Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-01-2015, 11:14 PM   #617
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
And ...No team has EVER come back from 10 points down to win a SUPERBOWL....until tonight....against the so called # 1 Defense. Your Defense lost that game period.
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #618
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmoothie View Post
What have Lynch use him, who made that play call should be kicked in the nuts. No brainer.
His nickname is literally "Beast Mode" why on God's green earth do they not give it to him???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Should I give the ball to lynch whose been killing it all night, or should I just throw this Super Bowl in the trash...
Seriously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishmic View Post
And ...No team has EVER come back from 10 points down to win a SUPERBOWL....until tonight....against the so called # 1 Defense. Your Defense lost that game period.
I'm not even a huge Seahawks fan but I have to disagree. The Seahawk's defense is what kept them in the game, 2 interceptions. Heck Russel Wilson didn't even complete a single pass until midway through the 2nd quarter! Defense did OK. The stagnant Seahawk offense for the first 25 minutes of the game didn't help, nor did that HORRIBLE play call at the end.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #619
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
His nickname is literally "Beast Mode" why on God's green earth do they not give it to him???

Seriously...

I'm not even a huge Seahawks fan but I have to disagree. The Seahawk's defense is what kept them in the game, 2 interceptions. Heck Russel Wilson didn't even complete a single pass until midway through the 2nd quarter! Defense did OK. The stagnant Seahawk offense for the first 25 minutes of the game didn't help, nor did that HORRIBLE play call at the end.
What Irishmic is trying to say is that since the Seahawks had a record for the last 5 games of shutting down the opponents in the last 2 quarters, they failed in their mission to keep Brady & co. from scoring any points in that 2nd half...thus the Legion of Boom ended up being the Legion of Gloom

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #620
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
What Irishmic is trying to say is that since the Seahawks had a record for the last 5 games of shutting down the opponents in the last 2 quarters, they failed in their mission to keep Brady & co. from scoring any points in that 2nd half...thus the Legion of Boom ended up being the Legion of Gloom
Perhaps, but the Patriots average points per game in 2014 post season was 36. The Seahawks defense allowed them to score 28 points, thus forcing the Patriots to function below their post season average, from an offensive production point of view. Furthermore they intercepted the Patriot's when they were going to score at least 3 points, if not 7. Like I mentioned already, it was the Seahawk's defense that kept them in the game. If you can't complete a pass in the first ~25 minutes of game play things usually are pretty darn ugly and I know, I'm a Bears fan So to say it was the defense that lost the game is foolish.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #621
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Perhaps, but the Patriots average points per game in 2014 post season was 36. The Seahawks defense allowed them to score 28 points, thus forcing the Patriots to function below their post season average, from an offensive production point of view. Furthermore they intercepted the Patriot's when they were going to score at least 3 points, if not 7. Like I mentioned already, it was the Seahawk's defense that kept them in the game. If you can't complete a pass in the first ~25 minutes of game play things usually are pretty darn ugly and I know, I'm a Bears fan So to say it was the defense that lost the game is foolish.
The Seahawks defense did not live up to the hype from some of the fans thinking that the vaunted Seahawk defense would shut down the Patriots in the second half as they had in their previous 5 games, including the playoffs. To give up 2 touchdowns in the last quarter is a big fail in my book for a defense. The Patriot defense stepped up and shut down the Seahawks when they needed to

Old 02-02-2015, 01:33 PM   #622
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #623
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:14 PM   #624
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
About the last playcall.

Listened to Carroll this morning (probably from his press conference last night), and I don't really have a problem with the play he called. Sounds like he had planned to run twice after that. Butler did make an outstanding play there though.

Though unlikely, maybe the Patriots could have stuffed us 3 times in a row. From the stands, I did see them stacking the line...so the pass didn't really surprise me at the time. Bad result, and you'll get people that don't understand match ups complaining that we should have done the predictable. It is what it is.

Seahawks were awesome this year, and if I could have made it back in time...I would attend the rallys there. Instead, I'm heading back to North Carolina.

One good thing to come out of this is...I guess I can move back to Seattle. If we had won, it would have meant that my moving away would have given us 2 rings. I couldn't have moved back then!
Old 02-02-2015, 03:32 PM   #625
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
...and not one mention of pass interference
I also thought Brady could have been called for a false start on the offsides call right after that.
Old 02-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #626
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
The Seahawks defense did not live up to the hype from some of the fans thinking that the vaunted Seahawk defense would shut down the Patriots in the second half as they had in their previous 5 games, including the playoffs. To give up 2 touchdowns in the last quarter is a big fail in my book for a defense. The Patriot defense stepped up and shut down the Seahawks when they needed to
Sorry, I agree with the previous poster who said the defense kept Seattle in the game. Seattle's offense ate up very little clock time due to a lot of 3 and out series'. New England's offense usually got the ball back within a couple minutes of their last possession, and ended up with a 7 minute time of possession difference.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 05:24 PM   #627
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Sorry, I agree with the previous poster who said the defense kept Seattle in the game. Seattle's offense ate up very little clock time due to a lot of 3 and out series'. New England's offense usually got the ball back within a couple minutes of their last possession, and ended up with a 7 minute time of possession difference.
Oh so I guess giving up two touchdowns in the last quarter doesn't mean a thing.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:04 PM   #628
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Oh so I guess giving up two touchdowns in the last quarter doesn't mean a thing.
It does. So does Seattle going 3 and out, 3 and out, then throwing an interception to end the game as their total offensive output in the 4th quarter.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:27 PM   #629
Irishmic

Drives: 2014
Seattle's defense ran out of gas in the 4th quarter(also known as the Championship round)...so now The Leigon Of Gloom goes into the Superbowl record book,as the only team in Superbowl history to have a 10 point lead after 3 quarters and puke on their shoes ..( Almost Manning Like ).
Irishmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:35 PM   #630
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
This thread could use some pie...
Attached Images

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote