Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
#12052 TOP ENHANCEMENT where did you get it done? happy with results?

I think we should start a thread to find out which dealers are doing a good job on the "enhancement" and which ones dont have a clue. maybe this will help us all get the job done right, and without having multiple trips to the dealer which is annoying. I havent had mine done yet, hoping this thread will guide me to which dealer i will bring mine to.

basically, tell the dealer name, and what state you are in, that you brought yours to, and if you are happy with the results, etc. I know some have posted in other threads about their experiences having it done, but there should be a thread for just the results, whether good or bad, to help us and future readers get our cars fixed.

Thanks in advance everyone that has had theirs "enhanced" thus far, let us know your results

Dont post about previous problems, just keep it to the 12052 enhancement and whether it was done properly or not, thanks
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
VictorDelDuca

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS 6M
Brought mine to All American Chevy in Middletown NJ. Enhancement, air bag recall, and tranny fluid change done in one hour. Everything looks to be done correctly. Wind noise gone. Haven't had the top down to see if the minor rub marks I was getting above the doors has been remedied. Been happy with their service so far. Didn't even mention the air bag recall, they brought it to my attention.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
bowtye

Drives: 2011 iom ss/rs convertable
pride chevy in lynn mass no clue! they did try no water leak had car for a week and now sounds like i have awindow open and still have wear marks in the top
bowtye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
themoneypit

thats what im talking about!! thanks, keep em coming!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
Griffintile

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS L99 convertible
Edwards Chevy 280, Birmingham, AL.
Waited five weeks for them to get the "parts", I called them once a week, they never called me, and I was dealing with service manager. I had to make two trips (before the recall came out) to get it looked at, before they would do anything. The work was done half ass looks like a kid put the tape on, and it's not in the same places on both sides. The vehicle was dirtier than when I brought it in, and they left the car outside unlocked with key in plain sight, after they closed. I am pretty sure there will be a new top in my future, the usall rub marks are less pronounced and acceptable, but the cable now looks like it is going to rub through.
Edwards 280 great place to buy, not so great after the purchase.
Griffintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #6
rudygotopless
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS
I've had my "enhancement" done last week even though my convertible had absolutely no problems. No rub marks and no holes. I have 5500 miles on my 2012 and the dealer, Gordon Chevrolet in Tampa, has been great. They always make me feel that I'm their only customer. In fact, my wife wants to trade in her 2007 Chrysler on a new 2013 Malibu.
rudygotopless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I had my 'enhancements ' done yesterday at Rodger's Chevrolet, but I haven't had it back long enough to jusdge anything.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Just got home from having the modifications done, in and out in 90 minutes, so far so good. We'll see when it warms up and I put the top down more often.

Dealer is Faulkner-Ciocca Chevrolet in Quakertown, PA

Very professional, competent service.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #9
gaddied

Drives: camaro
I hear there is a new TSB out it's 12052A.
Does anyone know what was added?
gaddied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #10
themoneypit

no,
hadnt heard of that yet. i wonder...
Old 04-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #11
dakota74

Drives: 2014 Summit White; 2SS/RS
Brought mine to Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown for the top recall. They did it, also did the service to the roof (if you read my other post you'll understand --> http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218758)

I also haven't head the roof down yet bc of the poor cold weather so I don't know if its worked or not.
dakota74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #12
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Well, had the top down a couple of times and now my rear windows vibrate or something when they go up or down......plus looks like the rub mark on the drivers side is still there......guess they get a call or visit on Monday from me.....geez
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Keith.M

Drives: '11 2SS/RS Vert, w/Hurst shifter
Ivory Chevrolet, Union City, GA - Completed 12/11/11 (dropped off on 12/06/11), Excellent job. They actually had a contractor come in to do the work, who was a previous GM tech. He ordered every single part that was not 100% as he encountered them on the replacement (bows and brackets). Also there were no miles put on the car, so I know no one was out hot rodding in it. No wind noise, no leaks, and the top is tighter and better looking than when the car was new.
Keith.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #14
themoneypit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith.M View Post
Ivory Chevrolet, Union City, GA - Completed 12/11/11 (dropped off on 12/06/11), Excellent job. They actually had a contractor come in to do the work, who was a previous GM tech. He ordered every single part that was not 100% as he encountered them on the replacement (bows and brackets). Also there were no miles put on the car, so I know no one was out hot rodding in it. No wind noise, no leaks, and the top is tighter and better looking than when the car was new.
that mustve been one of the earlier TSBs. april 2012 there was a new convertible top recall/program/enhancement (whatever the heck u wanna call it) for these. just saying... but hey, if u have no more rub marks and problems, then leave well enough alone!