Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #379
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C CamaroSS View Post
I started a thread in the suspension section asking this, but maybe I'll get more responses here. The rear lower control arms are fairly "cheap" at under $40 each. I'm installing the Pedders Solution B sway bar kit & Street 1 kit on my 2010 "SS". Would I benefit from upgrading to the 2012 rear lower control arms? I know GM improved the design, but would I be opening a can of worms?

After looking at the posted list, I'll have upgraded my OE suspension parts to Pedders or better/improved GM parts so I should have the handling characteristics of the 1LE

And thanks for posting the part number for the rear lower control arms toehead93.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Unless you get the newer style sway bars to go with the newer arms you will see zero benefit running newer arms with the old style sways.
Quote:
I'm a little confused now bannonm . OK I get the 2012 rear LCA (#20942237) and then to get the very best results, up grade my Solution B order to the ZL1 Zway bar Z kit? And buy the Pedders rear lower control arm inner & rear upper control arm bushings for the complete Pedder rear end experience?
Already answered, but yes.

Here's a quick pic to show you the FE5 set up on my SS.
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #380
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
How come that rear sway bar looks different then the one I'm looking to buy? Its for a 2010/2011 Camaro conversation to the ZL1 sway bars? Are the ends different because of the difference in the rear lower control arms? I like your set up better!
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #381
ZooDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Looks like a Peddlers system.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
ZooDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:11 AM   #382
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
How come that rear sway bar looks different then the one I'm looking to buy? Its for a 2010/2011 Camaro conversation to the ZL1 sway bars? Are the ends different because of the difference in the rear lower control arms? I like your set up better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooDad View Post
Looks like a Peddlers system.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
It's the new 2012 LCA's with the FE5 Pedders bar.

I can't say it enough....I LOVE MY SET UP!

My only issues are wheels and gears...and then I'll be set.

But...BACK TO THE GEARS!

Higgs! Need some help!!!

Old 09-18-2012, 04:32 AM   #383
Big C CamaroSS

I sent Deb an email last night trying to give as much info on what I wanted to buy and I said "Check with Pete....its the same system TAG UR IT had installed on his Camaro". I called it the FE5/ZL1 system and said I would buy the newer upgraded LCA's, so I think I have it covered.

Remember I placed an order for the Solution B sway bars, so I'm scrambling to try to cancel that and order this package instead. Tick Performance has been very very helpful and I asked Pete for a favor when I placed my order and the service from him and Deb has been mind blowing!!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #384
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
I sent Deb an email last night trying to give as much info on what I wanted to buy and I said "Check with Pete....its the same system TAG UR IT had installed on his Camaro". I called it the FE5/ZL1 system and said I would buy the newer upgraded LCA's, so I think I have it covered.

Remember I placed an order for the Solution B sway bars, so I'm scrambling to try to cancel that and order this package instead. Tick Performance has been very very helpful and I asked Pete for a favor when I placed my order and the service from him and Deb has been mind blowing!!
Dude...Pete and Deb are BEYOND "good" customer service. I can promise you that you will get taken care of and will get exactly what you need. That other order will get taken care of as well. You are gonna LOVE IT!

Oh...and I have the LCA bushes too. Swwweeeet set up. Now. I just need mah wheels!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #385
Big C CamaroSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Dude...Pete and Deb are BEYOND "good" customer service. I can promise you that you will get taken care of and will get exactly what you need. That other order will get taken care of as well. You are gonna LOVE IT!

Oh...and I have the LCA bushes too. Swwweeeet set up. Now. I just need mah wheels!
I am experiencing that good+ customer service right now! Really, providing good customer service is 99% common sense, but that is severely lacking today. Pete just sent me a PM with an answer to a question I had. So far I can not say enough good things about my experience and that includes Joey at Tick Performance!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #386
Big C CamaroSS

And by wheels, you mean the black ZL1 wheels, just gpo to one of several GM parts websites, order 4 rims, cover your eyes when the total comes up, and hit "pay now". Wheels are done .

The 1LE rims are nice, but not $3600 nice
Old 09-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #387
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Before you drop that kind of coin on a set of ZL1 wheels which will limit your choice of tires, stayed tuned as I am working with Forgeline Wheels to fit 19x11 rims all around. This will expand your tire choices for track and slalom use.

Quote:
And by wheels, you mean the black ZL1 wheels, just gpo to one of several GM parts websites, order 4 rims, cover your eyes when the total comes up, and hit "pay now". Wheels are done .

The 1LE rims are nice, but not $3600 nice
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #388
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Oh Lord...what to do now...lol

I'm searching out blem ZL1 black wheels. That "ohmigosh" price could be cut in half. I just have to be patient.

.....and ....of that, I have NONE!

I'm going to hold out for a bit. But, if that deal comes along for some blems, I'm jumping on them and will let you guys know
Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 AM   #389
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
Before you drop that kind of coin on a set of ZL1 wheels which will limit your choice of tires, stayed tuned as I am working with Forgeline Wheels to fit 19x11 rims all around. This will expand your tire choices for track and slalom use.
Let me know as soon as you get some news.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:01 AM   #390
Camper
Banned

Drives: 10' 2SS LS3 M6
anyone getting any gears yet?
Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:56 AM   #391
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper View Post
anyone getting any gears yet?
Still waiting!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #392
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I"m still waiting too. Somebody said Maureen was on vacation last week. Hopefully, we'll hear from her this coming week.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote