Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2017, 09:00 AM   #15
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
With this kind of logic, why buy new then? Just buy cheap repairable salvage cars and drive the crap out of them. It's just a car, right?

I know with me, a dent like that right on wheelwell crease line would drive me nuts. We don't buy these cars and invest tons of money/time into them so they can look like crap.

OP, try shopping around for a good PDR guy. You'd be amazed at the kind of dents they can pull out. Good luck!
With your kind of logic....do you have a life?
I have a beater for daily driving. My work car is supplied by the city. My fun car is garaged during the winter and I try to take care of it the best I can. But, I bought it to enjoy. That was the original concept of the automobile.
But, I don't spend my days hovering over my car with a microfiber cloth waiting on the next dust mite to drop.
My point is....shit happens. I hope th OP can get her back to its original glory.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:08 AM   #16
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Had my SS out with 800 miles on it. I get on the highway and some jackoff towing a trailer of dirt, complete with rocks, on an open flat trailer cuts into my lane and is sending stuff all over the highway. Got my bumper in 3 places, and a good nick off my right fender well. She still looks good but those little nicks are pissing me off.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:09 AM   #17
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Yep pdr guy can solve your problem.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:40 AM   #18
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Ask your local dealer which PDR guy they use and go from there.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:16 PM   #19
UBB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Is your neighbors testicles safely atop your mantel in a Mason Jar? If not, why?
UBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:05 PM   #20
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron123 View Post
A PDR expert should be able to make that look as good as new.
Best to thoroughly check their credentials first, you could contact the dealer and see who they use.
There are many youtube videos that show PDR done in that same location.
On the flare body line, looks like the clear coat was scuffed through a bit, is the color coat still intact?
If color coat is still fine then a tiny bit of clear coat might be all that is needed.
Sometimes my kids park in an area in my driveway that is not routine ... and have almost hit their cars; so I understand how that happened.
Real nice Vert, Rally Stripes, Ground Effects, and Caliper color -- looks fantastic on the RS!
Ron
Thank you and to all the others for responding. Hopefully PDR will work, left them a message over 24 hours ago and no call back yet. Hope their skills are better than their customer service!
My neighbor feels like crap and wants to pay for it.
But on the other hand, I am the one that parked it there. Not sure I want to take his money?
Old 05-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #21
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kens ss View Post
Thank you and to all the others for responding. Hopefully PDR will work, left them a message over 24 hours ago and no call back yet. Hope their skills are better than their customer service!
My neighbor feels like crap and wants to pay for it.
But on the other hand, I am the one that parked it there. Not sure I want to take his money?
It looks like you already have a good relationship with your neighbor that he let you park in his driveway. If it were me, I would not take his money.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:49 PM   #22
DFWZ28

Drives: 2010 SS
i agree with JL, sounds like your neighbor tried to help you out by letting you park on his driveway....yea its his fault he hit your car, but he was still trying to help. sounds like a stand up guy.

for you "its just a car" guys, my ss is not a daily driver and will never be. i have my JK jeep for that and the wife and kiddo have their new cars. i really enjoy driving it on sunny days, enjoy that i can keep it pristine...so i can hand over the keys to my grandson when he turns 16. i cant wait to take pics of him w/ his car (my ss) and the camaro i will be driving during that time. one of my wife's friend who are cadillac people, her husband just bought a CTS-v. great car, runs like heck and is a great looking car...so my spouse asked why i dont get one. my response....its a hell of a car, fast, sleek looking....but it does not say CAMARO on the fenders!!!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:42 PM   #23
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
I got a PDR guy in Buffalo who will get that out- best in NY. The guy is out of this world fantastic. He just took two dents in the body line of the passenger door out like they were never there. In for a roadtrip?
Old 05-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #24
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Looks like it should be a paintless repair which is good
Old 05-25-2017, 03:21 PM   #25
Kens ss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS , L99 convertible
UPDATE
took it to a local body shop that came highly recommended by 2 friends. The body shop guy called in his PDR guy. He thought it would be repairable to at least 85%.
Just got a call from him and he said it came out PERFECT!
He said the PDR guy took about 3 times more than the average dent, so the cost is $300.00 plus tax.
Phew! So glad this was repaired without the need of paint work!
I will not be picking it up until morning, so I have not seen it yet.
But I would trust when a body shop owner uses the word PERFECT.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:23 PM   #26
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Glad to hear it came out PERFECT!

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:11 PM   #27
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Right on the body line. A PDR shop won't be able to fix it. I have the same issue.. took a hit to the passenger door right on the long lower body crease...
It sucks.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:16 PM   #28
dramanic

Drives: 2013 ss conv blue ray
that's horrible. I just park mine as far away as possible and hope for the best
dramanic is offline   Reply With Quote