Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-30-2015, 05:56 AM   #43
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
Update: 04/30/2015

The repair was covered under warranty. Defective Accelerator Pedal Assembly. No idea what might have possibly caused the throttle position sensor to malfunction.
Did you still have the VTC installed when you took it to the dealer ?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:34 AM   #44
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Did you still have the VTC installed when you took it to the dealer ?
Nope.

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 06:29 AM   #45
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
Nope.
How long did you have the VTC installed before you started having the problem? Are you going to re- install it?
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:34 PM   #46
ZLeeper

Drives: .
Posting to this thread as I am having these exact issues on my 2013 ZL1 9k miles, CEL light comes on, Engine power reduced and Stabilitrak message. P2138 code always repeats. Just when I think the problem is solved and the car drives normal for a few miles, the same code reappears and car goes into limp mode. The tune has been in the car for nearly a year, no problems.

I have replaced the Accelerator Pedal switch, replaced throttle position sensor and cleaned the VMax throttle body, wiring was verified by GM mechanic to not have any shorts in those harnesses. I have confirmed with JMS about the pump voltage booster and the connecting pin harness is good. I do not have a Vitesse throttle controller.

Could the throttle body actuator malfunction to cause this code? or anything else to do with the VMAX throttle body. That is only part that might be old as it was an exchange and I do not have my stock throttle body to test that theory. The last thing that I have not done is replace the pigtail at the throttle position sensor.

Hoping some good answers come from this because not driving the car for 2 months is getting old.
ZLeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:25 PM   #47
tylerio
EXTREMZ

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #891, 2012 2SS 45th Anni
My 2012, 40,000-mile, tuned Camaro SS came up with this problem a few weeks ago. Service stabilitrak, ABS light, traction control light, car stutters and backfires. Tachmeter stops working. Only happens on start-up in sub 20 degree weather. Once it warms up a bit, I turn it off, restart it, and the problem goes away. Right now just an annoyance and winter being over I'll probably not mess around with it. I avoid dealers like the plague, so won't be seeking their advice. Fingers crossed that it doesn't re-occur before next winter.
JPSS Oil cooler
JPSS SAI plates
JPSS Rear sway bar
Forza Continenti exhaust controller
ZL1 Add-ons wickerbill
Brey-Krause Harness bar
Schroth 4 pt. ASM harnesses
Auto-blip
tylerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:29 PM   #48
jeffsfast1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Stabilitrak/Reduced Engine Power

2015 1LE (replacement engine with 2k miles). I had this exact thing happen to me this morning. Stabilitrak, traction control and ABS lights came on. CEL was blinking and went into limp mode for about 30 seconds and then all went away. I haven't pulled the code(s) yet. Not good for a brand new engine. I will contact the dealer this week about it.
jeffsfast1le is offline   Reply With Quote