Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

Old 04-08-2019, 02:31 PM   #1
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Doug Thorley 1 3/4 TRI-Y headers for sale

I have changed my headers from 1 3/4 to 1 7/8. These headers have always done well by me. I started off stock, then went NA. After a few years of NA I went supercharged. I race it as well as do half mile runs. I am now looking for the last bit of HP I can get up top.

These are great for anyone who is looking to make the jump to Long Tubes and anyone NA or up to 600HP. You can use them for higher HP, but the block could then benefit from larger size. 1 3/4 keeps better torque down low and with tri-y you keep the torque through midrange.

Here is a great deal. I bought them at $750 when I ordered them. Looking for 450 plus buyer pays shipping.

Why the Tri-Y

Why the Tri-Y? Serious Horsepower that’s why! Invented by Doug Thorley Headers, the Tri-Y header is designed to match the synchronization of the engine firing order, thereby maximizing exhaust scavenging. This design creates the optimum torque and greatest horsepower gains in comparison to any other design.

See what why many say this is one of the best performance headers out there!

Call us to get any question answered.

https://youtu.be/imJmyp5HhzY
Attached Images

Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
edog

bump
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
Old 04-26-2019, 09:06 PM   #3
edog

bump
Old 04-27-2019, 08:24 PM   #4
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Do you by any chance have clearance pics to the steering shaft in these? Also, what cats fit up to these not sure DT has any high flows they sell?
Old 05-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #5
edog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgizzle View Post
Do you by any chance have clearance pics to the steering shaft in these? Also, what cats fit up to these not sure DT has any high flows they sell?
Sorry for the late response.

I do not have any pics of specific clearance. I can tell you I installed them on my own. Went up through the bottom of the car. When we removed them they dropped right out. They fit super easy with zero clearance issues. I had high flow cats on. My exhaust guy placed then in the off road pipe just after the connection to the header. About 6 or 7 inches back. Never had any issues.

I kept my exhaust I had when installing the larger headers. My exhaust guy just cut off pipe from cat forward and made another connection pipe from the header to the cat. Easy work.

No clearance issues.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #6
edog

bump