Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 05-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #1
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Hennessey HPE750

I am thinking about upgrading to the Hennessy HPE750 package. Has anyone on here upgraded to this? I am also wondering if it is worth shipping my car all the way to Texas for this package? Or are there ZL1 tuners in NC that could install or offer a similar package? Any incite would be appreciated.

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hpzl1up.html
Paladinjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Many GM dealerships are Hennessey approved. There may be one much closer to you than you think! Simple as calling your local GM dealer or just google that shit!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:07 AM   #3
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
I believe your closer to the LPE guys. I would go with Lingenfelter. Just my .02
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #4
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
I am having a performance package done to my car today, by a shop 10 minutes down the street from me. They seem very qualified and skilled. These cars are upgrade friendly, and the people that do performance upgrades seem very familiar with these cars. Do some research, and I am sure you will find a performance shop near you that is very capable of doing what Hennessey. Did. These companies like Hennessey, Lingerfelter, ect.. didn't do anything that someone else cannot duplicate, they just did it first, and made a great name for themselves.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:23 AM   #5
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvici View Post
I am having a performance package done to my car today, by a shop 10 minutes down the street from me. They seem very qualified and skilled. These cars are upgrade friendly, and the people that do performance upgrades seem very familiar with these cars. Do some research, and I am sure you will find a performance shop near you that is very capable of doing what Hennessey. Did. These companies like Hennessey, Lingerfelter, ect.. didn't do anything that someone else cannot duplicate, they just did it first, and made a great name for themselves.
I don't disagree it can't be duplicated. I am just worried about the quality of the work. Cars are not rock science, but when you put your foot on the breaks you want them to work! If the breaks don't work at that point the thought I saved money will be no comfort.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:37 AM   #6
Emvici

Drives: 2014 ZL1 White Convertible
If you can't trust a shop other then Hennessey, then you have your answer.
Emvici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #7
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
I encourage you to talk to Ryan @ RPM in Garner, NC...919-661-RWHP. Great reputation and has done Camaros & ZL1s from all up and down the east coast (including Canada) and did several of the same mods as the Hennesey to mine, no cam yet though! I'm now at 621 RWHP and 620 RWTQ.
Straight shooter and a great bunch of guys there. Tell him I (Dave) sent ya!
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:54 AM   #8
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinjc View Post
I don't disagree it can't be duplicated. I am just worried about the quality of the work. Cars are not rock science, but when you put your foot on the breaks you want them to work! If the breaks don't work at that point the thought I saved money will be no comfort.
By all means, if it's possible, visit the shop and talk with the employees, not just the owner. Ask to see a few of the cars they have done and if possible, talk to the owners of those cars to get their opinions.

Check with the shop to see what guaranties/warranties come with their work.

join a local Camaro club, and talk to the members to see what shops they'd recommend.

Hennessey is but one of many well know speed shops in the country. I think their prices are a bit high, but then again as they say, you get what you pay for.

take your time and check around.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #9
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirebender View Post
I encourage you to talk to Ryan @ RPM in Garner, NC...919-661-RWHP. Great reputation and has done Camaros & ZL1s from all up and down the east coast (including Canada) and did several of the same mods as the Hennesey to mine, no cam yet though! I'm now at 621 RWHP and 620 RWTQ.
Straight shooter and a great bunch of guys there. Tell him I (Dave) sent ya!
Thx man, I will look into them.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #10
wirebender

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, White, sunroof, nav
Quote:
Thx man, I will look into them.
Here ya go:
https://www.facebook.com/RPMmotorspo...ookmarks:hail:
wirebender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #11
SCHUSS
709 RWHP & 677 RWTQ

Drives: 13' HPE 800 ZL1..... IOM vert, M6
I have the HPE700 package. I love what Hennessey did with mine, I would send it to them all over again, no regrets. Yes they are more expensive than the other guy's, but the quality is second to none! They get into the engine and do it right, not just upping the boost, but the supporting mods to make reliable power. I know Devildog on the forum has the 750 package. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #12
Paladinjc
AC Pickles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHUSS View Post
I have the HPE700 package. I love what Hennessey did with mine, I would send it to them all over again, no regrets. Yes they are more expensive than the other guy's, but the quality is second to none! They get into the engine and do it right, not just upping the boost, but the supporting mods to make reliable power. I know Devildog on the forum has the 750 package. PM me if you have any questions.
Question, Do you feel the 700 is enough? Is the 750 over kill? I am looking to maintain daily drive-ability.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:40 PM   #13
SCHUSS
709 RWHP & 677 RWTQ

Drives: 13' HPE 800 ZL1..... IOM vert, M6
Quote:
Question, Do you feel the 700 is enough? Is the 750 over kill? I am looking to maintain daily drive-ability.
Honestly no matter what you go with it's never enough! I love the drive-ability of the 700, I added headers so I'm a little more than the average 700. I love the power level I'm at. I met Devildog and a few other guy's in New England that have other builds that have more power and that's the main reason I want more, it's a power thang. Alas someone will always have more power. I'm not changing though, like I said I love the way it drives and for me in a vert, I can't track it anyway. Like I said PM me if you want.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:34 PM   #14
LEADFUT

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
I have visited Hennessy Performance back in March...I drove 17 hours one way with an appointment, only for the guy to spend 30 Minutes with me! They had a HPE750 ZL1 there, in which they started for me! Sounded great! Before I land on a company that is going to get my 25K I will be checking others out such as LMR and a local. I was not impressed with that meeting and they turned a buyer into a shopper! Good thing about Hennessy though is they offer a warranty with there work and they have been porting heads for these cars so each time they get better at it!
LEADFUT is offline   Reply With Quote