Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-25-2015, 08:21 AM   #29
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
The thing to keep in mind about hill assist is that it is timed. Most of the people that have issues using it, are the result of trying to take off while it is engaged. Take the car to an empty lot with enough angle to engage hill assist. It is engaged by the brake. When you release the brake, just sit for a few seconds and you will feel it release. It's there to give you time to get your foot from the brake over to the throttle. Just play with it.

As for the clutch in general, as noted, just drive the car. All cars are different and have a learning period.
You got it Jim, It took some time to understand how the hill assist system works and now that I do, I appreciate what it does when it does come on. I've learned that as you release the brake, there is a point that the system releases the hold and then you can resume to your normal driving. I think the issue with it is that those people that have been driving stick for quite some time will have a quicker response time by a few milliseconds.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 08:22 PM   #30
cajun1le
The Mechanic

Drives: a sports car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You got it Jim, It took some time to understand how the hill assist system works and now that I do, I appreciate what it does when it does come on. I've learned that as you release the brake, there is a point that the system releases the hold and then you can resume to your normal driving. I think the issue with it is that those people that have been driving stick for quite some time will have a quicker response time by a few milliseconds.
Your exactly right. Thanks!
cajun1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #31
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Austin got a 1LE!

Very nice, man - great color choice!

I guess I need to go catch up on your engine swap thread... Sorry that didn't work out for you... but you got a 1LE and some quality family time right?

Hill assist is terrible! Get the yaw sensor replaced and it goes away. The 1LE is a bit more to learn because the gearing is different, but better, just takes time to get a feel for it.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #32
Jugdishian

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
The 1LE clutch does take time getting used to. It took me about a week to "get it". In a short time you will not even be thinking about the clutch but in the beginning I was where you are at now so don't worry. You will grow to love it.
Jugdishian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #33
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
Mine seems to be inconstant on when the Hill Assist engages. Sometimes leaving my drive way on a slight incline, it engages ,most times not. Then leaving work on a steeper incline it does not engage..sometimes it does... Same with skip shift... I really wouldn't care if they both stopped working.
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #34
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
I've noticed, if you clutch in and the car is still rolling backward it thinks you need the hill assist and it will engage. If you are on a hill and manage to clutch in quick enough and start moving before hill assist realizes, you can trick it too... Inconsistent is right! I can't wait to get the console apart and get the sensor swapped out
Old 06-02-2015, 08:56 PM   #35
jamestown

Drives: 2014 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
Inconsistent is right!
That is the worst part about this and skip shift, sometimes I couldn't get them to engage even if I wanted to.

The hill start assist delete is great, you will love it.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #36
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Hill Assist engages when the car is on an incline and you apply the brake. Don't apply the brake and it won't engage. Once it is engaged, it is timed as noted above.

Skip Shift (ie: shifting from 1 to 4) is RPM triggered. Simply continue to accelerate or wait another second or two at current speed and it will shut off.

Both are easy to learn and live with, or you can spend money and have them disabled. I have better things to spend money on.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #37
jamestown

Drives: 2014 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Both are easy to learn and live with
I bought a toaster. It shocks me but I learned to live with it and you should too, right?
Old 06-03-2015, 10:20 PM   #38
Deebo
2SS/1LE GAZ 1 of 221

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
After stalling the car a half dozen times, I gave up on the hill assist the first day. I would just pull the parking brake a click every time I was stopped on an incline. After reading this post I realized I was rushing it... a bunch!