Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Thumbs up INFAMOUS 2

My fiancé bought it for me today and I've put in about 2 hours of gameplay. If you liked the first one you'll like the sequel. You know have a melee weapon as well as a couple of added abilities. I was also able to start the game using my data from Infamous.

The controls and gameplay are identical from what I remember. One exception is that the dead drops aren't found on rooftops via satellite links. They are now carrier pigeons carrying USBs. You must stun them to get them to drop from the sky. The main boss of this game is The Beast and you encounter him briefly in the game's opening sequence. He destroys Empire Island and you make way for New Marais which is supposed to be New Orleans. You now have to fight a militia which is controlling the city since the floods. You'll also encounter some "freaks". Freaks are mutants and not some kinky prostitute.

All in all it's been an enjoyable game thus far and I'm looking forward to putting some more time into it.

Anyone else played it yet?

Last edited by WadeWilson; 06-11-2011 at 01:09 AM.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Game is dope as hell! Liked the first one and this one is just as good. A little mad that the beast is king kong sized. Thought he would be the same as Cole and have an all out battle. Oh well.

How are you playing it. Good or bad?
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
Game is dope as hell! Liked the first one and this one is just as good. A little mad that the beast is king kong sized. Thought he would be the same as Cole and have an all out battle. Oh well.

How are you playing it. Good or bad?
I decided to play through as good the first time through. I'm currently at Hero status and I'm 36% complete. I would probably be around 45% by now, but I've spent quite a bit of time jumping around looking for those damn carrier pigeons.

I love the new ionic moves they've added and the combo moves when you're doing a mission with Nix or Kuo.

How many blast cores have you found? I need 4 more.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
CJ Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I decided to play through as good the first time through. I'm currently at Hero status and I'm 36% complete. I would probably be around 45% by now, but I've spent quite a bit of time jumping around looking for those damn carrier pigeons.

I love the new ionic moves they've added and the combo moves when you're doing a mission with Nix or Kuo.

How many blast cores have you found? I need 4 more.
Probably right at the same spot. I just look for blast shards. Can't stand the dead drops.

I also started a campaign as a bad guy. Game seems easier that way.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Best Game I've played all year so Far!!!
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:00 PM   #6
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post
Probably right at the same spot. I just look for blast shards. Can't stand the dead drops.

I also started a campaign as a bad guy. Game seems easier that way.
I'm surprised. I figured it would be more difficult playing through with bad karma considering you have to deal with the police and citizens attacking you on top of the bad guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
Best Game I've played all year so Far!!!
Sweet!!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:23 PM   #7
CJ Man

Man don't know if you got this far, but after you and kuo (or nix) are in the machine. The game just gets better!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #8
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Sweet!! I haven't played it since last weekend, but I'll be playing tonight. It will be me and Kuo since I've been picking the good karma missions. I can't wait to play it this evening.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
bkalt

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I cant wait to purchase this game... I have been so excited for it. The first one was one of my favorites. Going tonight to bestbuy to pick up a copy!
bkalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:09 PM   #10
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Yup, its official Infamous 2 is My first personal Game Of The Year contender!!! Great game!!!
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #11
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Storming the fort mission and I have to fire a middle from one transformer to another. If there is one thing that aggravates me about this game, it's guiding these missiles.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:30 PM   #12
CJ Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Storming the fort mission and I have to fire a middle from one transformer to another. If there is one thing that aggravates me about this game, it's guiding these missiles.
that and the overcharge missions. I wanted to kick ass. Not play a Tony hawk game!
Old 06-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

LMAO!! I just noticed my iPhone put middle instead of missile. Must of been typing fast and forgot the i.

Just finished beating the Bohemoth. He wasn't very hard, but it took a while with all the running, charging and dodging. I let the Militia fight as many of the monsters as I could. If I wouldn't have had to stop to watch a movie with the missus I'd be a bit further.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Powered up Flood town. Only died once, but it was still a PITA. Hopefully that's the last time I have to power up transformers and defend them.