Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2022, 10:49 PM   #1
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
2011 Camaro 2SS Battery Hold Down mounts for both left and right sides question?

I want to know if GM-ACDelco sells a right side battery hold down mount for a 2011 Camaro 2SS? I already have the hold down mount for the left side. This is the hard plastic part that bolds into the metal battery housing frame at the bottom of the trunk. I noticed if I use any aftermarket battery other than ACDelco, the battery will slide around at the bottom from side to side even if it bolted down in place over the top. This does not stop it from siding from side to side. For now, I'm using a Garage Wall Protector Bumper Guard foam on the right side that I custom cut into place. It is more less a think rubber foam. I've only been able to find the left side hold down part online. Are there also complete battery housing units sold that are a better solution at securing aftermarket batteries? Not everyone wants an ACDelco battery. Some batteries are better for sure.

Last edited by Camaro_Fuzion; 02-04-2022 at 07:36 AM.
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 11:14 PM   #2
L6611983

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
GM (92229632)
L6611983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:59 AM   #3
Camaro_Fuzion

Drives: 2022 Chevy Camaro 2SS Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by L6611983 View Post
GM (92229632)

Is the part diagram referring to the left hold down or right hold down? I have the left hold down in place. I'm just trying to see if there is one for the right side. The picture diagram does not say which side it is for.
Camaro_Fuzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:37 AM   #4
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
I believe its only for ONE side as the tray acts as the other. What you have done, with a smaller framed battery, is cause a gap in the mounting surface area, that can only be fixed with a "make it work" kinda thing like you've done. There isnt another plastic block for the other side. You will have to buy the aftermarket base tray one for smaller framed batteries, Part 4 in your diagram or just use a "make it work" set up like you have. The issue I see with yours, is that "block" is the hold down, and the "make it work" side isnt actually helping at all its just filling up space and not holding the battery in place. However, you have the top brace holding it in place, so it should be OK. If you want to keep what youre doing, cut grooves in "your" side to fit the side of the battery to help it hold it in place.

Something like this: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/i...gaAo5IEALw_wcB
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 09:29 AM   #5
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Fuzion View Post
I want to know if GM-ACDelco sells a right side battery hold down mount for a 2011 Camaro 2SS? I already have the hold down mount for the left side. This is the hard plastic part that bolds into the metal battery housing frame at the bottom of the trunk. I noticed if I use any aftermarket battery other than ACDelco, the battery will slide around at the bottom from side to side even if it bolted down in place over the top. This does not stop it from siding from side to side. For now, I'm using a Garage Wall Protector Bumper Guard foam on the right side that I custom cut into place. It is more less a think rubber foam. I've only been able to find the left side hold down part online. Are there also complete battery housing units sold that are a better solution at securing aftermarket batteries? Not everyone wants an ACDelco battery. Some batteries are better for sure.

Battery size is classified by groups. 48,75,78 etc. All 48 group batteries have the same dimensions, all 75 the same etc. You just have the wrong group battery for the car. Off the top of my head I'm not sure what group battery a Camaro takes but any retailer should be able to advise you on the right one. I wouldn't feel safe with a 40-50lb unsecured battery, especially in a accident!
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 11:33 AM   #6
Y88 TA

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS 6 Manual, 1978 Y88 TA
Group 94.
Y88 TA is offline   Reply With Quote