Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #225
philthy

Drives: 1971 Monte Carlo/2010 Camaro 2LT
Finally got around to taking my Camaro to the dealer for the PDIM update. My Zune now stays connected and the radio stays on the input I was listening to when the car was shut off. The only thing it did not fix that irks me a little is that it won't retain the "random" setting after I shut the car off and restart.

Also got the small spot of peeling paint on the front fascia where it meets the fender fixed. They touched it up and blended it perfectly. You would never know it was touched up!

Front brakes squeaked a bit when coming to a slow stop...they checked it out and applied stop squeal to the linings and lubricated the pad contact points to help quiet it. Haven't hard a peep out of the brakes since.
1971 Monte Carlo
philthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #226
fastal

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2000 Z28
I tried to get the PDIM update today. The dealer had a hard time finding it, but eventually they did. Then it kept loading part way and disconnecting. Once it got up to about 90% and then died. At about 1:30 I agreed to come back next Saturday and they are going to contact their IT to try to resolve the connection problem. Whoever decided that wireless only updates was a good thing needs to be taken out and beaten by a few techs who have dealt with disconnects. They even had my car about 5 feet from the workstation sending the wireless update.

Of course since I was running late I didn't check everything and now I no longer have an Aux Input/Bluetooth option on the radio. So next weekend before I leave we will stream music from my phone to the car and make sure everything works.

HW CB Anyone know difference between CB and CC hardware?
SW CC
fastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #227
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Software CE Available At Your Dealer

Logged onto one of our website and saw that software CE is now available for your dealer to download and install in your PDIM, which also means that new Camaros being built should have the latest software version.

If you still have CC and have been waiting for CE, you don't need to wait any longer. If you have already had your dealer upgrade to CD, it's probably not too critical that you get the update unless you use the A2DP Bluetooth feature, as there are a few things that have been improved with that.

In case your dealer needs help, the part number is 20893390. I don't know how long this particular update takes for the dealer. The previous was about 50 mins, this might take longer since it updates more of the unit, or it might not.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #228
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Yay! Now I just need to find time to take my car in. Thanks codeman71.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #229
y2jdmbfan

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Took mine in for the update at lunch time today...Car is still at the dealer...Apparently they were having difficulty getting it to flash...They just called and asked me how I have the radar detector hooked up, I just used the fuse method, so I told them they could unhook it if they needed to...I am an EE, so I realize how stupid it sounds that they think the radar detector could be causing the unit not to take a flash...Who knows if they are going to be able to figure it out or not...

Y2J
y2jdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #230
y2jdmbfan

So they just called and said they couldn't get the update to take so they will have to have me bring the car back...Sounds like I will be taking it to another dealer...
Old 09-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #231
y2jdmbfan

I hope they didn't pull my wire for my radar detector out completely...
Old 09-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #232
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jdmbfan View Post
I hope they didn't pull my wire for my radar detector out completely...
They probably just cut it lol.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #233
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
Logged onto one of our website and saw that software CE is now available for your dealer to download and install in your PDIM, which also means that new Camaros being built should have the latest software version.

If you still have CC and have been waiting for CE, you don't need to wait any longer. If you have already had your dealer upgrade to CD, it's probably not too critical that you get the update unless you use the A2DP Bluetooth feature, as there are a few things that have been improved with that.

In case your dealer needs help, the part number is 20893390. I don't know how long this particular update takes for the dealer. The previous was about 50 mins, this might take longer since it updates more of the unit, or it might not.
My Car was at the dealer for 3 days and they were going back & forth with GM about trying to find a fix for my issue. To top it off, they still haven't gotten the software to update it. I picked up the car because I have to go to work tonight and the Service Consultant said that they would call me once they get the update sent to them. He's under the impression that they can't get the updates until GM sends it to them. I printed out a page with the Part number and CVN codes so they should be able to find it, but nope... they didn't even know what they were looking at... According to my deck, I have HW:CB and SW:CC

The issue I have is this:

(here's the video if YouTube still hasn't got the upload finalized: http://s94930524.onlinehome.us/biggs...maro-error.mp4)

Do you have any info I can give them on how and where to find these updates? There's other updates as well for ECM and such but they won't do any updates unless I have a problem with it b/c they said GM won't pay them/for it otherwise!?!?!? Is that right/does that make sense?

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #234
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
It looks like your PDIM is locked up, and that should get fixed if you unplug anything connected to your USB port, turn the car off, open the door, wait like 30s, then close the door and restart the car. The PDIM locking up is a known issue with the software version you have. Normally it won't even let you get to USB, so you're seeing something a bit different.

Yeah there has to be either a service bulletin out that says to do the repairs, or else a problem observed by the customer in order for GM to reimburse the dealers for the work they do (what you show in the video should count). The only info that I've seen that people have done is to just take that part number and Cal ID sheet to them. I know there have been so many problems with the dealers trying to get their hands on this update, so I don't really know why some can figure it out while others can't. I guess it's all about training and how familiar they are with our systems for obtaining updates. Since I don't work in that area, I really have no idea how that part of the business functions.

I don't know when, but I would imagine that someday there'll be a service bulletin about how to update the PDIM which should resolve a lot of these issues, but unfortunately there isn't one out yet it seems.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #235
jtnwevo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
My dealer was unable to get my PDIM to update so they are replacing the entire module...
jtnwevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #236
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
codeman71 do you or any one know if the new released update fix's the USB, if i turn the car off it do not start at the same song it go's to some other song.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #237
katman

Drives: 2LT Auto RS sunroof
Does anyone know how to take songs from your itunes on the computer and put them onto your USB flashdrive? I tried by individually copying each song and then paste them into the flash drive last night. I was able to play the songs from the flashdrive last night on the computer, but the Camaro wouldn't even recognize the USB, it only looked for a CD or Aux input and found nothing. What am I doing wrong? Will the new CE firmware update solve this?
katman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #238
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
do you have a mac or a windows based PC?
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote