Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #15
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
I didn't have too much trouble getting the rear bar in or out, even the newer, longer, outboard mount bar, just had to lower the exhaust a bit to make it relatively painless. The front on the other hand... Some people suggesting lifting the engine a bit (loosen engine mounts), some just cut the bar in half (although this doesn't help getting the new one in). I found that I had to push the bar in from above the frame if I remember correctly; I don't have pictures, but there's some plastic dirt/wind shield clipped to the frame near where the ABS wire runs, on the passenger side; unclipping the plastic piece and shoving the bar through the little space made things much easier.

I'd also highly recommend investing in a pair of jack stands and never working under the car with just a jack holding it up!
Yes, for the jack stands. How many tones would you recommend? I had one on that side later that day. 5 tone would do the trick?
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 06:16 AM   #16
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
5 ton might be overkill but I guess there's nothing wrong with that! I have four jack stands, two are 2 ton and two are 3 ton. I also have wood blocks (bunch of 2x8's screwed together) for extra protection and place them under the subframe of whichever side I'm working on; I put the jack stands behind the front tires/in front of the rear tires, where the scissor jack would go. Once the car is up give it a shove and make sure it's balanced and the stands aren't moving.
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote