Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #85
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonistic View Post
Yea.... whoever stole your car looks like they got what they had coming. Looking at the picture of the windshield... Looks like something skull shaped smacked the inside of it real good....
I hope the thief enjoyed their windshield taste test.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #86
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Wow, hard to believe the op is being called out for insurance fraud simply because he lost his keys. He can't remember when he last had them. Who cares where he was or what he was doing? Pretty low standards some have. I'm upside down on my car as well so the fact that I drive it through the winter must mean I want someone to nail me, write the car off and go after insurance. good grief that's lame.

Op, that really sucks about your car, SG is my fave color (besides IOM), sounds like you had a lot into it!! Hopefully insurance sorts you out and gets you back in a cool ride soon!!
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #87

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I wouldn't commit insurance fraud unless I knew it would pay off the entire debt I was trying to get out of....Destroy a car and still owe money on it after insurance? (Like the OP still owes?)
....Not very smart fraud in my book...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:54 PM   #88
BluePhoenix

Drives: GMC Sierra AT4
No point in being depressed & not wanting to be on the forum's. To have that attitude is giving whomever stole the car exactly what they want. In the end it's just a car & there are plenty others out there. I myself would probably be too heartbroken to buy an exact duplicate of what I had if it was a special edition car like that but I'd definitely buy another Camaro and make the most of it and enjoy it the same. Several people here lost cars that they loved & had a lot of time, effort, and money into and in the end that didn't deter them from buying another 5th gen to replace it and making it a new chapter.

WTB - 2010 Camaro 1SS or 2SS, Aqua Blue Metallic, A6
BluePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #89
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Sounds like you misplaced the keys when you were drunk and went driving, crashed it, ran away and took a nap and claimed someone stole it and crashed it. Oddly enough i know someone who did this and the insurance paid for a new car......
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #90
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
Sounds like you misplaced the keys when you were drunk and went driving, crashed it, ran away and took a nap and claimed someone stole it and crashed it. Oddly enough i know someone who did this and the insurance paid for a new car......
+1
Old 10-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #91
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
That is really sad. I never comment on the wrecked car posts, but yours is sadder than many because it is green, the best color they ever made and now discontinued. I hope you can find another one that you like just as much.

This may offend a few folks, but I hope the thief didn't survive the wreck without some serious injuries.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #92
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
This may offend a few folks, but I hope the thief didn't survive the wreck without some serious injuries.
It has been established the car was unoccupied when discovered by the police.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:17 AM   #93
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
It has been established the car was unoccupied when discovered by the police.
How do we know OP isn't the one who crashed it? Maybe he even made this thread as an alibi or a coverup
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #94
RedRaven

Drives: 2012 2SS M6 CRT
How many TV shows have shown people being arrested after joyriding in a bait-car that had the keys left in it? I believe most states hold that even if you pick the keys up from the street next to the parked car & drive off with it,... IT'S THEFT!

Doesn't belong to you? No permission to drive? Don't do it! ILLEGAL!

First real car: 1968 Malibu, '67 283, Canary yellow
RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:18 PM   #95
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaven View Post
How many TV shows have shown people being arrested after joyriding in a bait-car that had the keys left in it? I believe most states hold that even if you pick the keys up from the street next to the parked car & drive off with it,... IT'S THEFT!

Doesn't belong to you? No permission to drive? Don't do it! ILLEGAL!
It can happen. A few years ago I dropped my keys in the parking lot of the Arizona Fairgrounds. It was pouring down rain and real windy and a gust of wind blew the parking permit off my dash. I guess when I grabbed for it I dropped my keys. A couple hours later I noticed I didn't have them, returned to the parking lot and found my car was still there but the security box was unlocked and my Glock 19 was missing. When I called the police to report it no one accused me of being an idiot, incompetent, or anything else. He said I was lucky I got back to my car before they came back for it. People are being a little tough on the this guy, don't you think.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #96
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
How do we know OP isn't the one who crashed it? Maybe he even made this thread as an alibi or a coverup
Possible of course but the OP claims he was unaware of the theft and crash until the police contacted him. According to the OP, the police eliminated him as the driver since he wasn't injured.
Interesting there are no further posts by mc_acoustic.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #97
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
I will leave my comments for a later date !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:49 PM   #98
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Possible of course but the OP claims he was unaware of the theft and crash until the police contacted him. According to the OP, the police eliminated him as the driver since he wasn't injured.
Interesting there are no further posts by mc_acoustic.
Off course not
The FIFTH comes to mind ,
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote