Drives: 2017 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 Coupe M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
.................Gorgeous!!

Attachment 841813

Enjoy & Have FUN!!

Happy New Year!

Becky
Thanks Becky. I think you've already delivered one or two black ones haven't you? Those dark reflections in the panels just take my breath away.

I noticed something today while looking closely at the heat extractor. The hood insert, front grille openings, and a few other trim pieces are painted "Mosaic Black Metallic". The effect is like a shimmering, wet black. I wonder if this is how all "GBA Black" ZL1s come. I like the subtle difference. In fact, If I'd been able to see that color on a real car or sample paint chip before ordering, I may have ordered the whole exterior that color. The dealer had originally ordered the metallic black but I corrected them, thinking it would be the gaudy big flakes. Oh well...

I've already had some fun with it showing it to a few friends and the few break-in runs I've done. I put it away this afternoon - cinched down my HD car cover with bungee cords - in preparation for some inclement weather coming our way.

In case anyone has trouble keeping their cover from blowing up or off:

Although I ordered the "Protection Package" (ZL1 Logo outdoor car cover + floor mats), they didn't arrive yet so I'm using my old 1LE cover. It's a heavy duty outdoor, felt-lined cover. I found that if I use some bungee cords and tarp clips, it takes hurricane force winds to blow the cover out of place. This cover, lashed down like this, protected my 1LE for a long time.

I used an old broom handle with a hanging loop to pull the bungee cords from side to side and front to rear.

In the under-car shot, you can see the two orange hooks for the blue-white side bungee cords. The yellow bungee is actually 2 hooked together going from front to rear using the same tarp clips as shown in the last photo.

--Cal
Attached Images

cwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:13 AM   #17
2011RS/SS

Drives: 2016 corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
Congrats! Nice looking ZL1, haven't seen any yet around here, my dealer isn't getting one until end of January at the earliest.
I have seen quite a few for sale around here. A black one down in Fayetteville and another black one here in Raleigh when I was looking a month ago.

Just did another search and there is two showing up in NC right now
2011RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote