Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #29
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by 191185 View Post
Gee willy, then sell it private party
That's what I did. guy wanted it bad for his landscaping business and paid me an extra $500 over book to "hold" it for 2 days until he could take a look at it. Sold it within 5 minutes of him showing up and he had cash.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #30
JRT

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon War Horse View Post
Carmax would not take a Formula I was selling several years ago for a decent offer since I had the weld on subframe connectors... they considered that to be frame damage... WTF.

Oh well.
That is because CarMax will only sell cars on the front retail lot that are in 100% stock form. When they appraise a car they factor in how much it costs to recondition the car back to stock and if the numbers work they will sell it out front. If not they will sell wholesale in one of their auctions so they offer money based on those factors.

By welding to the subframe you did in fact damage the car by altering the structural integrity if the original product. They would not be able to sell that car as retail.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #31
JRT

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiersd View Post
i hate Carmax. They told me my Dodge Ram had been repainted and offered me half Blue Book. As the only owner of that truck I KNOW it had the original paint.
Don't be so sure of that. I bought my 2011 Camaro new in 2012 in Richmond. It sat on lot in NJ for a year and was driven down here for me to buy. When it got here it was COVERED in swirl marks badly. the dealer did the best they could to take care of them and made concessions to me for it. Well a week after I took possession of the car I noticed something seemed off about the right fender and door, it looked like it was painted. There was a small ding in the right quarter that the dealer had fixed as part of the sale and when the dent guy came out he said it was previously painted as well.

Around and around I went with the dealer and they say nope it was never damaged, the other dealer says no damage and there is nothing in GM's system about damage. Three years later guess what happens...clear coat starts peeling off the right fender.

I take it to a different dealer and the guys says oh ya it has been painted for sure. He starts looking at me like I am trying to get one over on them because I want it fixed under warranty. I start telling him about my the original purchase and show him the emails from when I questioned it a week after sale. He does a Carfax, looks in GM system and finds nothing so he fixed it as warranty. He was cool and did a good job, but I basically got screwed over by GM. When I go to sell the car I will take a hit for sure. So never assume that your "new" paint has not be painted after it leaves the factory, that crap happens all of the time.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #32
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT View Post
Don't be so sure of that. I bought my 2011 Camaro new in 2012 in Richmond. It sat on lot in NJ for a year and was driven down here for me to buy. When it got here it was COVERED in swirl marks badly. the dealer did the best they could to take care of them and made concessions to me for it. Well a week after I took possession of the car I noticed something seemed off about the right fender and door, it looked like it was painted. There was a small ding in the right quarter that the dealer had fixed as part of the sale and when the dent guy came out he said it was previously painted as well.

Around and around I went with the dealer and they say nope it was never damaged, the other dealer says no damage and there is nothing in GM's system about damage. Three years later guess what happens...clear coat starts peeling off the right fender.

I take it to a different dealer and the guys says oh ya it has been painted for sure. He starts looking at me like I am trying to get one over on them because I want it fixed under warranty. I start telling him about my the original purchase and show him the emails from when I questioned it a week after sale. He does a Carfax, looks in GM system and finds nothing so he fixed it as warranty. He was cool and did a good job, but I basically got screwed over by GM. When I go to sell the car I will take a hit for sure. So never assume that your "new" paint has not be painted after it leaves the factory, that crap happens all of the time.
Unless it had a respray at the factory, it was never repainted. I happened to be there to check on the shipping status and saw it come off the delivery truck, and had them prep it and took delivery from the dealer the same evening. I had a need for the truck and the sooner I got it the sooner I could get to moving cross country.
My Dad was a line worker at the Leeds and Fairfax plants for GM and I got to "tour" the plants a few times.
He would always show me the cars waiting in line for resprays and paint repair. It always baffled me that a car would need paint repair before it left the factory.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #33
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
That's because humans still run the robots.

For now...
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote