Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 06-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #29
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
I wish I had the OP's problem.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:47 AM   #30
dkg11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
if your spending over 100k on a car why is an old merci even in the mix to be honest? they are not the most reliable car, hell i would throw in a used ferrari over that anyday. you could get a camaro and make it one of a kind, you could get a GT-R, nice 911, new jag, new lexus F series or even an m3... serious question how are these your two options it just doesnt make sense
Custom tune by Bob Morreale www.thetuningschool.com
QTP Electronic Exhaust cut-outs
12'' Alpine type R with 1500watts double ported box
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
dkg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:29 AM   #31
No Excuses
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Because Lambos look badass either way. New or old. Heck I seen a 85' Lambo Countach the other day with manual roll down windows and I would own that over some newer ones anyday.
No Excuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:50 AM   #32
Ray_Cam_SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
I love the idea of owning a Murcie but I'm leaning towards the ZL1 out of convenience only because I would hate to tow a Murcie two hours to a major city for repairs. Very few Shops can work on these vehicles and the ZL1 has more upgrade parts available, and any Chevy Dealer can make repairs. I called around today looking for a qualified mechanic, nothing. I live in Daytona.
Ray_Cam_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:32 AM   #33
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Cam_SS View Post
I love the idea of owning a Murcie but I'm leaning towards the ZL1 out of convenience only because I would hate to tow a Murcie two hours to a major city for repairs. Very few Shops can work on these vehicles and the ZL1 has more upgrade parts available, and any Chevy Dealer can make repairs. I called around today looking for a qualified mechanic, nothing. I live in Daytona.
How again did you end up with the ZL1 as the only second option to the Murcie? Repairs cant be the only thing on the table. I cant imagine most Lambo owners driving them that often let alone being worried about tow (hopefully flat bed) costs when you are looking at 10k for a clutch alone. Unless after you buy the car all the money saved up for it is gone...in that case dont even look at a Lambo.

If your dream car has been the Lambo and you can afford maintaining it then get one....if not the Murcielago then get a Gallardo since they are a lot more reliable in require less maintenance.

Still would like to know all the options considered.
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #34
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
And the doors go up! Both things of which cant be purchased for a ZL1 off of ebay lol!

This thread cant be real anymore. I should thread jack and ask if I should buy a used Pagani Zonda or new Z28
Sir, that would be a Z/28, hands down.

Back on topic though, OP if the Lambo is your dream car and you can afford to buy two of them, go for it. I wouldn't worry about getting it to a shop that's only 2 hours away, heck talk to them, they may even have carriers that they work with that will take great care in transporting it .

Now back to the being able to afford 2, most likely over the life of the Lambo, you will spend what you paid for it in maintenance and repairs so just make sure you can afford two of them.

A Lambo was my dream car, that is until the Z/28 came out . A couple of years ago I found a nice used one I thought I could afford, but once researching the repairs and maintenance, buying the car would have been the cheap part.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 06-04-2014 at 10:24 AM.
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #35
Burn Notice24

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Neither. I don't like that Lambo and I wouldn't buy a ZL1 if I had that much to spend on a car. I would keep looking if I were you.
Burn Notice24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:35 PM   #36
djpelosi

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If you've got money to spend and you're wanting a nice fast car with easy access to dealerships, why go with a ZL1? They are heavy and slow for the money you pay for it. If you can afford the cheese, get the Murci!. What's the reasoning for choosing the ZL1? Want 4 doors and more room? Just like the ZL1 in general? I'd say buy a C6 Z06 or C7 Stingray if you're ok with 2 door cars since you were thinking about the Lambo.
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Best Time: 12.43 @ 114, 1.99 60' on stock wheels and stock tires
Build Thread
djpelosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #37
Dwarfey

Drives: 2011 1LT A/T Black w/ Red Stripes
If you want an exotic, but don't want to have to go to a super specialized shop cause engineers make it 'complicated'. Consider a car that is build a little more mechanic friendly.

I'd also consider: Aston Martin's V8/12 Vantage or the DB9, Porsche's 911 GT3 or Panamera Turbo, Jaguar's F-type w/ SCed V8, Chevy's Z06 Stingray or Z/28 Camaro, Nissan's GTR.

Now I'm not sure if Maclaren is super difficult to work on but the MP4-12C looks good, or the incoming 650S is like a baby P1

The Murci hold a special place, but its the maintenance that kills you, not the sticker price. If you can find a guy, do it. Or look into a Gallardo/ new Huracan if your feeling feisty.
-MRT v2.0 Exhaust -Painted Red Racing Stripes -Volant Cold Air Intake -Painted Red Interior Accents -Anzo Projector Headlights w/ Oracle White/Red Halos -Black Bowties -Rockford Fosgate 10" Sub w/ 1000W Kenwood Amp
-ZL1 Spoiler - Gloss Black Powder-coated 20" SS Wheels
Dwarfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #38
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Rent a Lambo and then it will be easier to decide after that. I have driven 2 of them and enjoyed them completely but would not OWN one due to the high cost of ownership, Insurance, maintenance, and repairs OMG!!! Super fun to drive (like you stole it) for a few hours. Take a few pix and have plenty of memories to share. JMO.

http://www.dxlus.com/
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #39
dkg11

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
check out the new vettes! or even Z28...im sure droppping a turbo in a Z28 would be fun too.
Custom tune by Bob Morreale www.thetuningschool.com
QTP Electronic Exhaust cut-outs
12'' Alpine type R with 1500watts double ported box
Tinted windows
392RWHP on Mustang Dyno
dkg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:57 PM   #40
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingr69 View Post
Rent a Lambo and then it will be easier to decide after that. I have driven 2 of them and enjoyed them completely but would not OWN one due to the high cost of ownership, Insurance, maintenance, and repairs OMG!!! Super fun to drive (like you stole it) for a few hours. Take a few pix and have plenty of memories to share. JMO.

http://www.dxlus.com/
neighbor has lambo gallardo
he's owned it 5 years and it's cost him exactly 8k to maintain it over the last 5 years. it's basically an audi and not that bad at all. he has an 08 spyder
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #41
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarfey View Post
If you want an exotic, but don't want to have to go to a super specialized shop cause engineers make it 'complicated'. Consider a car that is build a little more mechanic friendly.

I'd also consider: Aston Martin's V8/12 Vantage or the DB9, Porsche's 911 GT3 or Panamera Turbo, Jaguar's F-type w/ SCed V8, Chevy's Z06 Stingray or Z/28 Camaro, Nissan's GTR.

Now I'm not sure if Maclaren is super difficult to work on but the MP4-12C looks good, or the incoming 650S is like a baby P1

The Murci hold a special place, but its the maintenance that kills you, not the sticker price. If you can find a guy, do it. Or look into a Gallardo/ new Huracan if your feeling feisty.
love my panamera turbo and it's much faster than a ZL1 but it's not an exotic "per se"
vantage are slow and lot's of electric gremlins. the new jag is sweet! as well as the new vette
i'd still look for a nice gallardo if you want true "exotic" and the rockstar feeling wherever you go.
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #42
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
This can't be a serious thread.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote