links, adjustable, toe bars, bmr poly cradle bushings, 1le control arms, bmr tunnel brace, bmr subframe connectors. Cam 227/239-623-620@114 Mast medium bore heads, sw 1 7/8 headers, cat delete, x pipe, 3" dynomax true duals, fuel rails, fast 102 intake and NW 102 throttle body, catch can, rotofab cai, shifter, raptor custom shift light. Dss drive shaft, 3.91 gears. 492 rwhp
Js2fst is offline   Reply With Quote