Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #659
Flynbyu

Drives: 2008 Corvette/2001 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by scifisteve View Post
Bruce Titus Chevrolet In Tacoma Wa.
Trying to get $12000.00 over MSRP on their second (adjusted market value tag)on a 2lt RS auto no sunroof.
Salesmen very smug and act like they have the only one in the world.
I told them , Dealers like them are why the auto industry is in such bad shape.
They would rather stab someone for thousands over then pat themselves on the back for what they have done.
There are much better dealers in our area than this one.
Dealerships are NOT the reason the auto industry is in such bad shape now. You can thank the deregulation of lending guidelines. Those guidelines were supposed to help people buy homes (it helped me build and buy my home in 2000 as a first time home buyer), but it it was a powder keg waiting to explode in markets where housing is overpriced. Consumers were able to purchase more home without verification of income, jobs, and assets. People making $4000 per month shouldn't be buying $500,000+ homes....but they were. Those that purchased homes on adjustable rate mortgages were also part of the problem too. As the market changed, so did the rate based on LIBOR. That caused those ARM's to skyrocket.There have been more foreclosures since 2004 than any other time in history.....those guidelines have hurt more than it helped. Now, investors are not investing in the bond market where the basis of those funds originate. Money from those bonds also fund consumer loans for autos, recreational merchandise, and personal loans. Compound that with outrageous labor and benefits auto makers provide and it doesn't take long for an auto maker to go broke. It only took Chrysler and GM 90 days. Ford was smart and sold off a few brands (Aston Martin, Jaguar, and Land Rover) and mortgaged everything. That has helped them to weather the storm, but too many big losses for them will hurt their portfolio and stock value. They might need some money if the economy doesn't rebound within 12 months.

No credit for customers buying cars, no cars sold at the dealerships = No orders for cars from dealers. 1 out of every ten jobs in the US are tied into the auto industry in some way, shape or form. If the auto industry fails, it would have a huge impact on our nation and abroad.

There are still people buying the Camaro regardless of the price. I would say 90% of the Camaros purchased to date have been over MSRP. As I've said before, you're going to see more and more over sticker due to lack of supply and the small margin the dealership has when selling the car. Margins on the Camaro are less than 4%.

I'm ready for America to get rolling again......how about you? I hope it turns around soon for all of us.

Enjoy your Camaro,

~Brian

Last edited by Flynbyu; 05-06-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Flynbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #660
Yenko

Drives: Yenko Camaro
There are still people buying the Camaro regardless of the price. I would say 90% of the Camaros purchased to date have been over MSRP. As I've said before, you're going to see more and more over sticker due to lack of supply and the small margin the dealership has when selling the car. Margins on the Camaro are less than 4%.

TRUE TRUE AND TRUE..that is why people that do not want to pay the premium are tweaked. they are just pissed that they cannot go into the dealer and beat them up. When the dealers supply across the country on all models gets smaller the "blowout deals" will be a thing of the past.

When 40% of the dealerships are going to close. The other one's left standing will be able to be profitable. and they should be.

like all business's they deserve that..And if they are built in America and the money stays here.I say GOOD

If not go buy a Honda or a Toyota..They mark up cars even more when in limited supply.
Yenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #661
anxiouss

Drives: 2SS Blk on Blk w/CBG Stripes
I just left my dealer here in Mesa, AZ and they wouldn't tell me how much of a mark-up they are going to put on. When I placed the original order, my sales rep said they would charge $500.00 to $1000.00. It sounds like now they are drooling over the fact that another local dealer has tacked on a $12,000.00 mark up. I'm waiting (not so patiently) for my car. It was scheduled to arrive 5/6/09, but has been bayed.

Dealer Name: Brown and Brown Chevrolet
Dealer location: Mesa, AZ
Dealer phone number: 480-833-3456
Dealer website: brownandbrownchevy.com
anxiouss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #662
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
It might be time to start looking at something else. It's called greed and as long as people pay for it, it will continue.

Last edited by Fightinfire921; 05-06-2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: smiley
Fightinfire921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #663
Flynbyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenko View Post

TRUE TRUE AND TRUE..that is why people that do not want to pay the premium are tweaked. they are just pissed that they cannot go into the dealer and beat them up. When the dealers supply across the country on all models gets smaller the "blowout deals" will be a thing of the past.

When 40% of the dealerships are going to close. The other one's left standing will be able to be profitable. and they should be.

like all business's they deserve that..And if they are built in America and the money stays here.I say GOOD

If not go buy a Honda or a Toyota..They mark up cars even more when in limited supply.
Capitalism at it's finest.

With less than a 4% margin on this car, there won't be much "wiggle room" on the car when they are plentiful.

With that being said, I kinda want to bust some Grady the Badger out. I love these commercials.

Link:

~Brian
Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #664
Flynbyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast SS View Post
GM is going down the toilet but Dealerships still want to price the Camaro into Corvette territory with dealer markups....check out this email I just got! But hey, I get $1 oil changes....LMFAO!

BTW, I told him I was sure I could find a dealer willing to do MSRP.
Just buy a Corvette!

0-60 in 4 seconds, 0-100 in 9.5 seconds, and 190mph top speed!

Plenty of good deals on Corvettes out there. I've even seen a few brand new 2009 six speed 1LT's just below the $40K mark.

~Brian
Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #665
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynbyu View Post
There are still people buying the Camaro regardless of the price. I would say 90% of the Camaros purchased to date have been over MSRP.
Source?
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #666
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouss View Post
I just left my dealer here in Mesa, AZ and they wouldn't tell me how much of a mark-up they are going to put on. When I placed the original order, my sales rep said they would charge $500.00 to $1000.00. It sounds like now they are drooling over the fact that another local dealer has tacked on a $12,000.00 mark up. I'm waiting (not so patiently) for my car. It was scheduled to arrive 5/6/09, but has been bayed.

Dealer Name: Brown and Brown Chevrolet
Dealer location: Mesa, AZ
Dealer phone number: 480-833-3456
Dealer website: brownandbrownchevy.com
If you placed your order without getting their pricing in writing, you're kind of at their mercy. I hope they turn out to be trustworthy folks.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #667
Flynbyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Source?
No source.

Our store received five allocations, plus the one everyone should have had by May 6th. We were told we would only receive five for 2009. All of those are pre-sold with the exception being one of our orders. The customer found one before his was delivered for $2500 over sticker in his hometown. We refunded his deposit, no questions asked.

I have not heard of a dealership in my three state region that will sell a Camaro for sticker. That's the basis of my 90% statement. If you can find one for sticker, you better buy it....and if you can buy two you better get that one too. As I said in a previous post, you would be better off ordering one if you can wait....If you can't wait, expect to pay a little more.

Enjoy your Camaro,

~Brian

Last edited by Flynbyu; 05-06-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #668
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I just checked out the first one to come in to my local dealer, Midway in Phoenix. V6 LT marked up to $38,157.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #669
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
Johnny Londoff, Florissant ,MO - -$4000 over MSRP - -and proud.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #670
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I agree that I have no respect for gouging dealers but at least they're honest about it. Another type of scum are the dealers that promised multiple customers employee pricing to get them to order cars but 6 months later refuse to honor their commitment, like Nucar Chevrolet in Wilmington DE. At least they are charging sticker (plus their usual fees).
They thought I'd stay with them by telling me I'd be at the back of another dealers list if I left and were shocked when I canceled anyway. I've waited 6 months already. An extra month isn't going to kill me and I don't like dealing with dishonest people. Employee pricing is available at more than one other local dealer in the area.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #671
Iheartcamaro

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS
Unhappy Bittersweet news

Hello everyone!!! I just registered on this forum, but have been following up on my Camaro news through here. I have anxiously been awaiting for the Camaro for over a year and a half now. I pre-ordered my camaro back in October and just found out that my car should be arriving in 1-2 weeks!!! It's awesome news, however, my dealer wants to mark up above msrp-$10,000! I'm at fault for not getting anything in writing, but i absolutely loooove the car that i ordered, it's almost here, but thats just too much money for a V6 2LT w/RS package, sunroof and black leather interior! Sorry guys, just needed to vent, I know you all would understand the dilemma im in. The thought of giving the car that I ordered to my licking up and someone else enjoying it kills me!!! What do you all recommend?
Iheartcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:09 AM   #672
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iheartcamaro View Post
Hello everyone!!! I just registered on this forum, but have been following up on my Camaro news through here. I have anxiously been awaiting for the Camaro for over a year and a half now. I pre-ordered my camaro back in October and just found out that my car should be arriving in 1-2 weeks!!! It's awesome news, however, my dealer wants to mark up above msrp-$10,000! I'm at fault for not getting anything in writing, but i absolutely loooove the car that i ordered, it's almost here, but thats just too much money for a V6 2LT w/RS package, sunroof and black leather interior! Sorry guys, just needed to vent, I know you all would understand the dilemma im in. The thought of giving the car that I ordered to my licking up and someone else enjoying it kills me!!! What do you all recommend?
Which dealer is this?

You could always call around to all the dealers in your area and see if any of them are selling their v6 demo car after today. You might find the model you ordered for MSRP or at least a less than $10k markup.