Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #351
Birch

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS 6 spd Hurst Shifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by armando416 View Post
I took my car to the dealer due to USB issues, yet they told me it didn't need the update. I don't understand how to use that GM site someone gave a link to...I entered the VIN and it shows 4 different PDIM updates. Does that mean the dealer was wrong?
I took mine to the dealer as well and they said the same thing. I convinced them to contact the factory and they did and were given a bypass code and new firmware to download. or at least thats what they told me. Still having some IPOD issues with folder display
Birch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #352
Greyfox

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
You can use the Aux port (and control it with the iPod) fine. If you do choose to get the PDIM installed so you can use it via USB, it should work fine for the most part. The remaining issues (which have no fix in sight) are pretty much with non-iPod devices only.

Sweet! Thanks for the info.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:49 AM   #353
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch View Post
I took mine to the dealer as well and they said the same thing. I convinced them to contact the factory and they did and were given a bypass code and new firmware to download. or at least thats what they told me. Still having some IPOD issues with folder display
Great, glad you could get your PDIM updated. If you have an iPod connected, it won't give you the folder display option. If you're getting that option in the menu, you are using an iPod that is not supported and the operation will be a bit strange. It is probably showing up with the USB logo on the left side of the screen instead of the iPod icon which is shown in my avatar.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #354
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer78 View Post
codeman71,

sometimes when I get in the car. It will not remember my ipod. I have to unplug the usb and plug it back in. If I go to my dealer for the pdim update, will it resolve this issue? Also, I get a little crackling in the sound every now and then when I play my ipod. Is this normal?
That's the biggest issue that is in the software installed in the first Camaros. The updates the dealer has access to will fix that issue.

As for the crackling, that is not normal. There could potentially be a loose connection, or something bad in the PDIM. Try getting the update first, and then if it's still crackling you might need to have the dealer check the connections.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:00 AM   #355
billw501

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Man that's frustrating! I'm so sorry that you're being given the run around on your vehicle. It makes absolutely no difference the type of iPod you're using or airplane more or anything. It's a bug in the software that needs to be updated in your vehicle. Please give this number a call and let them know about the trouble you are having: 1-800-508-3060. If you still have trouble after calling this number, let me know and I'll get it escalated within.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, but hopefully we can get this fixed for you soon!
Thanks much, Codeman. I appreciate your assistance.
billw501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:26 AM   #356
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer78 View Post
codeman71,

sometimes when I get in the car. It will not remember my ipod. I have to unplug the usb and plug it back in. If I go to my dealer for the pdim update, will it resolve this issue? Also, I get a little crackling in the sound every now and then when I play my ipod. Is this normal?
The firmware upgrade to version CE fixed this issue for me as well.

-Rizzo
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #357
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Is it possible that while starting the car, the voltage drop is enough to intorduce some sort of signal into the iPod that causes it to do some sort of "soft reset"?
Actually, I may be on to something here. It looks like what is happening is that when the car is started, the PDIM is seeing a signal that selects the first option on the PDIM iPod menu which is "Play all"
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #358
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Hey codeman, is there any news on a potential software update or updated hardware that fixes the playlist and indexing issues for non-iPod devices?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #359
Foc-Dog
Pickedup Charlene on 9/18

Drives: '00 Ford Focus, '10 2LT/RS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
What PDIM software do you have? I'm curious to know if this worked on CC. I thought I remembered it working before but I'm not sure.
My dealer updated me with CE last week, and my Zune still won't recognize playlists. Is GM even aware of this?
Foc-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 PM   #360
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foc-Dog View Post
My dealer updated me with CE last week, and my Zune still won't recognize playlists. Is GM even aware of this?
I'm curious as to if this never worked or if the latest Zune firmware broke it or the PDIM software CE broke it. I think I remember playlists working previously.

Does anyone have a Zune with PDIM CC that can check if playlists work?
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:59 PM   #361
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
question, are there ANY dealers in Houston who have applied the PDIM update yet? I'm dealing with some serious *%#*(_o_)@# $&*@s's and would like to have someone else do it. The guys who looked into figuring out my problem by running "just tests" and then gave my car back to me with On* not working now..., can't even get the update and haven't called me back yet that they received the new communications module from On* (which they ordered 3 and half weeks ago). Codeman has been trying to help me but these guys don't seem to want any help. I've e-mailed them everything codeman told me and still nothing.

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:29 PM   #362
BassGeek

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
Actually, I may be on to something here. It looks like what is happening is that when the car is started, the PDIM is seeing a signal that selects the first option on the PDIM iPod menu which is "Play all"
I'll see if I can get ahold of my wife's Nano and check it out. Another though, though - My wife complained of a similar problem with her Nano in her Civic. After spending a while trying to figure it out, I determined that the problem was that she was tossing it on the passenger seat. The Nano has an accelerometer for turning the screen to landscape mode, but also engages the "shuffle all" feature if you shake it. Kinda weird, but easy to solve.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:05 AM   #363
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foc-Dog View Post
Yes we are aware and know this is an issue. The software team is working to try to fix it. It is strange that some people have no problem with their Zune playlists and others do. Wonder if it's at all related to the 2500 song limit. Do you have more songs than that?

Old 10-31-2009, 08:07 AM   #364
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosman View Post
question, are there ANY dealers in Houston who have applied the PDIM update yet? I'm dealing with some serious *%#*(_o_)@# $&*@s's and would like to have someone else do it. The guys who looked into figuring out my problem by running "just tests" and then gave my car back to me with On* not working now..., can't even get the update and haven't called me back yet that they received the new communications module from On* (which they ordered 3 and half weeks ago). Codeman has been trying to help me but these guys don't seem to want any help. I've e-mailed them everything codeman told me and still nothing.
Did you give that 800-number a call I sent earlier? If so and you have a case number from them, I can escalate the issue for you. If you haven't called that number, give it a try and see if they're able to help you out. You should not have to go through this and we need to make it right for you.