Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #169
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PercyJWellingtonIII View Post
======================
That intergrated exhaust port will blow away any type of headers you will ever put on it. It also reduces weight and leaves more space.
Then why don't the V8 engines have them if the are so much better? Why don't they use them on racing engines? Because they are for cost savings and fuel efficiency, not power. Just ask lotus.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:51 AM   #170
blaSSt

Drives: 98 SS, 15 COPO, 09 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamous209 View Post
umm u realize the ls1's had all the same power of 350hp right? it was just rated lower on paper for insurance purposes and gm didnt want the camaro to have same power rating as the vette.
Incorrect.

During LS1 production camshafts changed, exhaust manifolds changed, intakes changed. Early LS1's had much less power than later ones. Ratings had to do with configuration, not insurance.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #171
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
So let me see... Some of you guys are ok with not being able to install shorty's or long tube headers just for 15-20 more horse from the factory?
I completely understand what you are saying but what are we currently getting with a full bolt on right now with our LLT? Catback, intake, and long tube is only good for about 25-30 wheel hp top before a tune and before going FI.
I bet its probably possible to see that number and maybe even more with just a e85 tune if indeed camaro do come out with the new LFX engine for the 2012. Now I don't know if they will have the same bosch ECU like our current generation does but even if is the same I bet there will be way more tuning option for LFX than our LLT.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:54 AM   #172
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
I completely understand what you are saying but what are we currently getting with a full bolt on right now with our LLT? Catback, intake, and long tube is only good for about 25-30 wheel hp top before a tune and before going FI.
I bet its probably possible to see that number and maybe even more with just a e85 tune if indeed camaro do come out with the new LFX engine for the 2012. Now I don't know if they will have the same bosch ECU like our current generation does but even if is the same I bet there will be way more tuning option for LFX than our LLT.
According to the specs before they took them down they have changed the brand of the ECU. I'm wondering if it can be used on the LLT.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #173
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
According to the specs before they took them down they have changed the brand of the ECU. I'm wondering if it can be used on the LLT.
Maybe this is another reason why current tuners are not really messing with the LLT ecu, I know in the past HPtuners didn't even want to touch the bosch on the caddy and our camaro according to their forum.
Maybe the LFX is really coming for 2012 and is more than just a rumor. If I was a tuner I know I woudn't put any money onto the current bosch knowing that a new ecu is coming for 2012 and its probably easier to tune and over top of that its e85. Coming from Sti and cobb's e85 tuning, I know the new LFX is going to be a good player in the game, at least better than the current LLT.
Regardless, I wish I would have known about this
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #174
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Maybe this is another reason why current tuners are not really messing with the LLT ecu, I know in the past HPtuners didn't even want to touch the bosch on the caddy and our camaro according to their forum.
Maybe the LFX is really coming for 2012 and is more than just a rumor. If I was a tuner I know I woudn't put any money onto the current bosch knowing that a new ecu is coming for 2012 and its probably easier to tune and over top of that its e85. Coming from Sti and cobb's e85 tuning, I know the new LFX is going to be a good player in the game, at least better than the current LLT.
Regardless, I wish I would have known about this
Its most likely is why a lot of the tuners dropped. It make sense. I wonder why the Bosch one is so bad? I've never looked at an ECU's code so I have no idea.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:06 AM   #175
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Holy cow! Those are some damned good numbers! My 4th gen is gonna have to keep its guard up!

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:08 AM   #176
nak3dsnake

I wonder how much better in would do after porting that integrated manifold?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:40 PM   #177
FC_GIBB

Drives: 2012 Impala LTZ
Quote:
Here's the 3.0 with the integrated exhaust port.

Slap a turbo on both sides and were in business!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "'The United States of America", for an amount "up to, and including my life". That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it.
FC_GIBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #178
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Can wait for some one to run e85 and a shot of nitrous, a 11 second pass was made with a guy runing 81 oct and a shot of Nos, dam
Old 05-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #179
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC_GIBB View Post
Slap a turbo on both sides and were in business!

Also people are going to run straight pipes with high flow casts so ther will be an after market for exaust
Old 05-28-2011, 05:05 AM   #180
CAMAR0
Loose is Fast!

Drives: Mikes Hard Lemons
The released dyno numbers are for 87 octane. i'd expect +11hp and +13ftlb when running e85 (if still compatible) based on other dyno charts (334hp 291lbft). Only downside is filling up 40% sooner.
CAMAR0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #181
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
You never want to tip your HP hand all at once. Glad to see GM is once again and as per usual going to make Ford play catch up in the HP wars.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #182
JWoj3540

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Check out this video if you haven't already seen it:

http://www.ca.autoblog.com/2011/05/1...wer/#continued

Provides great visuals and explanation of how the LFX integrated the exhaust manifold into the cylinder head. I was planning on getting a 2012 V6, but am now second guessing because I can't throw some headers on it :( Anyone else share this disappointment? Although the video boasts improved air flow, I'm assuming it still won't match the air you can force out with headers??
JWoj3540 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012 camaro, 2012 chevrolet camaro, 2012 chevy camaro, camaro lfx, camaro lfx engine, camaro lfx motor, camaro v6, gm lfx, gm lfx engine, gm lfx motor, lfx engine, lfx motor, new camaro v6, new camaro v6 engine, new v6 camaro engine, v6 camaro