Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
Boomer Sooner
Banned

Drives: my girlfriend nuts
Aerosmith/ZZ Top

A buddy of mine just picked up our tickets to see them. They will be playing here sometime in May.

I've yet to see either band, and can't wait. I think it will be a badass show! I like both bands, but am really excited to see the long haired, long bearded, beer swiggin "Tres Amigos", ZZ Top!

Anyone one else seen either Aerosmith or ZZ Top in concert? If so, how was it? What did you think?
Boomer Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
My granddad saw them in 1905 in Atlanta.

JK, Both great bands and from what I hear still put on a great show. Rock never gets old.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
I hope Aerosmith is going to be playing Rock and Roll for men who grew up in the '70s and '80s, instead of pop for teenage girls who grew up in the late '90s and 2000s...I'd hate to think of that stuff being played in the same show as ZZ Top.
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I hope Aerosmith is going to be playing Rock and Roll for men who grew up in the '70s and '80s, instead of pop for teenage girls who grew up in the late '90s and 2000s...I'd hate to think of that stuff being played in the same show as ZZ Top.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
Boomer Sooner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
My granddad saw them in 1905 in Atlanta.

JK, Both great bands and from what I hear still put on a great show. Rock never gets old.
They are old but they can still rock!

Very true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
That is exactly what I was thinking! I hope they play Rock N Roll. I'm itchin to hear "Sweet Emotion", "Dream On", as well as others. Anytime I hear or am listening to "Sweet Emotion" the first thought that pops in my head is the intro/beginning of "Dazed and Confused". That movie is a classic.

This reason(fear of hearing teenage girly pop music instead of pure Rock N Roll), is why I'm more excited to see ZZ Top. ZZ Top is pure Rock N Roll. They are just three rockin dudes. Never have to worry about hearing teeny bop pop music coming from their guitars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Old 04-30-2009, 05:59 AM   #6
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
my dad got to see zz top play at a back yard birthday party because he was dating the drummers daughter and it was her 16th birthday, back when he was in highschool, he said the police showed up cuz a neighbor called for the noise but they just stayed and joined the party
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:29 PM   #7
Boomer Sooner
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
my dad got to see zz top play at a back yard birthday party because he was dating the drummers daughter and it was her 16th birthday, back when he was in highschool, he said the police showed up cuz a neighbor called for the noise but they just stayed and joined the party
That's cool about your dad.

My dad has seen them numerous times. Both ZZ Top and Aerosmith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
I saw ZZ Top in concert back in 2003. Something about a bunch of old guys in beards singing 'Buck Naked' that is pretty funny and the only guy without a beard is named Frank Beard. It was a good show, imo. Would definately go again.
Cool.