Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice992 View Post
I'm confused? I'm not a vendor....... I'm just another owner trying to line up a group buy for everyone's benefit........
I know. It's not your fault. It's just frustrating. If i were to set up a group buy like this for my business, it'd be shut down because I'm not a vendor. But apparently if I get somebody else to organize one, it's ok.

Just a weird system, and nothing against you. It's a good thing you're doing for people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
Garret

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Victory Red
so where does the paint correction come into play? got my car new 7 months ago and its got chips in the bumper thats bout it no dings *crosses fingers* (I do park very very carefully )
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #17
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
so where does the paint correction come into play? got my car new 7 months ago and its got chips in the bumper thats bout it no dings *crosses fingers* (I do park very very carefully )
Paint correction is for swirls in the paint.
Won't help with chips

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I'd be down if this could be done over the weekend? This is my daily driver and I see you're in Spring. I'm down in Kemah so I think there is little chance I could be without it during the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Ok quick question
I am interested for sure as mine still has some swirls from the original delivery 4 months ago.

But I need to know how this would work with a clear bra installed as we did it first thing on delivery.
Let me know what you find out. I have a clear bra on my front as well. Starting to show its wear though. Been on for three years of daily driving
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #19
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Wish you were closer bud, I'd offer to help you and loan you the tools for free

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #20
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
this is a really good deal actually. Less than what I payed, mine was more in line with the worth cost.

And I highly recommend it, its amazing the difference it makes. Car has that car show shine permanently.

OP should link to the thread with the pics on OP's car.

Anyone in the Atlanta GA area interested I can direct you to an excellent pro to get yours done.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #21
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I know. It's not your fault. It's just frustrating. If i were to set up a group buy like this for my business, it'd be shut down because I'm not a vendor. But apparently if I get somebody else to organize one, it's ok.

Just a weird system, and nothing against you. It's a good thing you're doing for people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I know VIS has several group buys on their hoods through members.......Want me to start one for you?
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #22
Ice992
Semper Fi

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
If you have a bottle of touch up paint, Anson will touch up chips before Opti-Coating. He did on mine. Can still see them, but they are filled in and coated so its not an eye sore anymore.

Quote:
Paint correction is for swirls in the paint.
Won't help with chips

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Spot on brother!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I'd be down if this could be done over the weekend? This is my daily driver and I see you're in Spring. I'm down in Kemah so I think there is little chance I could be without it during the week.

Let me know what you find out. I have a clear bra on my front as well. Starting to show its wear though. Been on for three years of daily driving
The service comes with a free enterprise rental car for every vehicle that is dropped off. So DD guys have no worries! Mine is a DD as well and dropped it off on a Tuesday, took the loaner car, came back Thursday afternoon and good to go!

I believe the best option with the clear bra is going to be remove it, correct the paint, then opti-coat, but I'll let DuskSD comment after talked to Anson.

Ready to live life on your terms?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Ice992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #23
Ice992
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
this is a really good deal actually. Less than what I payed, mine was more in line with the worth cost.

And I highly recommend it, its amazing the difference it makes. Car has that car show shine permanently.

OP should link to the thread with the pics on OP's car.
Good call! Linked!

I love the finish... Really a great product... I've been researching for months which coating I wanted, very please with my choice!

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
The service comes with a free enterprise rental car for every vehicle that is dropped off. So DD guys have no worries! Mine is a DD as well and dropped it off on a Tuesday, took the loaner car, came back Thursday afternoon and good to go!

I believe the best option with the clear bra is going to be remove it, correct the paint, then opti-coat, but I'll let DuskSD comment after talked to Anson.
That's awesome!
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #25
Ice992
Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
That's awesome!
Yea, the rental is nothing fancy... Mine was a Toyota Yaris... But still got me to work! And can't beat it given it doesn't cost anything!

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #26
Ice992
Semper Fi

Quote:
Ok quick question
I am interested for sure as mine still has some swirls from the original delivery 4 months ago.

But I need to know how this would work with a clear bra installed as we did it first thing on delivery.
Anson called me about 30 min ago, he said 3 options:

Correct the entire car except where the bra is, then opti-coat everything (including your existing bra). ---- downside to this is whatever impurities and imperfections are under the Bra, you're stuck with. If it's a 3M, they are known for yellowing on a DD car after 3-4 yrs, which you'd also kind of be stuck with.

Or

Remove current Bra, correct whole car, and Opti-Coat.

Or

Remove current bra, correct whole car, then put new bra on and opti-coat. (Bra can go over, or under the opti-coat).

The last option is obviously going to be expensive. $500-800 for an XPel bra (not a quoted price from Anson, I've just looked into it while researching the opti-coating) but, XPel is the top of the line, 7 yr warranty, wraps around all edges so no seams exist.

Hope that helps

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Old 04-21-2013, 01:33 AM   #27
Ice992
Semper Fi

So... Who's in?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #28
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Anson called me about 30 min ago, he said 3 options:

Correct the entire car except where the bra is, then opti-coat everything (including your existing bra). ---- downside to this is whatever impurities and imperfections are under the Bra, you're stuck with. If it's a 3M, they are known for yellowing on a DD car after 3-4 yrs, which you'd also kind of be stuck with.

Or

Remove current Bra, correct whole car, and Opti-Coat.

Or

Remove current bra, correct whole car, then put new bra on and opti-coat. (Bra can go over, or under the opti-coat).

The last option is obviously going to be expensive. $500-800 for an XPel bra (not a quoted price from Anson, I've just looked into it while researching the opti-coating) but, XPel is the top of the line, 7 yr warranty, wraps around all edges so no seams exist.

Hope that helps
ugh
yeh it's less than 4 months old as is the car.
paid 600 for it as well.
cant see pulling it off until it's worn out in several years.

hmm the car was properly prepped before it's application so when it comes off it should be perfect under there.

ugh. need the rest of the car corrected though and protected from swirls in the future.
that blue shows every little one.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote