Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #1
ZXCamaro
Banned

Drives: Camaro
1LE woes - misery loves company.

So Im still not feeling the recaros. Being a gentleman of a larger stature, they are not comfortable. I have a deal with someone with a 2SS to trade seats, but its making me nervous thinking about resale. The recaros are a big part of this car. And a 1LE without the recaros to me, would be less valuable. Now Im sure not every dealer would even notice. But my selling dealer claims they would. I asked when I took it in the other day for a wash.

Other notable things that are bothering me. No auto. I went from a 2017 charger Daytona 392 with literally the best A8 on the planet, to this manual. And dont get me wrong. The manual is very good. But its not as fast as the auto, plus my laziness is kicking in and I really would like to just relax when I drive. A big part of me is saying I should have gotten a 2SS auto, rather than the 1LE.

Heres the rub. I have yet to experience the car for what it was intended for. The track. For a street car, its ok. In complete touring mode, its livable but just barely. Put it in sport or track, and its so stiff it will rattle your teeth out. Im sure its glorious out on the track which im sure I will try at least once this year, but I planned to drive it quite alot on the street.

Do others feel this way about the car? Im sure there will be people saying they think its a great street car, and super comfortable and so on. I just dont feel that way. I have no plans on selling it, but this seat thing needs to get better. Im thinking about the trade and will most likely go through with it.

Im open to just buying a single 2SS or even a 1SS seat for the drivers side seeing as I dont have heated/cooled. But I would really want to keep the 1LE intact for when I do sell it. Im thinking my days of driving high strung race cars on the street are over. Meaning I would rather have a car like the Daytona 392 vs something so focus like this 1LE. Too late now... But any other opinions how I can make this car more livable on the street?
ZXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #2
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Sounds like you picked the wrong car. If you are really that unhappy cut ties with the car sooner rather than later and get what you want. Sounds like a Challenger Scat Pack with an Auto would fit your wants better.

For me I waited to get the 1LE for over 2 years because I knew I would regret pulling the trigger on a scat pack or a non 1LE SS, if indeed they did release a Camaro SS 1LE.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #3
ZXCamaro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
Sounds like you picked the wrong car. If you are really that unhappy cut ties with the car sooner rather than later and get what you want. Sounds like a Challenger Scat Pack with an Auto would fit your wants better.
I had that (17 challenger scat a8), before the daytona. It felt like a boat. I "cut ties" with that car after two months for the 17 daytona. Ended up doing the same with the Daytona because I couldnt wrap my head around a pleasure car with 4 doors. But now I see that car was probably the right car. Most likely a charger hellcat will be next but again not for a while. Im in this camaro for atleast two years at this point. Its not a money thing, but I really wanted this car and I do love it. I just need to figure out how to make it work as a summer daily. I think the seat thing will help once I get a better seat in there. But as for trading both recaros for 2SS seats, thats not sitting well with me. I think I might just buy a complete 1SS drivers seat and keep the recaro in plastic.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:03 AM   #4
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
I'm large, ok I'm a fat ass I'm 5'11" and 300, broad shoulders and while the recaro's are firm I don't find them the least bit uncomfortable I actually really like them a lot. And I have pulled a trip of 5+ hours driving in them with just one quick stop for gas with no comfort issues. I'm not sure why so many are complaining about the recaro's.

As for the manual complaint well you knew the car was manual before you bought it don't know what to tell you there. Me personally I would never ever own an auto in this type of car or any car but that's just me.

As for non track ride comfort I find mine to be exceptional for a daily driver, you're not locked into one setting you can't totally customize it how you want it, doesn't have to be touring or track, you can change steering and ride individually. My car will never see the track but I still bought the car I wanted and wouldn't change a thing.

Sounds like maybe you didn't get exactly what you wanted or thought you wanted to me.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

If you change seats I would defnitely keep your stock one for resale.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #6
ZXCamaro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
I'm large, ok I'm a fat ass I'm 5'11" and 300, broad shoulders and while the recaro's are firm I don't find them the least bit uncomfortable I actually really like them a lot. And I have pulled a trip of 5+ hours driving in them with just one quick stop for gas with no comfort issues. I'm not sure why so many are complaining about the recaro's.

As for the manual complaint well you knew the car was manual before you bought it don't know what to tell you there. Me personally I would never ever own an auto in this type of car or any car but that's just me.

As for non track ride comfort I find mine to be exceptional for a daily driver, you're not locked into one setting you can't totally customize it how you want it, doesn't have to be touring or track, you can change steering and ride individually. My car will never see the track but I still bought the car I wanted and wouldn't change a thing.

Sounds like maybe you didn't get exactly what you wanted or thought you wanted to me.
Funny thing is the last 7 sports cars I have had were manual. Then I took a hiatus of almost three years before I jumped into the challenger. Then two months after that I got the daytona. I was spoiled with how awesome the A8 in those cars was. There is no manual on the planet that would be able to match the performance. And the shifter paddles were ferrari fast. But I knew how to drive manual and was ok with it from all those last cars, so I said what the hell. Looks like being spoiled with the auto really stuck on me. I didnt feel any loss of engagement to the car or loss of performance control with those autos. They allowed you to play hard and then drop the car in 8th and cruise.

I do like banging gears in the 1LE, just not at 5am on the way to work. Thats where my Daytona was MONEY! Had the heated seats and steering wheel getting me warm, while I relaxed and drank my coffee while motoring down the road with 485hp on tap. Heres my "old" car. Bottom line, I need another one. But I wont sell the camaro for it. I want both....lol

Old 05-11-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

From everything you saying I can't wrap my head around why you bought a Camaro 1le.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:17 AM   #8
ZXCamaro
Banned

Quote:
From everything you saying I can't wrap my head around why you bought a Camaro 1le.
I've wanted one since the 5th gen 1LE came out. But I had no idea how sharp they are. My selling dealer and just about every other local dealer would not allow test drives let alone letting me take the car for the night to check it out. Even with the camaro SS's, they would not allow drives. So it was what it was and if I wanted it I had to basically buy it without being able to drive it. Plus they wanted my Daytona BAD and they gave me huge money for it. It only had 845 miles on it.

But the camaro was always top of my list of cars to get and I really have wanted a 1LE for a long time. I wanted a Lamborghini Countach too since I was 5, but we know how bad of a car that is now... lol. I will be fine with my camaro. Just need some time to get it the way I want it. But I was wondering what others thought about its comfort and daily driving habits?
Old 05-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #9
EV2DEMON

Drives: 2004 Z06, 2017 1LE
I think the 1LE is a nearly perfect combination of equipment from the factory. The manual, Recaros, magnetic shocks, etc. If the 1LE is not right, the 2SS can be set up to be more of a Grand Touring car, while still offering great performance.

My wife's car has a ZF8. While I agree that the shifts are fast and it's spectacular under acceleration, it still suffers the same problem as any torque converter auto during spirited driving: a disconnected feeling. The fast shifts do not make up for the inability to transmit feel or control during deceleration and down shifting. You simply can't get that with a slushbox.
EV2DEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #10
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

I would never buy a car from a dealer than didn't allow test drives that's laughable, especially in a regular SS. These are 40-45k cars not 500k its absolutely ludicrous to say no test drives. I wouldn't ever do business with such a dealer local or not.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #11
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

You trade cars really fast it just sounds to me like your not researching your decisions very well before jumping into them.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:27 AM   #12
ZXCamaro
Banned

Quote:
You trade cars really fast it just sounds to me like your not researching your decisions very well before jumping into them.
As a matter of fact, I spent those 2+ years hiatus researching those cars. I have test driven them before just not the 1LE. I knew what I was getting into, but its hard to see from youtube videos and test drives how a car is going to fit into your daily life. I didnt think I was going to DD the 1LE either, but its a blast to drive and its a shame to let it sit in the garage more often than not, and drive our family minivan to work. Thats a travesty right there. I paid a lot for this car and Im not going to let it sit so its perfect for the next guy. I used to do that to all my last couple cars, and right now someone else is enjoying all of them. Not going to waste this one. Thats what happened with the challenger to daytona swap too. I was letting the challenger sit. When I traded that in for the Daytona, the daytona was just way too good to let sit. That car begged to be driven for everything. Shit my kids were LOVING the rear heated seats. They love the new 1LE too, but its expectedly smaller and harder to get into for them. Luckily they are 3, 6 and 7.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #13
Ryephile
Hot Dog

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE
Fascinating, but I have to agree you didn't buy the right car. I love the 1LE *because* it's hardcore, but one mans lemonade is another mans lemon. Not everyone wants to drive a track car on the road, in fact most people don't, because it's just too uncomfortable.

It sounds like an A8 2SS with MRC is the Camaro you really want. Or, why did you sell the Daytona?
Old 05-11-2017, 09:46 AM   #14
thewurzernator

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE RAPID BLUE
I have a 17 2LT 1LE with the Leather SS seats. I would be willing to trade you seats straight up. I am in the west burbs of Chicago.
thewurzernator is offline   Reply With Quote