Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #141
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Good poop! The pedal is part of our fine computer controlled vehicles. a "Sensor" picks up the position of the pedal and sends that to another sensor in the throttle body. no linkage, just signals. My pedal may work with it but don't know. May not talk to the throttle body. Stupid computers.

I'm in over my head.

I could do this you say???? Keeps it simple ~ forward = forward, backward = backward


What the hell is a K member?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #142
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
It goes right before the J member dude, dont you member?

Last edited by Dr Jkel; 07-26-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #143
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
just before the LMNOP member?
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #144
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,693
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Good poop! The pedal is part of our fine computer controlled vehicles. a "Sensor" picks up the position of the pedal and sends that to another sensor in the throttle body. no linkage, just signals. My pedal may work with it but don't know. May not talk to the throttle body. Stupid computers.

I'm in over my head.

I could do this you say???? Keeps it simple ~ forward = forward, backward = backward


What the hell is a K member?
k member... hmmm, theres a lot of loaded responses to that one...

J's partner... before the flashy thing was used....

It's the big metal, not medal, thing under the front of the car that the steering components, the suspension components, and the engine bolt to...

Remember, you may need heavier springs in the front to support the extra weight... BMR, Eibach, Pfadt or any of a number of others will happily supply those for a minimal charge...
Attached Images
 
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:04 PM   #145
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
I'm Pfadt~ed already

Ahhh, I see. So, If I found an entire front clip from an SS I would be better off?

I sound all car savvy, lmao
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #146
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,693
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I'm Pfadt~ed already

Ahhh, I see. So, If I found an entire front clip from an SS I would be better off?

I sound all car savvy, lmao
SS Minnow, SS Enterprise???

Check around here and see if the K member is compatible... this whole conversation though humorus, may be for naught if they are the same...

and you know what they say about the Pfadtéd cow...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:13 PM   #147
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
I don't know if anyone's done this. Anytime it's brought up everyone says "Buy an SS." Which to an extent I agree with, however I've grown pretty attached to this car.

I did look at another member's member (Ahhhhh there you go!!! hardy har har) when he busted his sway bar up on his SS and it looked the same to me.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:17 PM   #148
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator
 
SSE 4 2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kyle Tx
Posts: 14,693
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I don't know if anyone's done this. Anytime it's brought up everyone says "Buy an SS." Which to an extent I agree with, however I've grown pretty attached to this car.

I did look at another member's member (Ahhhhh there you go!!! hardy har har) when he busted his sway bar up on his SS and it looked the same to me.
Don't worry about what others say as I'm saying this... go figure...

Check with one of the GM dudes on here that work at the plant, or are on the design team... F-bodfather or Mike J. They'll be able to give you an honest answer. If you want to convert yours, Go for it and enjoy... It might be less money in the long run depending on the trad in value... with all the parts you've added, I'ld probably stick with the same car...

Back later... gotta go see someone... and looking at another members member is just so... so... so wrong on so many levels...
__________________
If the car feels like it is on rails, you are probably driving too slow. -Ross Bentley

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #149
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
I shot a PM to Mike J... Waiting to see what he thinks.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #150
dianeokie
Going places
 
dianeokie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
SS Minnow, SS Enterprise???

Check around here and see if the K member is compatible... this whole conversation though humorus, may be for naught if they are the same...

and you know what they say about the Pfadtéd cow...
Don't know if it's for naught, but it sure sounds naughty!
__________________



"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #151
dianeokie
Going places
 
dianeokie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 4,882
Just to redeem myself...Norm, take a look at this thread...our cars are more awesome than we thought

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160690
__________________



"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #152
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeokie View Post
Just to redeem myself...Norm, take a look at this thread...our cars are more awesome than we thought

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160690
Good read Diane, thanks! I knew the V6 has the FE2 and SS has FE3. What those differences are I'm not sure. Now FE4 is in the works. 2012 models right?

I shot a PM to a vendor here who informed me that I would have to swap the K member, ECM, driveshaft, rear diff and half shafts just to make it work. I think the rear diff and half shafts are the same as the SS since I have the manual transmission. Not exactly sure though. Haven't had a chance to look under both to compare.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #153
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE
 
Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Oxford, Alabama
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Good read Diane, thanks! I knew the V6 has the FE2 and SS has FE3. What those differences are I'm not sure. Now FE4 is in the works. 2012 models right?

I shot a PM to a vendor here who informed me that I would have to swap the K member, ECM, driveshaft, rear diff and half shafts just to make it work. I think the rear diff and half shafts are the same as the SS since I have the manual transmission. Not exactly sure though. Haven't had a chance to look under both to compare.
Hell you won't even hardly ride in an SS, much less drive one," Get Underneath One" Why you think I want a lift.....
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 AM   #154
garcmol


 
garcmol's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ft. Mitchell, Alabama
Posts: 7,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Hell you won't even hardly ride in an SS, much less drive one," Get Underneath One" Why you think I want a lift.....
No doubt. One ride in an SS at 5 mph and 40 feet. The wiki page photo of the rear suspension is a V6. I looked at the pictures of Emma's car with the rear end out of it and I can't see a difference other than the SS rotors.
__________________
Pedders Pace Car Package, Injen CAI, Flowmaster AT, AAC Lighting, ZL1 fascia/skirts, RKSport Ram Air hood, vented fenders, painted stripes (Gary's Customz), Honor and Valor badged (Thank you, John)
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
silver boring? iyam_lorne 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 128 03-27-2010 10:01 PM
Silver stripes on Silver? iyam_lorne 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 9 12-31-2009 10:06 PM
Silver stays top color for vehicles; red, orange rise KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 12 11-13-2009 07:27 PM
Midnight Silver or Polished on Cyber Grey CamaroFan1 Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 10 05-07-2009 06:12 PM
Silver Is Most Popular Car Color KILLER74Z28 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 9 11-03-2006 01:31 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.