Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-24-2021, 01:18 AM   #1
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Fast and Furious F9

With all the crazy stuff that is going on now, I am glad to be outside of the US.

Just one more reason is that where we live, F9 hit the theaters last Friday and my wife and I saw it on Saturday. Surprisingly, this was the first movie in the franchise that we've ever seen in the theaters and we are both big fans of the series.

I don't want to drop any spoilers but it was everything and more than I expected it to be. Totally unrealistic and over the top, of course, but also intense and action packed, and really entertaining with some great moments. We were laughing or at the edge of our seats for the whole time.

I love how the movie poster is just a bit off about everything, and I'm sure that the version we saw was censored and edited, but in a few months I'm sure it will be somewhere online so we can rewatch it. The version we saw did have some obvious places where the dialogue seemed a bit off and a lot of the violence and death scenes were cut too.

Anyway, it looks like it hits theaters in the states next month, and if you are a fan like we are, it is worth the wait!!
Attached Images

rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:54 PM   #2
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
i've been a huge F&F fan since the original. they haven't been the same since Paul passed. The tribute at the end of 7? was extremely touching. I just wish they would make one that's a little more "roots" than the last couple have been. They are getting just so unrealistic and "extreme" that i feel like they are getting to far from what the original move meant to most, if not all, of the car guys of that era. Whether you were an import guy, truck guy, or muscle, they was something "real" about the first movie.
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:28 PM   #3
rocknroll_jeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister10 View Post
i've been a huge F&F fan since the original. they haven't been the same since Paul passed. The tribute at the end of 7? was extremely touching. I just wish they would make one that's a little more "roots" than the last couple have been. They are getting just so unrealistic and "extreme" that i feel like they are getting to far from what the original move meant to most, if not all, of the car guys of that era. Whether you were an import guy, truck guy, or muscle, they was something "real" about the first movie.
Its true that the are keeping upping the actions and disbelief but in this movie they still do a few nice touched to remember Ryan/ Paul and there are some good flash back scenes that connect to the characters roots. There are moments for most car guys in this film with late 80's stock car scenes, 90's street races, and a lot of random spy stuff thrown in as well. They really covered all the bases in putting in content.

I also think that they may be trying to build a future F&F team as there are more and more "kids" in the movie. Perhaps in 10-15 years Dom and Brian's kids will be taking over?
Old 05-17-2023, 06:51 PM   #4
rocknroll_jeph

It seems like I just made this original post a few days ago, however, here I am two years later gloating that I got to see Fast X two days before its release in the US.

As much as I want to give away what happens, I'll just summarize- the cars are great, the action is well performed and the cinematography is very creative, but in my opinion the acting is very wooden and the editing and pacing are questionable to me, and the ending is kind of a let down. Still, there is a bit of old school racing and driving, some flashbacks and they did well overall connecting it to the other films in the series.

Also I feel like I didn't do my homework because there are so many characters and I can't quite remember all of their relationships and motivations. There a bunch of new characters and Jason Momoa seemed to really enjoy his character, he was one of the few who seemed really working to make his character shine.
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2023, 08:37 AM   #5
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
officially released or pirated? got cam versions here for the home theater experience

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 08:56 PM   #6
rocknroll_jeph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
officially released or pirated? got cam versions here for the home theater experience
Haha, it's legit, in the theaters, and 3D and some are even in imax theaters too. My wife and I saw it in 3D. I was looking at the ticket, and the ticket was actually cheaper this year than it was in 2021 too.

I was looking at the IMBD page and it seems that in most markets the movie comes out a day or two ahead of the US. I suspect that they want to make the biggest impact for an opening night so release it on Friday.

The theaters here in China only play a movie for a fews weeks at the most, the turnaround is really fast.
Old 05-29-2023, 06:49 AM   #7
MaxSS

Drives: Camaro SS
Yes, I agree with you, this film totally unrealistic. Fast and Furious started from racing and ending by action with superhumans, review is here xD

Last edited by MaxSS; 11-30-2023 at 08:54 AM.
MaxSS is offline   Reply With Quote