Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #15
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
It's not hard to see out of, you just need to learn to adjust your mirrors correctly. And if you have trouble parking a f150........
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #16
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
It's not hard to see out of, you just need to learn to adjust your mirrors correctly. And if you have trouble parking a f150........
Not necessary have trouble, but just due to the size, it will be more difficult to park then my mom's 911. I have a feeling that the camaro will be a mix between the two
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:12 PM   #17
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
That the dod is crap and I would have rather had an manual to get the ls3.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #18
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I wish I would have known how awesome this car really is!

I wish I would have known how much money in mods I would have spent on the 2LT....I would have just bought the ZL1. lol
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #19
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
No regrets here. I feel lucky to have found mine.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:12 PM   #20
Dennis Northwest

Drives: 16 1SS A8 NPP
I could have saved a lot of money by starting with a 2SS instead of a 2LT. Make sure that you are ok with a V6 instead of a V8 before you pull the trigger. The fact that I traded the 2LT for a 2SS is a testimony that these are awesome cars to own. It's not the easiest car to drive because of the sight lines but you adapt to it pretty quick. Also, I'm a big fan of the backup camera on the 2014 that was not on the 2011.
Dennis Northwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #21
KorovaMB

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Northwest View Post
I could have saved a lot of money by starting with a 2SS instead of a 2LT. Make sure that you are ok with a V6 instead of a V8 before you pull the trigger. The fact that I traded the 2LT for a 2SS is a testimony that these are awesome cars to own. It's not the easiest car to drive because of the sight lines but you adapt to it pretty quick. Also, I'm a big fan of the backup camera on the 2014 that was not on the 2011.

This. I also started with a 2LT, and 6 months later traded for my 2SS. Would have saved a few grand just getting the SS out of the gate. Otherwise, no regrets at all. I really liked the 2LT, but I love the SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KorovaMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:56 PM   #22
Jakey2SS

Drives: 15' Scat Pack
Wish I would have known the only attention id be getting with this car is from other guys and little kids.... "Mom/Dad look at that Camaro!"

But on a serious note, I regret absolutely nothing and love every minute behind the wheel.
Jakey2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #23
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
I regret getting black instead of waiting for the right car in white.

That's not to say I don't love the car...I've just had a lot of black ones in a row and I get sick of trying to keep them clean.

Man they look good when they are, though.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:11 AM   #24
SSmokinSS
Get Some

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6Speed
No Ragrets. not even one letter. It's my Creedo, nawutimsayin?
Old 09-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #25
NorCalStorm

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS
could've gotten a v8 for the same price as my fully loaded 2lt/rs...
NorCalStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #26
CamT223

Drives: Dodge Ram 1500
I do not have a Camaro yet but i'm in the market for one now. I have a friend(we are the same age as you) who ended up buying a V6 mustang for his first car instead of being patient and waiting for the right V8, boy do we have fun making fun of that thing.. I know he definitely regrets buying a V6..not sure if things are the same way with the Camaro's but a V6 is a V6..If you want a V6 just because it may be cheaper than the V8, i'd save up. Sounds tome like you have some time before you get one. Perhaps a larger down payment after you sell your f-150 will help too. But like a couple others in this thread stated earlier they sold their LT just to upgrade to the SS, you'd most likely end up saving money if you just jumped up the V8 as opposed to reselling a V6 in a few months. "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"
But hey, in the end, it's all up to you and your wants. You do save on gas with the V6, and in more than one way
CamT223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:01 AM   #27
InsanityStrikesAgain

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS - 14 Silverado Z71 LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamT223 View Post
I do not have a Camaro yet but i'm in the market for one now. I have a friend(we are the same age as you) who ended up buying a V6 mustang for his first car instead of being patient and waiting for the right V8, boy do we have fun making fun of that thing.. I know he definitely regrets buying a V6..not sure if things are the same way with the Camaro's but a V6 is a V6..If you want a V6 just because it may be cheaper than the V8, i'd save up. Sounds tome like you have some time before you get one. Perhaps a larger down payment after you sell your f-150 will help too. But like a couple others in this thread stated earlier they sold their LT just to upgrade to the SS, you'd most likely end up saving money if you just jumped up the V8 as opposed to reselling a V6 in a few months. "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it"
But hey, in the end, it's all up to you and your wants. You do save on gas with the V6, and in more than one way
You should tell someone with a GT- R that....
InsanityStrikesAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 01:09 AM   #28
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalStorm View Post
could've gotten a v8 for the same price as my fully loaded 2lt/rs...

Yeah I carried that regret with me from July 2009 through August 2012 until I broke down and traded. I wish that car would have had a V8 in it, I would have kept it. That was such a nice car, low numbered and top notch build quality. My 2012 is so so.